2022 Cruise Pin, Alaska Pin

Ulysses

Mouseketeer
So my family and I were on the final Alaska sailing of the year a few weeks ago. The #1 piece of merch I always go for is the DCL year pin (logo + 2022) and for this one, I definitely wanted an Alaska specific pin since it's a special itinerary.

However, they had been sold out for 3 weeks before we ever got on board.

I've searched high and low on eBay and Mercari, set alerts for new listings... but does anyone have a suggestion of anywhere else I could look?

I don't have OCD, but having those two gaps on my pin board is driving me crazy, haha

Thanks in advance!

I was on that cruise and bummed about there being no pins too. Apparently the "print run" of the Alaska pin order was really small. So disappointing. There were lots of Hawaii ones which was strange

I was on one in July and there weren't any, was told they had them for about 3 days (doubtful) and they sold out. I was bummed and still am because we really wanted that one too!

@LiZaArd I was curious about that and asked several CMs in the shop randomly about how many they ever had and put out to sell just to see what the most common story was. I got that answer a couple of times. Another time I was told they only ordered 2,500 and were only putting 60-100 out to sell. Which if that were true, the math doesn't make sense since they were carrying a minimum of 1,200 passengers per sailing. That's a big miss in inventory management either way you look at it.

Especially when they still had a pile of Hawaii and Panama Canal pins up for sale.

I ran in to the same thing on the Magic for the Greek Isles cruise at the end of June to the start of July. Absolutely nothing that was itinerary specific. :(

I was on one in July and there weren't any, was told they had them for about 3 days (doubtful) and they sold out. I was bummed and still am because we really wanted that one too!
We were on the July 25th Alaska sailing this year and bought the pin on either day 2 or 3. They seemed to have plenty to sell.

We were on the July 25th Alaska sailing this year and bought the pin on either day 2 or 3. They seemed to have plenty to sell.
Wow, then you were fortunate. Is there any chance you could post a picture of the pin from the cruise?

I've got alerts set on several sites trying to find on on resale, but I'm also not sure what it even looks like.

I ran in to the same thing on the Magic for the Greek Isles cruise at the end of June to the start of July. Absolutely nothing that was itinerary specific. :(
That's a bummer, but I had a similar thing happen on our 2017 Canada sailing. We scooped up 3 or 4 pins for the inaugural Marvel Day at Sea that debuted that month, but they didn't offer a pin for the actual itinerary for some reason.

Wow, then you were fortunate. Is there any chance you could post a picture of the pin from the cruise?

I've got alerts set on several sites trying to find on on resale, but I'm also not sure what it even looks like.

That's a bummer, but I had a similar thing happen on our 2017 Canada sailing. We scooped up 3 or 4 pins for the inaugural Marvel Day at Sea that debuted that month, but they didn't offer a pin for the actual itinerary for some reason.
I actually don't have the pin. I bought it for a friend of mine who cruised two weeks earlier but didn't get it on her sailing. So I mailed it to her as soon as we got home, sorry! I'm not a pin collector myself.

It’s weird I was on on the august 22 and did not rush to the shops I was able to get the pin by asking at checkout. The CM said this was going to be the last cruise they sold them in. I’m sorry you didn’t get one. I wish I had gotten the zip up hoodie but was to cheap

Attachments

• 621CB981-AF67-4827-8E6F-1766BDE7A53B.jpeg
    621CB981-AF67-4827-8E6F-1766BDE7A53B.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 7
Also on a side note our daughter lost a unique rapunzel pin we got in WDW in 2017. DH was able to find it on eBay! It came and low and behold we passed it off as her lost pin. So don’t give up.

It’s weird I was on on the august 22 and did not rush to the shops I was able to get the pin by asking at checkout. The CM said this was going to be the last cruise they sold them in. I’m sorry you didn’t get one. I wish I had gotten the zip up hoodie but was to cheap
Oh wow, thank you! Now at least I know what to pounce on if I see it. Thank you! Interesting that they didn't include the year on it.
Luckily I did snag one of the zip hoodies and I almost feel bad saying it's the most comfortable zip-up hoodie I own.

Also on a side note our daughter lost a unique rapunzel pin we got in WDW in 2017. DH was able to find it on eBay! It came and low and behold we passed it off as her lost pin. So don’t give up.
Crossing my fingers! I did succeed on finding the Christmas ornament already (Mercari) and was super happy about that. That was also sold out on the ship. Our Christmas tree is entirely comprised of travel decorations so that was a bigger deal for DW. I'm just going to keep my alerts on as long as I need to and keep hoping.

Great to hear you were able to score one! We were on the July 11th and there were zero, they obviously were able to restock at some point but not from the time we checked to the 18th when we left. 😞

Great to hear you were able to score one! We were on the July 11th and there were zero, they obviously were able to restock at some point but not from the time we checked to the 18th when we left. 😞
A friend of mine was on that July 11th cruise and she is the one I bought the pin for when we sailed two weeks later. Guess more stock arrived between our two cruises 😳

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter