2022 Bookings Now Open

I posted this on another topic, but I booked a two week package for the 50th anniversary in September/October while we were at the DIS Meet last October. This week, I just booked another 2 week package for the middle of January 2022 under the new rates. These are packages and include 10 day Hopper tickets, but the only increase in price from one over the other is the ticket increase that has been reported at about $5/day.

Here was my assessment on the other topic.

While not exactly apples to apples, I think it is directionally correct.

I have a 14 day, Sunday-Sunday Premium package with two- 10 day Hopper tickets for the last 2 weeks of September, leading into the first weekend of October (50th Anniversary)- The total package price is $3,325.

I have in my cart, a 14 day Sunday-Sunday package on a Premium site with two- 10 day Hopper tickets for January 9-22, 2022. Same site type and tickets as the September trip. The total price is $3,475. $150 difference, or about $10/day. That could be a seasonal difference, but per Ed's Campsite Price Comparison for 2021, both stays are "Value" (January) or "Value2" (October) periods. The Sept/October stay has two up priced days for the 50th and the January stay has 3 up priced days for MLK Day. The difference between "Value" and "Value2" is Value is $5/night more expensive ($137 vs $132 for a Premium Weekday).

What this boils down to is about $5/day for the package difference. We know from the TPAS forum that the average ticket price increase for next year is $5/day. If all this really pans out, it would imply no increase for the campsite.

I'm anxiously waiting for Ed's spreadsheet magic, but I'll be shocked if this plays out.

j

Does anyone know when a non-DVC person can book a dvc resort through Disney? I know the "11 months out" thing. I am looking for, literally when do the rooms show up in the system? Yesterday I could see DVC rack rate bookable availability through January 19, 2022. I assumed that today I would be able to see January 20, 2022 but that is not the case. I want to book 1/29/2022-2/5/2022 so I am trying to be prepared to do it as soon as I can. Anyone have any insights?

We stayed at Beach Club Villas in Feb. 2020 and I booked that in April 2019 but it was over the phone since it was before Disney had released the 2020 packages so it couldn't be done online. Now that everyone can see all of the availability for 20222 with a simple search I am paranoid that I won't be able to get a villa reservation.

Does anyone know when a non-DVC person can book a dvc resort through Disney? I know the "11 months out" thing. I am looking for, literally when do the rooms show up in the system? Yesterday I could see DVC rack rate bookable availability through January 19, 2022. I assumed that today I would be able to see January 20, 2022 but that is not the case. I want to book 1/29/2022-2/5/2022 so I am trying to be prepared to do it as soon as I can. Anyone have any insights?

We stayed at Beach Club Villas in Feb. 2020 and I booked that in April 2019 but it was over the phone since it was before Disney had released the 2020 packages so it couldn't be done online. Now that everyone can see all of the availability for 20222 with a simple search I am paranoid that I won't be able to get a villa reservation.

DVC booking windows have nothing to do with CRO reservations at the Deluxe Villa resorts. The 11/7 month windows only apply to members booking on points. As for cash reservations, Disney only uses DVC inventory in certain situations (RCI trades, unsold inventory, alternative point usage, etc.). My guess is that Covid limitations have this at an even smaller number than usual, limiting the inventory. I did find that Riviera has a few rooms during those dates, which I presume is due to the more extensive unsold inventory.

I checked on a cabin rental tonight and it was over $500/nt. I've probably rented cabins 15 times and I've paid as little as $130/nt. It's hard to be OK with those prices.

Seeing your post I went ahead and made reservations this morning for next March. We will be there from the 7 - 25. Haven’t been to Disney since October 2019, :faint: it’s time to get back.
Got school schedule today. Looks like week of March 12th through 18th. We'll have to get together once again. Been awhile my friend. I'll bring taco soup. You bring cigars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter