2022 9-Night Southern

GigEmAgs

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done a 9-night southern itinerary before and has a rough idea of how price differs from a 7-night east/west? I've got FCC and I'm trying to prepare myself for sticker shock if we try to rebook on the 9-night 😳 Thanks!

Has anyone done a 9-night southern itinerary before and has a rough idea of how price differs from a 7-night east/west? I've got FCC and I'm trying to prepare myself for sticker shock if we try to rebook on the 9-night 😳 Thanks!

No help but yes, I'd prepare for sticker shock and LOVE YOUR NAME! Whoop!

I looked into it last year when our May 2020 cruise was cancelled - booking for July, 2021. It was going to be $15,000 for 4 adults in 2 cat 4E verandah cabins!

I will say that we did pay $6000 for 2 adults in a cat 4E verandah cabin for the 8 night southern Caribbean cruise on the fantasy in October, 2019. So an extra $1000 for another night isn’t totally unexpected!

We're looking at this 9 night S. Caribbean also. The last time we did the S. Caribbean was in 2016, 7 nights, 4A, 2 adults, $5772

We're booking this as well on monday. - Sad that it's not going to Martinique. Loved going to that island in 2019.
That price in 2016 was real good. I expect it to be close to 2x that. Definitely more than $8K, hovering around $10K

I was interested in booking this. But how do I know what to book if I can't see prices?

We were hoping there would be a Southern Caribbean itinerary, but are a little disappointed in the one announced for 2022. The one for 2021 was to include St Kitts and St Lucia. The 2022 itinerary doesn't have those islands and instead has St Maarten & Dominica. So we probably will pass. What would be great is, if they did a Southern Caribbean cruise to the ABC islands one day.

We were hoping there would be a Southern Caribbean itinerary, but are a little disappointed in the one announced for 2022. The one for 2021 was to include St Kitts and St Lucia. The 2022 itinerary doesn't have those islands and instead has St Maarten & Dominica. So we probably will pass. What would be great is, if they did a Southern Caribbean cruise to the ABC islands one day.
That's a great itinerary. We did RCCL to get that. We sailed out of Puerto Rico, as those islands are pretty far away from the mainland USA. Fantasy went to Aruba on a 9 or 10 night sailing a few years ago. I enjoyed B and C better than A.

As a Death in Paradise fan, I'd be happy with a cruise to Guadaloupe.

Oh, and Whoop!

We did the 11 night southern Caribbean three summers ago. Was very expensive but nice. Was unimpressed by Aruba. Loved San Juan, Barbados (went sailing) and St Kitts. Neutral on Martinique.

That's a great itinerary. We did RCCL to get that. We sailed out of Puerto Rico, as those islands are pretty far away from the mainland USA. Fantasy went to Aruba on a 9 or 10 night sailing a few years ago. I enjoyed B and C better than A.
We did the ABC (plus Antigua) cruise on the Wonder from San Juan in January 2020 (our last cruise before the shutdown). Totally agree with you - Bonaire is our favorite destination in all the Caribbean, and Curaçao was excellent as well. Hope Disney goes back to them again sometime...

Would anyone happen to know if the Southern Caribbean cruises are more expensive per night than the 7-day Eastern or Western Carib cruises?

For example, there is a 7-night E. Carib Fantasy sailing on 7/30/22. The 9-night S. Carib sails on 7/21/22. So, same ship, same month, roughly the same region.

Now suppose that a given stateroom for 2 ppl on the 7-night costs $4,900. That would break down to a per-day cost of $700.

If I booked the 9-night with the same stateroom category, would the cost be somewhere around $6,300 (9 x $700)? Or does DCL charge appreciably more based on increased fuel costs and because they know people will pay a premium for these more remote, less built-up ports?

Would anyone happen to know if the Southern Caribbean cruises are more expensive per night than the 7-day Eastern or Western Carib cruises?

For example, there is a 7-night E. Carib Fantasy sailing on 7/30/22. The 9-night S. Carib sails on 7/21/22. So, same ship, same month, roughly the same region.

Now suppose that a given stateroom for 2 ppl on the 7-night costs $4,900. That would break down to a per-day cost of $700.

If I booked the 9-night with the same stateroom category, would the cost be somewhere around $6,300 (9 x $700)? Or does DCL charge appreciably more based on increased fuel costs and because they know people will pay a premium for these more remote, less built-up ports?

We sailed the 11-night SC in 2019 (my fav cruise so far).. we were on cat 4E extended verandah and it was around $900 per night (2 ppl).. I expect the 2022 9-night SC to easily be around $1000 per night, if not $1,100.. don't know what category you're looking to book but I'd expect a 10-15% increase on the SC itinerary .. will reply to this on monday after I book to see if I was right.

When we looked to book it last spring for July, 2021 it was more per night for the longer cruises. You can look at the fantasy 7 night vs 8 night sailings in the fall. You pay a premium for the extra nights and different itinerary.

And throw in all the FCC floating around, I bet it will be even more than the $15,000 we priced out when thinking of booking the one for July, 2021.

We did a Carnival cruise and few years ago (out of Miami) that did C & A. Enjoyed them both. Would really love to get to B. I can see people being lukewarm about Aruba. We just went to Eagle Beach, which was beautiful. What I found surprising was how "commercial" it was. The ride to the beach, every block was filled with a McDonald's, a Wendy's, Domino's, Subway, Burger King, Starbucks, etc.

Celebrity is doing a 9 or 10 night ABC out of Ft Lauderdale this summer. St Maarten and St Thomas are meh for me. We will probably stay on the ship for one of these. Haven't been to St John, so we might do that instead of staying in St Thomas. Dominica seems interesting. We did a 7 night Celebrity out of San Juan in 2018, only adults. We loved Antigua, St Kitts, and St Lucia. We had booked the DCL one this summer and loved the itinerary. I still think this one is pretty good and much more ideal for a kid than the Celebrity ones.

We were booked in a 5a (deluxe verandah (not family) on deck 9 aft) on the 9 Night SC for July 22, 2021. For 2 adults and a child, the total with insurance would have been $12,593.52 ($4500/adult, $2313/kid). We are now booked on the July 7 night WC for July 31, 2021. Same category/area (actually same exact cabin number) and people. The total, including insurance, is $9277.08 ($3255/adult, $1701/kid). Both of these were/are leaving from Port Canaveral. We did not book either of these on opening day. So, the 9 night is more expensive per night per person. The Southern Caribbean, especially summer, are kind of rare, so they can charge a bit more.

Last edited:
I went back and found our opening day quote from last year for the Southern Caribbean sailing that would have been this July. It was for 4 people in an oceanview with an OBB - $11,558

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter