2022 cruise release?

Really hoping it's this week! I'm driving myself nuts waiting to reschedule our sailing (AGAIN! Fingers crossed for the last time!)

The thing that annoys me is these cruise cancellations are not a surprise. The world knows that cruising will not be possible in 2021. Children will not be vaccinated this year and all Disney cruises will be cancelled for 2021 and probably first half of 2022. Disney really should have just lift and shifted everything to 2022 and 2023. If people couldn’t do it, refund the money. Now it’s a frustrating waiting game of when will Disney announce 2022 dates. I still don’t understand why they don’t announce years in advance like most cruise companies.

The thing that annoys me is these cruise cancellations are not a surprise. The world knows that cruising will not be possible in 2021. Children will not be vaccinated this year and all Disney cruises will be cancelled for 2021 and probably first half of 2022. Disney really should have just lift and shifted everything to 2022 and 2023. If people couldn’t do it, refund the money. Now it’s a frustrating waiting game of when will Disney announce 2022 dates. I still don’t understand why they don’t announce years in advance like most cruise companies.
Gosh a lift and shift would be amazing and reduce so much stress on the system by people trying to get what they already have.

We don't know what the CDC will say about vaccinating children. So far they haven't been concerned about children contracting the disease - they very well could say in cruise guidance that children aren't required to be vaccinated.

We don't know what the CDC will say about vaccinating children. So far they haven't been concerned about children contracting the disease - they very well could say in cruise guidance that children aren't required to be vaccinated.

The President of Moderna was on the Today show this morning. They are just now starting trials in children under 12. He doesn't expect results for this group until the end of the year. The 12-16 cohort results will be available around September. That being the case it would be hard to require vaccines (IMO) for children 12-16 before next year. And for children under 12, even later.

It's been a trial to even get us vaccinated as adults. I worry a lot about getting DD3 in for a vaccine; another reason to move to Sept 2022.

I do not see a release of itineraries for summer of 2022, at least including Disney Wish, until they release ship information on Disney Wish, such as deck plans, cabin categories, etc. In absence of this information, any release in the near future would only be for the existing 4 ships of the DCL fleet.

I do not see a release of itineraries for summer of 2022, at least including Disney Wish, until they release ship information on Disney Wish, such as deck plans, cabin categories, etc. In absence of this information, any release in the near future would only be for the existing 4 ships of the DCL fleet.
I 100% agree that they won't put the Wish on sale without releasing other information about it first, but the longer they wait on releasing Summer 2022 itineraries for the other ships the more I feel like they're waiting to do all 5 together.

Tentatively waiting for summer 2022 for Alaska. I think my jaw will hit the floor when I see the prices and it will be a no go. Unless they won't be too bad because they think people will be nervous about cruising for a while ( yes I know, wishful thinking!)
I've looked at other cruise lines, and they just don't have the same appeal, although some are half the price that I expect Disney will be!

The President of Moderna was on the Today show this morning. They are just now starting trials in children under 12. He doesn't expect results for this group until the end of the year. The 12-16 cohort results will be available around September. That being the case it would be hard to require vaccines (IMO) for children 12-16 before next year. And for children under 12, even later.
It's been a trial to even get us vaccinated as adults. I worry a lot about getting DD3 in for a vaccine; another reason to move to Sept 2022.

Yikes folks, can we please keep the vaccine talk in the vaccine thread and keep this thread focused on the itinerary release?

Tentatively waiting for summer 2022 for Alaska. I think my jaw will hit the floor when I see the prices and it will be a no go. Unless they won't be too bad because they think people will be nervous about cruising for a while ( yes I know, wishful thinking!)
I've looked at other cruise lines, and they just don't have the same appeal, although some are half the price that I expect Disney will be!

Those prices are going to be ridiculous. DCL is going to take full advantage of the FCCs.

When to Book
March 22, 2021: Platinum Members
March 23, 2021: Platinum and Gold Members
March 24, 2021: Platinum, Gold and Silver Members
March 25, 2021: All Guests

Mediterranean & Greek Isles
7-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona: Departing May 21
7-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona: Departing May 28
6-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona ending in Civitavecchia (Rome): Departing June 4
8-Night Mediterranean with Greek Isles Cruise from Civitavecchia (Rome): Departing June 10
9-Night Mediterranean with Greek Isles Cruise from Civitavecchia (Rome): Departing June 18
9-Night Mediterranean with Greek Isles Cruise from Civitavecchia (Rome): Departing June 27
12-Night Mediterranean with Greek Isles Cruise from Civitavecchia (Rome) ending in Barcelona: Departing July 6
5-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona: Departing July 18
7-Night Western Europe Cruise from Barcelona ending in Dover: Departing July 23
11-Night Northern Europe Cruise from Dover ending in Copenhagen: Departing July 30

Europe & British Isles
7-Night Northern Europe Cruise from Copenhagen: Departing August 10
7-Night Northern Europe Cruise from Dover: Departing August 28
11-Night Norway, Iceland and Scotland Cruise from Copenhagen ending in Dover: Departing August 17
7-Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise from Dover: Departing September 4
7-Night British Isles Cruise from Dover: Departing September 11

Here is the Alaska info, which is what I was waiting for!
Alaska
Embark on a 7-night cruise brimming with adventure, picturesque scenery, and exciting ports featuring prehistoric glaciers, gold-mining relics and eclectic shopping. Sailings depart from Canada.

2022 Disney Wonder 7-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver: 5/16, 5/23, 5/30, 6/13, 6/20, 6/27, 7/4, 7/11, 7/18, 7/25, 8/8, 8/15, 8/22, 8/29, 9/5, 9/12

Day 1: Vancouver (British Columbia), Canada
Day 2: At Sea
Day 3: Dawes Glacier, Alaska
Day 4: Skagway, Alaska
Day 5: Juneau, Alaska
Day 6: Ketchikan, Alaska
Day 7: At Sea
Day 8: Vancouver (British Columbia), Canada

2022 Disney Wonder 7-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver: 6/6, 8/1

Day 1: Vancouver (British Columbia), Canada
Day 2: At Sea
Day 3: Dawes Glacier, Alaska
Day 4: Icy Strait Point, Alaska
Day 5: Juneau, Alaska
Day 6: Ketchikan, Alaska
Day 7: At Sea
Day 8: Vancouver (British Columbia), Canada

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter