2021 advice

disneyworldsk

DIS Veteran
So I guess i have to cancel 2020 and wondering what you all think of 2021 good dates that are post covid. or safer so to speak? Just don't really know how to proceed. Or just make dates and then cancel?! Or make dates into spring? Skip winter? Is there a 2021 thread?

I made 2 reservations for 2021. I have one for the spring and one for the summer. I would prefer to go in the spring but if I feel it's unsafe or not the experience I would prefer, I'll cancel and hope summer is better. As long as I cancel 30 days before, I can get my deposit back.

We do not have much choice as to when to book. Eight of our group are kids (ages 11-16) that have to be in school. We booked for early June hoping that things would be better and more of the restrictions would be lifted. The great thing about Disney is they are very helpful with changing dates or letting you cancel (within a certain time frame) and receive a refund for payments made.

You could make two reservations (both with the required deposit) and then only keep the one that works for you. Or you could make one reservation and then change the dates if things are not better closer to your reservation. Just remember that the second one relies on there being availability to change dates.

You could make two reservations (both with the required deposit) and then only keep the one that works for you. Or you could make one reservation and then change the dates if things are not better closer to your reservation. Just remember that the second one relies on there being availability to change dates.

You will only be able to reserve one set of park passes, though.

So I guess i have to cancel 2020 and wondering what you all think of 2021 good dates that are post covid. or safer so to speak? Just don't really know how to proceed. Or just make dates and then cancel?! Or make dates into spring? Skip winter? Is there a 2021 thread?
I'm still trying for the 50th - so late Sept/early Oct. Will it be safer? I think so.

There are a few 2021 threads.

I booked even though I'm not 100% convinced we'll be going on the dates we booked. Either approach the trip from an "it'll be nice to go" standpoint and don't get too hung up on if it actually happens OR book as late as you feasibly can in the hopes that you can really plan. Whatever causes you the least amount of stress/distress.

Even if the dates would be a month or more apart? If Disney thinks you are planning two separate vacations, why would you only be able to reserve one set of passes?

I made 2 reservations for 2021. I have one for the spring and one for the summer. I would prefer to go in the spring but if I feel it's unsafe or not the experience I would prefer, I'll cancel and hope summer is better. As long as I cancel 30 days before, I can get my deposit back.
We did exactly the same thing. We have reservations for April and August next year. I hope we will feel safe enough to go to one of them.

We are planning on the last week of May and the first week of June 2021. The girls are starting to look at 2022 because no characters means no trip to them. And they are starting to look at Universal where meeting characters does not matter to them. it takes me 3 years to save the 20K+ for this vacation and Gwen actually said no reason to pay for a 2nd rate experience.

We are planning on the last week of May and the first week of June 2021. The girls are starting to look at 2022 because no characters means no trip to them. And they are starting to look at Universal where meeting characters does not matter to them. it takes me 3 years to save the 20K+ for this vacation and Gwen actually said no reason to pay for a 2nd rate experience.

That's sort of where we are. We have our must-haves and if those aren't possible, we'll push off the trip to a later point in time.

That’s not true. We have a split stay 4/1-4/3 and 4/3-4/10 and I was able to make Park reservations for both, in addition to a weekend trip planned in May. No issues.

I hope we can go 🙏🏻 Since we should have been there now

That's sort of where we are. We have our must-haves and if those aren't possible, we'll push off the trip to a later point in time.
It really costs for these trip because they usally include some extras one day each at Daytona Bea, Seaworld and Universal. I am OK with waiting because I am retiring on Dec 23, 2022 with 42 years of federal service. Would ne nice to do a good vacation that year

Same for me...two reservations...two sets of park passes
That seems like a flaw in the system then. You're supposed to only be able to make park pass reservations after you've purchased a ticket. So if you're saying you can have one ticket (say, a 5-day ticket) but essentially apply it to multiple trips as long as you have multiple resort stays, that seems like an error. I would assume Disney would fix that if they become aware of it.

That seems like a flaw in the system then. You're supposed to only be able to make park pass reservations after you've purchased a ticket. So if you're saying you can have one ticket (say, a 5-day ticket) but essentially apply it to multiple trips as long as you have multiple resort stays, that seems like an error. I would assume Disney would fix that if they become aware of it.
Unless you have a package and have tickets tied to each hotel stay within a packaged. I figured that’s what she meant

We have two for 2021.One for summer one for fall. Park passes on both. There is wishy washiness in the system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter