2021 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Concluded on November 20, 2021

Appears that I was incorrect regarding using the phrase "A taste of".

WDW has not used the phrase "A taste of the Epcot Food and Wine Festival" for the 2021 event. So possibly, we might have a Festival which more closely resembles the events prior to 2020. We can hope!!!

While I am glad it’s coming back, the ever-expanding timeframe dilutes the effect to me. Weekends are almost impossible to endure during F&W.

We're booked for 10/26-11/5 so I'm pretty excited to enjoy several days of this! We went on our last trip a couple years ago and didn't even make it halfway through what we wanted! Dedicating 2 days with a possible 3rd to Epcot this year!

While I am glad it’s coming back, the ever-expanding timeframe dilutes the effect to me. Weekends are almost impossible to endure during F&W.

I wonder what this extension will do to crowds. Will the extra month+ spread crowds out or draw in even more people?

I wonder what this extension will do to crowds. Will the extra month+ spread crowds out or draw in even more people?
I think a bit of both. As people get vaccinated, they're getting more into the traveling spirit, and Disney would be smart to look for ways to surf the building wave of people bursting out of a year in isolation, and there isn't really much of anything else new or noteworthy going on, since Disney seems to be saving any other big debuts for October (Remy, probably Harmonious) or even later (Space 220, the two new roller coasters). So there will be some new people drawn in.

But it could also spread out another key category of park-goers. The festivals draw heavy crowds among locals, who have also provided a pretty sizable chunk of attendance during the pandemic in general. So my guess is that extending the festival dates will probably result in locals coming on more days than they usually do, especially those who want to get most of their eating and drinking in before the 50th anniversary events kick off in October. (While they may want to be in the parks for anniversary events, they aren't necessarily coming in every day for a week, and may in fact want to avoid the crowds who are. The visit patterns are different.)

So in a sense, it would be spreading crowds out, taking advantage of the fact that the parks are still relying heavily on locals. But rather than drawing more of those people, it would be drawing the same people back multiple times. However, there will be a wave of tourism during the summer, too; that's where the bigger crowd draw will come in, among guests from farther off.

Just checked her website, no dates listed for Taylor Dayne at Epcot. I may be missing something but I don’t see it.

I will be so excited if the Eat to the Beat series is back. I typically don't get a seat in the theater but always enjoy the music in the general area. I'm pretty sure that Disney Food Blog posted about Taylor Dayne having been booked last year as well and that obviously didn't turn out to happen so I'm taking this with a hopeful grain of salt.

I didn’t attend but Swan and Dolphin just held a successful outdoor F&W-like event this past weekend and plan to do again in October. They lucked out with weather- not sure what plan B was as many aren’t comfortable dining indoors yet. Anyone think Disney could bring back a special event(s) this year? After hours? Heck, I’d do a pre-open event. Bring on F&W at 9am. :rotfl:Or is it just too much work for Disney given their larger scale?

I am beyond thrilled with this announcement! We only can travel in the summer months due to our careers and this is the perfect opportunity for us to experience something we thought we would have to wait until retirement for!

Saw from the other "official" thread on the Theme Parks board here a link to a Food Blog article saying Tiffany had EPCOT Eat to the Beat dates on her public calendar for the fall (adding to DFB's earlier item on Taylor Dayne listing dates on her public calendar). Cautiously optimistic. But as I said above, they both had dates booked last year and that obviously didn't happen. Still ... hopeful. If the masks optional outside rule continues that definitely enhances the F&W experience in my mind. And if F&W starts mid-July it shouldn't be too long until we hear more official details.

I think since they took off “A Taste of” F&W will be a lot closer to normal then it was last year. I remain hopeful but will keep everything crossed until Disney announces more about it, which shouldn’t be to long from now since it’s mid May now and it starts in 2 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter