2020 Watch??

The magic is also missing a couple of weeks between the 5-night European cruise ending on September 18 and the WBTA on October 2.
I have read that there is a dry dock planned at the end of September in Brest France.

Why are there so many short cruises?!?!?! There are not even very many ho hum 7 night ones. Fantasy doing 4 nights still through October? 4 and 6 nights from Galveston?

We did not even care where we were going, but was going to be 7 night. I am not sure there is one in the month of October, and that is a problem.

SO, am I missing all of the October/Halloween cruises on the Fantasy somehow... or are there none!? Looking for 7 night....

SO, am I missing all of the October/Halloween cruises on the Fantasy somehow... or are there none!? Looking for 7 night....

Nope, she is doing shorter cruises then for some reason...

the only cruise I'm personally considering is the 12/12 at this point. We've been enjoying the longer cruises lately also.

Ok, well I'm out. All this wait for nothing, time to cancel my placeholder.

What a disappointment :crazy2:

We have to be on board by the 4th Oct for out on board booking bonus'. Did have Hawaii booked but had to give it up as we cant afford it (damn wanting a Disney wedding) so we were going to stay at Disney for a week and changed to the 7 night Eastern in Sept but Disney prices are too high and we prefer Oct. Was hoping the 4th Oct would be an eastern but looks like it's not available so now kinda stuck on what to do. Have a few options. One of them being cancelling WDW and going to Disneyland and Universal Hollywood (which we've never been to) and getting the Baja 5 night which has the bonus of having Tianas Palace but....I just dont know. I'm so disappointed

Has anyone cruised on Thanksgiving? Anything special? activities? meals? costumes? I am also finding the release pretty disappointing but my kids have been begging to get back on the Fantasy or Dream. I'm thinking of flying to Orlando on Saturday, Sunday Christmas party at Magic Kingdom, Monday leave on 4 night cruise which ends the day after Thanksgiving and then maybe one resort day or Universal day after the cruise before flying home. The only other cruise that remotely works is New Years on the Fantasy - which is one of my all time favorite ways to ring in the New Year - and I've never been to Tortola - BUT I would have to fly on Christmas Day and last time I did that it made for a pretty stressful time of year.

No Canada? I was so hoping that they would bring back Quebec City and Saguenay so I could help you guys with your Canada cruise again. :guilty:

It appears the Quebec experiment didn't pay off for DCL. It's so odd, though. Lots of other cruise lines make that same basic journey, but for whatever reason DCL had a difficult time selling those cruises. Heck, there is only one Canadian sailing in this release, period. We have absolutely loved both of our Canadian/New England cruises. There are so many interesting and beautiful ports to explore. (not to mention so many lobster rolls and oysters to sample!! :goodvibes) I'd love to take another one sometime, and no doubt we will - though it appears doubtful it will be on DCL.

Adding to that, as others have noted, there are no Bahamas sailings out of NYC with a stop in Port Canaveral. That one seems really odd. I thought those were pretty popular :confused3. We've always wanted to do one of them, but the timing hasn't worked out for us up to this point. Oh well. The Magic is going to have a pretty short stint in NYC next year. Shame. Bermuda doesn't really interest me. If I wanted to go spend several days just in Bermuda, I'd fly there and stay in a hotel, not take a cruise. To each their own though!

I'm just disappointed in the small number of NYC departures. Hopefully it's because of the late arrival from Europe next year (it's coming back a couple of weeks later than usual), and isn't an indication of plans for NYC in the future.

I wonder how this will effect Virgin Voyages as I'm pretty sure the majority of their itineraries included cuba

They said they are searching for something to replace Cuba but they are disappoint. I'm sure since they don't sail till spring at the earliest they won't have an issue find something since it's gears to adult taste.

With the Dream being in dry dock for October, any thoughts on whether prices for 3/4 day Fantasy will be significantly more, or be in line with last year's 3/4 day Dream (during that same timeframe)?

With the Dream being in dry dock for October, any thoughts on whether prices for 3/4 day Fantasy will be significantly more, or be in line with last year's 3/4 day Dream (during that same timeframe)?

Anybody's guess at this time. Knowing Disney, less cruises higher price - We should know Monday once platinum guests can start booking.

Has anyone cruised on Thanksgiving? Anything special? activities? meals? costumes? I am also finding the release pretty disappointing but my kids have been begging to get back on the Fantasy or Dream. I'm thinking of flying to Orlando on Saturday, Sunday Christmas party at Magic Kingdom, Monday leave on 4 night cruise which ends the day after Thanksgiving and then maybe one resort day or Universal day after the cruise before flying home. The only other cruise that remotely works is New Years on the Fantasy - which is one of my all time favorite ways to ring in the New Year - and I've never been to Tortola - BUT I would have to fly on Christmas Day and last time I did that it made for a pretty stressful time of year.

We cruised Thanksgiving last year, it's a Very Merrytime Cruise as well so it will be decorated for Christmas. They offer a traditional Turkey dinner on Thanksgiving,& special Meet and Greet outfits with Characters. It is generally more expensive than the other Merrytime cruises because it's a holiday week though, and a busier boat IMO.
Here's a link on the disney page about it: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/thanksgiving-at-sea/

Well the wait was for nothing, the WBTA is too late for me. I don't want to take a chance on the seas being rough in October. We may look at the Canada one with a Fall Colors road trip before it.

What about Mayans? Sorry, couldn't resist. :laughing:

OMG this so made my morning! See this is what comes from typing quickly :D

That's a relief. I was wondering when I saw that everyday of the TA was listed as a sea day. I wonder they will really get to NFLD this time. I was on the last two TAs the EBTA 2015 and WBTA, 2017 that was supposed to go there. Both ended up being cancelled for different reasons.

I was on the WBTA 2017 too. I hope it does get there this time.

I have read that there is a dry dock planned at the end of September in Brest France.

Ohh interesting. I wonder what they will be sorrting out during that time.

Well the wait was for nothing, the WBTA is too late for me. I don't want to take a chance on the seas being rough in October. We may look at the Canada one with a Fall Colors road trip before it.

Hadn't thought about that. hmmmmm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter