2021 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Concluded on November 20, 2021

Hard to believe it's year 5 of my spreadsheet, but here we are! Some changes for this year include denoting in blue booths that don't open until October 1 and yellow backgrounds for returning items that were missing in 2020 or 2019. Some items shifted around but look unchanged, so I tried to take note of those. There's a link on the top right side of the first (food) page for downloading the Excel version.

So excited to see the menus! I notice it says that the booths open with the park so I take that as a sign they don't plan on returning to a 9am open anytime soon (though I am more than willing to begin my F&W tour at 9am).

I'm also a little nervous about what the prices are going to be. So many of these things at least sound "higher end." Don't get me wrong... they sound delicious and my wish list is already extensive after just a quick review. But I am curious to see if the prices are in line with years past or if, like resort rates, they take a big jump. For example there's so much lobster (some not 'til Oct) and I just read last month about a lobster shortage and skyrocketing prices. I mean, probably not going to stop me :rolleyes1 but very curious to see the prices (which we typically don't see until opening day).

Hurrah for the most wonderful time of the year!

Hard to believe it's year 5 of my spreadsheet, but here we are! Some changes for this year include denoting in blue booths that don't open until October 1 and yellow backgrounds for returning items that were missing in 2020 or 2019. Some items shifted around but look unchanged, so I tried to take note of those. There's a link on the top right side of the first (food) page for downloading the Excel version.

Thank you so much for sharing these. They are really helpful! :flower3:

So excited the menus are finally out. I carefully planned my visit in Sept. to avoid the 50th crowds and wouldn't you know it, the booths I'm most interested in won't open til Oct. I would re-book but my son, his SO and their new daughter (who will be all of 5 months at the time) are going with me and he has already gotten time off. Oh well, there is always next year. I had hoped the 50th celebration would only last the month of Oct. but from what I'm reading it will probably last at least a year if not longer. I'm not waiting another year to go back so all my best laid plans have been foiled.

So excited to see the menus! I notice it says that the booths open with the park so I take that as a sign they don't plan on returning to a 9am open anytime soon (though I am more than willing to begin my F&W tour at 9am).

I'm also a little nervous about what the prices are going to be. So many of these things at least sound "higher end." Don't get me wrong... they sound delicious and my wish list is already extensive after just a quick review. But I am curious to see if the prices are in line with years past or if, like resort rates, they take a big jump. For example there's so much lobster (some not 'til Oct) and I just read last month about a lobster shortage and skyrocketing prices. I mean, probably not going to stop me :rolleyes1 but very curious to see the prices (which we typically don't see until opening day).

Hurrah for the most wonderful time of the year!
Prices on everything have gone up. There is no doubt things will be more expensive than usual. It's all Supply Chain related.

Anyone else think it looks more like the Food and Beer Festival LOL?
I've only scrolled about halfway through so far, but I see plenty of wine. I am happy to see beer and cider on the lists! I am much more likely to try some of those, but I always feel the sample sizes of all the alcohol are expensive.

Our last Disney park day is Sept 30, so I can just ignore the Oct 1 listings.

So I am guessing no special dinners in restaurants this year. I loved the one at Monsieur Paul's when we went back in 2017.

Does anyone know if "gluten/wheat friendly" means that it is gluten-free ... as in safe for those Celiac disease? I notice the phase gluten/wheat ALLERGY friendly used on other menus.

Thanks for your help.

Ohhh there's so much I want...

I am a little bummed because the Fromage Montage dishes (which my partner has been very eagerly awaiting) have a lot more things with meat - and specifically pork - in them this year than in previous years. One (scheinnknudelen) was fair enough, but this year there's 2 with pork and 1 with beef, most of which look like they have surprisingly little cheese involved. Very unpopular with these kosher-adjacent cheese lovers!

On the other hand...I want to eat everything at at least a handful of booths and at least one thing at most booths, so...balance. And bigger pants.

Does anyone know if "gluten/wheat friendly" means that it is gluten-free ... as in safe for those Celiac disease? I notice the phase gluten/wheat ALLERGY friendly used on other menus.

I have Celiac and will/do ask at every stand. You might not get a clear answer - the staff in the booths are not as consistently on top of ingredients as chefs are at QS and TS restaurants - and then you'll just have to use your judgement.

I have Celiac and will/do ask at every stand. You might not get a clear answer - the staff in the booths are not as consistently on top of ingredients as chefs are at QS and TS restaurants - and then you'll just have to use your judgement.

I think they use "friendly" as there is a chance of cross-contamination of ingredients at some locations, but yes, I'd still ask.

Ugghh...so frustrating. Nobody advertises food as mostly peanut free; I don't understand why they do for gluten. Thanks for your replies.

Does anybody know the rationale for delaying the opening of some kiosks until October 1st? Is it a staffing issue? A contractual issue? It just seems odd to me.
I think its a "get them to come back" issue. With F&W lasting so long, there's probably a burnout factor in play for locals/frequent visitors.

Ugghh...so frustrating. Nobody advertises food as mostly peanut free; I don't understand why they do for gluten. Thanks for your replies.

In a way they do. I asked at a booth at one of the festivals if it was peanut safe. She said mostly, but the whole grain rolls were outsourced and they could not guarantee their safety. Whole grain rolls often carry a risk, so this wasn't surprising.

I have found some cast members know their booths allergies more than others. But all that didn't quickly asked everyone else, then would call a manager and get an answer. Most this has ever taken me was probably 2 minutes.

Looking over the F&W menus, I've already decided I'm going to need an extra piece of luggage just to take back all the Corkcicles I'll be buying at the booths!

Does anyone know if I can just buy an empty glass and not a beverage in them???

You are my new best friend for making this! Wow! True MVP! I’ve bookmarked it and everything.:worship:

Looking over the F&W menus, I've already decided I'm going to need an extra piece of luggage just to take back all the Corkcicles I'll be buying at the booths!

Does anyone know if I can just buy an empty glass and not a beverage in them???

View attachment 587870View attachment 587871

Years past with souvenir cups, they come in plastic wrap! Hopefully these won’t be any different!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter