• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2021 Oogie Boogie Bash Costumes

TinkerTay

... A Pirate’s Life for Me
So now that a good number of us have gotten our Oogie Boogie tickets, what types of costumes do people usually wear? I’ve never gone to a Disney Halloween party, or ANY Halloween party for many years, so I’m trying to figure out how simple, or “all out” to go. Feel free to post pics of past costumes, or any costume/makeup ideas… I’m sure I’m not the only one who could use some inspiration!

I've never attended an Oogie Boogie Bash but did go to one of the previous Halloween events in Disneyland. Seeing all the guests' costumes was one of the best parts of the evening. Some people created and wore amazingly clever and elaborate costumes. There were others who wore nothing more special than an orange sweatshirt. So it really runs the gamut. That year I went as Coraline which was fun, but I did regret walking around for hours in big rain boots which had no arch support. This year I am going to try to think of something where the footwear makes better sense :)

Lots of people go ALL out on their costumes, I've seen some AMAZING ones (one lady was the Tooth Fairy at our first party and it was GORGEOUS), all the way down to just the run of the mill store-bought variety, down to people not dressed up at all (but definitely most people are in costumes, adults and children alike).
I don't dress up myself, but this year I plan to get matching Disney/Halloween shirts for the husband and myself to wear. We are trying to lead our kids into deciding to be some sort of Disney character for Halloween this year, but that really isn't necessary, so our shirts may tie into their costumes if I can figure that out.

... That year I went as Coraline which was fun, but I did regret walking around for hours in big rain boots which had no arch support. This year I am going to try to think of something where the footwear makes better sense :)
Insoles in the rain boots make a big difference! I use sport insoles which give more support. They make my rain boots much more comfortable -- even when I wore them for MHP.

I have to say, I’m pretty excited to see the sorts of things people come up with! I’m not even really a Halloween person, but I do really love DCA at Halloween… the decor, sounds, and the FOOD! Some of my favorite treats have been during this season, haha… I do also love costumes and theatre in general, and really appreciate the work that goes into creating different looks…

The first year we went to the Halloween party, we wore Star Wars costumes and it was really hot and uncomfortable. The second time we went, we just wore fun Halloween shirts we bought from Shop Disney. It was a lot more comfortable. I haven't decided what we are going to do this year, but I'm angling more towards just Halloween shirts.

This will be our first party. DH is set on the family wearing costumes (and, honestly, so am I - very excited) but we're trying to figure out something practical-ish, so we don't overheat, get blisters, etc. It also needs to pack well as we're flying in.

I suggested we go as the aliens from Toy Story since it’s super simple: black pants or shorts, bright green shirts, three-eyes headbands. DH couldn’t get on board with that one. DD was “meh” on it too.

Comfort is number one for me so I've never done full costume. This year, I'm wearing a Sally tank top from Hot Topic. Boyfriend is doing a Jack t-shirt. My son is a teenager and "too cool" to dress up any more :snooty: lol

I'm going to dress as Alan-A-Dale from "Robin Hood." I found a Alan-A-Dale body shirt, then I'm going to wear capris (he's wearing capris too), and find a rooster comb headband. To really drive the point home about my costume, I purchased an Etsy canvas bag with a picture of a mandolin on the front. I didn't want to just carry a fake instrument around (that'd be annoying), but having it serve as my bag for the evening will make it useful as well as being part of my costume. I found a Robin Hood body shirt, I am trying to see if my husband wants to wear it. Lol.

WE'RE GONNA WRECK IT. Hubby and I are going as Vanellope Von Schweetz & Wreck It Ralph. Just ordered his brown overalls and orange tee shirt yesterday! I bought aqua colored bike shorts, brown tennis skirt and a light weight aqua zip up hoodie. I'm going to hot glue some plastic candy from the $ store onto bobby pins for my hair and I'm making a big lollipop out of a styrofoam disc with cellophane wrap to hold. No kids this trip, so will be a fun 3 day vacation for us!

Last edited:
WE'RE GONNA WRECK IT. Hubby and I are going as Vanellope Von Schweetz & Wreck It Ralph. Just ordered his brown overalls and orange tee shirt yesterday! I bought aqaua colored bike shorts, brown tennis skirt and a light weight aqaua zip up hoodie. I'm going to hot glue some plastic candy from the $ store onto bobby pins for my hair and I'm making a big lollipop out of a styrofoam disc with cellophane wrap to hold. No kids this trip, so will be a fun 3 day vacation for us!

Please post pics from your trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter