2021 NBA Bubble?

DieHardJoe

Mouseketeer
The current schedule for the NBA playoffs is May 16 to July 22. Of course that might change (be extended) depending on the extent of cancelled regular season games that have to be made up.

We currently have a reservation for 7 nights starting June 30 at BCV. One of the primary reasons for choosing that location was to have access to the pool. Assuming, for now, that the NBA returns to the Disney bubble, and the same lodging requirements are used for the teams this year as last year, the pool during the first and/or second round will be unavailable, since players would be staying at Yacht Club. Since the YC was the first location vacated in 2020 once some teams were eliminated, we are hoping that we will not be impacted.

But assuming worst case, what I was wondering was - What (if anything?) were owners that already had reservations at BCV offered as compensation for the fact the pool was unavailable and the overall DVC experience was most likely impacted by the presence of the teams? Was other lodging offered? Room upgrades? Points adjustment?

SAB wasn’t closed because NBA players were using the pool, it was just that BCV didn’t want to pay to open the pool.
As far as I know, nothing extra was offered BCV guests, just the option of using the BWV pool.

Unless it’s already blocked out, I’m not sure they would use the Yacht Club, again.

At least, with park hopping, BCV’s location is good for hopping into Epcot, again.

Remember when nobody could get a Covid test unless you were in the NBA? Well, what do you think is happening with the vaccines?

The G League is going into the Disney bubble. They are farm teams so I don’t think they will be getting deluxe resorts. I think it’s to far out to predict if the NBA will return. I don’t foresee it.

Because SAB is not part of BCV, but part of the YC/BC resorts, Disney controls its operation. I think the only compensation was that BCV owners didn’t have to pay their share via dues while it was closed.

Beach club is set to open May 30 and Yacht Club has been open for awhile. I think Port Orleans location or something that has not been open is more likely. Also, they would not have a place that is also DVC.

Beach club is set to open May 30 and Yacht Club has been open for awhile. I think Port Orleans location or something that has not been open is more likely. Also, they would not have a place that is also DVC.
They did for the NBA bubble.

Remember when nobody could get a Covid test unless you were in the NBA? Well, what do you think is happening with the vaccines?

I don’t know?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...btaining-administering-covid-19-vaccine-early
The memo comes in the wake of NBA commissioner Adam Silver recently telling reporters on a conference call the NBA would not "jump the line" when it came to the vaccine.
"It goes without saying that in no form or way will we jump the line," Silver said on a conference call with reporters on Monday. "We will wait our turn to get the vaccine. When you think about the logistical feat that now the federal and state governments are undertaking, where if every citizen ultimately requires two doses and with a population of over 300 million, it's beyond comprehension when you start to begin to think about the logistical challenges of transporting and distributing this vaccine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter