2020 International Flower and Garden Dates!

How early do the topiaires usually get put up?
Are some usually installed a few days / weeks before the beginning of the festival?
We will be there Feb 26 and would love to get to see some of them... probably too early right?

Some may be up that early but not in bloom, and they also sometimes put up tarps and fences to block the views of some parts until actually "opening day" of F&G. I've gone in early to mid February twice and both times some of the topiary trellises have been up, with some blocked off from view.

Will there be an "official thread" on these boards like there is for Food and Wine, announcing the special events, food booth menus, and concerts? Or do I just need to keep following this one?

Our trip starts on the 31st May with our first full day 1 June. Will it be too busy on either of those days to attend?! Alternatively, will some of the topiaries stay up that week?

Our trip starts on the 31st May with our first full day 1 June. Will it be too busy on either of those days to attend?! Alternatively, will some of the topiaries stay up that week?

My one time at F&G was on the last day a few years ago and literally the only thing you miss by going then are the events, especially if it falls on a weekday.

Don’t compare it to F&W. It does not draw those kinds of crowds.

How early do the topiaires usually get put up?
Are some usually installed a few days / weeks before the beginning of the festival?
We will be there Feb 26 and would love to get to see some of them... probably too early right?
We've gone during President's day week multiple times and you will see some of the flowers/topiaries--as the week progresses, more things get put up, but the flowers are not in full bloom. They will NOT have the main topiaries up until the start of the festival, but you should be able to see some of the smaller ones in the countries.

Epcot: 2/23/17

We've gone during President's day week multiple times and you will see some of the flowers/topiaries--as the week progresses, more things get put up, but the flowers are not in full bloom. They will NOT have the main topiaries up until the start of the festival, but you should be able to see some of the smaller ones in the countries.

Epcot: 2/23/17
View attachment 440599

View attachment 440601

Thank you so much for sharing!
It makes me really happy!

DH and I will be going to Flower and Garden festival in April! DD15 will be on a school trip to Japan, and DD19 is at college. Looking forward to a trip by ourselves! I hope they'll have nightly concerts like this past year vs. just weekends. I enjoy the Flower/Garden booths more than the Food/Wine--the foods seem healthier. DD15 will miss the 'Frushi' though, it was her favorite thing to eat at the flower/garden booths. My family really enjoyed the tea tour in the UK pavillion when we did flower/garden festival in April 2018--a tour of the tea plants and then scones/butter/tea outside the Rose and Crown pub at the end. I'll have to check with DH to see if he's interested in doing it again...

First time F&G for us didn't plan it it but our Easter trip 11April is a change from our usual Oct visit. Looking forward to seeing it. :flower1:

Super excited! I’ve done all the other festivals except for this one. So far festival of the arts has been my favourite and I was considering doing my 2020 trip earlier to hit that one again, but I booked end of March instead to give this a try.

Has anyone been to all of the festivals? How do you feel this one ranks?

The Orchestra
Friday 6th March – Monday 9th March 2020 – Garden Rocks Concert Series, Epcot, FLA, USA

Wow! I thought we would miss it during our first week of March trip- Is Opening Day as crazy as F&W opening is (except this year as it coincided with GE!)? The morning or afternoon of Opening Day would fit best into our plans-

I was there for the first day last year and didn't find it particularly busy, except for the super long line for the orange bird souvenir cup. I haven't been for the first day of F&W so can't compare, but my guess is you'll be fine especially since it's a Wednesday.

Super excited! I’ve done all the other festivals except for this one. So far festival of the arts has been my favourite and I was considering doing my 2020 trip earlier to hit that one again, but I booked end of March instead to give this a try.

Have only done F&W and Flower and Garden. Flower and Garden is very nice with great topiaries, but ranks well below F&W. No where near the same type of event. But also, no where near the crowds.

Have only done F&W and Flower and Garden. Flower and Garden is very nice with great topiaries, but ranks well below F&W. No where near the same type of event. But also, no where near the crowds.

I haven't done flower/garden yet - that said, I must be nuts because we just aren't all that impressed with food/wine and we've been 3 times (we like October). Pricey booze, okay food.

At least flower/garden will have...flowers and gardens. :)

I haven't done flower/garden yet - that said, I must be nuts because we just aren't all that impressed with food/wine and we've been 3 times (we like October). Pricey booze, okay food.

At least flower/garden will have...flowers and gardens. :)
Its the extra food and wine parings that are amazing. Some of the tasting seminars and food seminars as well. Thats what makes it special for us.

I've been to all of them, and F&G is my favorite. I think EPCOT is at its most beautiful during F&G and I think it is a good "mid point" between F&W (too crowded, too many people drinking a bit too much, and not really any extras to look at) and FotA. There is less independent merch than at FotA, but more food booths and more to see as far as the park itself is concerned.

As they add to FotA, I think it may catch F&G for me, but not yet. lol

My wife and I will be attending this year for the first time. She's a recently retired teacher and we could never line up any travel during the regular school year to attend in the past. We will be at WDW for a week where our focus will be on enjoying as many of the events and special activities that the F&G have to offer as well as just take it easy and enjoy the ambience of the park at this time of year. I saw an earlier post asking where the Official F&G thread was, but didn't see any replies. Is there one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter