2020 Watch??

Shall we guess what the 'surprise' high demand itinerary will be? More Hawaii or maybe Greece? Any other ideas?
(Lol, I'm bored waiting for itineraries to come out...)

Those are the 2 places that came to mind for me, too. Greece would make me reconsider my plans to go back to N. Europe, but then I think the Med is so hot in the summer. Guess it would depend on the itinerary.

I also think they may try to dock in Greenland on a TA in the future (other lines do that all the time).

I also think they may try to dock in Greenland on a TA in the future (other lines do that all the time).
I saw they put that on their surveys. That would make the TA more appealing to me if they went there. I'd love for them to go to some unique places.

Do the summer itineraries change much from year to year? The 2019 10 night Baltic cruise is the exact one we want but were not ready/able to book the cruise. It would be a big let down to wait this long and be disappointed in the itinerary. Fingers crossed it is the same.

Do the summer itineraries change much from year to year? The 2019 10 night Baltic cruise is the exact one we want but were not ready/able to book the cruise. It would be a big let down to wait this long and be disappointed in the itinerary. Fingers crossed it is the same.

Every couple of years they seem to switch up the Med and Northern Europe cruises in terms of where they are in the summer so that people are not stuck with one general location because of their school schedule. As someone tho has ZERO interest in going anywhere near Russia, I appreciate that there are some years they have the Med in the middle or latter part of the summer season.

It will likely be a very similar itinerary, but may be offered at a different time. I think it'll still be in the July/early August timeframe though.

So hoping for a mid-July to Aug 1 Norway/Iceland cruise -- so we will be back in time for college band practice!!

It will likely be a very similar itinerary, but may be offered at a different time. I think it'll still be in the July/early August timeframe though.

I agree. It sounds like this would be late July or early August for 2020.

So hoping for a mid-July to Aug 1 Norway/Iceland cruise -- so we will be back in time for college band practice!!

Way upthread someone posted a port schedule showing the Magic will be in Kirkwall late August, on its way from Reykjavik to Dover. So I would be surprised if you will get your wish. We did that cruise in 2018 and it left CPH on the 16th. Sounds like this one will be a few days later, because IIRC the Scotland date was the 26th or 28th. I guess we will find out soon, in any case. I hope you can book this one - it was amazing.

Every couple of years they seem to switch up the Med and Northern Europe cruises in terms of where they are in the summer so that people are not stuck with one general location because of their school schedule. As someone tho has ZERO interest in going anywhere near Russia, I appreciate that there are some years they have the Med in the middle or latter part of the summer season.

I understand what you're saying, even if I do want to go to Russia. But IMHO the Med in late July / early August is pretty unbearable in terms of touring. I know some people don't mind heat, but it can get pretty brutal that time of year. I'm assuming (could be wrong) that that plays into the past few years where the Magic has headed north in the middle of summer.

I want to enjoy a cruise in the summer without the heat for a change. Really hope to book a Norway cruise for 2020 as well. Getting anxious as the week goes by.

So I have a placeholder. I've never booked with one before. So if a cruise is announced I want, I just call and give the placeholder info? Do I have to pay any additional or no because the $250 is considered the deposit? Sorry for the basic question.

Does anyone know about the time of day when DCL has released itineraries?

I'm not doing Europe but hoping for something more interesting for the Dream. Though, I would be pretty into having Hawaii in late summer/September :D

So I have a placeholder. I've never booked with one before. So if a cruise is announced I want, I just call and give the placeholder info? Do I have to pay any additional or no because the $250 is considered the deposit? Sorry for the basic question.

When you make a deposit when booking a cruise, I believe you have to for pay 10% of the total cost of the cruise. Since you've already paid for $250 of it, they subtract that amount from however much the 10% is. I hope that makes sense.

So waiting patiently to see where a WBTA might be going from. It would be nice to think it would be included in the next release but I know it wont. Still it might at least give us a date and start point. Very exciting day if it does happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter