2020 rates aren't even out and I'm driving myself crazy deciding on which moderate resort already.

LovePug

DIS Veteran
I've been looking at this year's Thanksgiving week rate and trying to base a tentative decision, based on those prices, for next year. We drive, so transportation isn't really a consideration. Price IS a consideration as well as easy access to the parking lot while being close to the food court, due to a disabled person with us. Our original choice had been CBR, but it looks like that might be more expensive than it used to be (likely due to the gondolas). POR preferred room and CSR look intriguing to me.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

The 2020 rates should be available in a month...…..not sure they'll go all the way to Thanksgiving but...:P

I'm looking for a Feb 2020 trip to Yacht Club......already have my deposit ready to go o_O:-):D

Doug :goofy:

POR or POFQ, all day errrry day. POR if you like big and sprawling and peaceful. POFQ if you want smaller and a bit more buzzy..

Both are a hop, skip, and ferry ride down to Disney Springs, which is a BIG plus for us..

If price is a consideration choose a POFQ standard room. I’d be looking at preferred rooms at any of the other moderates due to their size.

We were in building 1 at POFQ which is the farthest from the main build but still literally 5 minutes at most from the food court. We could see our car from the room from one window and the river from the other, we had a corner room.

I wouldn't argue with the POFQ recommendations at all... but will throw in that a preferred room at CSR may also be an enjoyable option.... especially if discounts end up being available at CSR that aren't available at POFQ. There is also the Grand Destino tower opening at CSR this summer- a room there could mean that everything you need would be in one building.

I would go with POR or POFQ. We've stayed at all the mods, and CBR was our absolute least favorite. POFQ is small, so if you are looking for proximity to the parking lot and food court, that would probably be the best choice.

I would go with POR or POFQ. We've stayed at all the mods, and CBR was our absolute least favorite. POFQ is small, so if you are looking for proximity to the parking lot and food court, that would probably be the best choice.

I think it sounds perfect. I think I will book POFQ...at least initially. If discounts come out that outweigh the pros of this resort, I will look at it again at that time.
Thanks, everyone, for your help!

Last edited:
For those waiting to book, online booking isn’t available and rates aren’t out but you can call and book your room already for over a year out.

We have Spring Break the 2nd week of March (along with half of Texas), so we have our rooms set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter