2020 DVC Reservation-No Tickets

Anxiously waiting to modify the 2-day tickets I already have (and made park reservations for) to 4-day tickets for my upcoming stay at AKV in September... Patience is a virtue, right? :)

I think your in the wrong place 😐 I have a room reservation and No Tickets, hence the title of my post.
Anxiously waiting to modify the 2-day tickets I already have (and made park reservations for) to 4-day tickets for my upcoming stay at AKV in September... Patience is a virtue, right? :)

I am here MilwaukeeMom, in your boat taking my turn with the oar. We are planning on coming over Halloween and that next week. We will have a Fire Stick and binge watch Ozark and occasionally watch Stacy tour the parks....better than wearing a mask here. We will of course have our masks on the ready. PotC, Fairy Godmother, Jedia Master and me--Moana themed masks. Hopefully we will be able to eat at Disney Springs and maybe cook int he 2 bedroom Villa I have. This may lead to more drinking of Kahlua on my part than in previous trips. My DH is excited becasue he will be able to sleep through the vacation...his dream trip...on a kingsize bed...with no guilt about doing a park or having a FP+. We are also driving this trip which makes me happy. MIL does not want to fly there. So we will be able to purchase goodies before arrival with ease. This is what I keep telling myself....over and over....it will be awesome...you will be in Disney.:o:guilty::sad:

I hope we can make park reservations concurrently with the purchase of the tickets. I want to get a 10-day ticket, but if I can't make park reservations for each day, I might cut it down...

I hope we can make park reservations concurrently with the purchase of the tickets. I want to get a 10-day ticket, but if I can't make park reservations for each day, I might cut it down...

Once you buy tickets and they are in your MDE, you can book your park reservations. I booked a package for February around 9:00 in the morning through my TA, and booked our park days about an hour later when I had a chance to link my confirmation number with my MDE account.

Once you buy tickets and they are in your MDE, you can book your park reservations. I booked a package for February around 9:00 in the morning through my TA, and booked our park days about an hour later when I had a chance to link my confirmation number with my MDE account.

OK, I thought for the 2021 people, they were doing reservations and park tickets concurrently. So that if you couldn't get reservations for all the days of the planned ticket-buying, you could reduce the days?

OK, I thought for the 2021 people, they were doing reservations and park tickets concurrently. So that if you couldn't get reservations for all the days of the planned ticket-buying, you could reduce the days?

That's possible if you made them over the phone with Disney. My reservations were booked online by my TA, and then when i got home from an errand I plugged my confirmation # in MDE and made my park reservations. But TBH there was ZERO issue with availability in 2021. I checked the availability calendar this morning and all of the 2021 dates that are bookable, are available for park reservations.

With so limited resorts open I have to think they have room for every DVC and Hotel guest at WDW to have park entry. I said this probably 2 months ago that they could stick with Deluxe + DVC and be around like 15% capacity I think it was?

Hoping this is the case that Disney doesn't say it simply to cover themselves but is planning for it.

I found it (8-16% capacity)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...l-be-open-by-september.3800263/#post-61825453

Last edited:
No one can add a 2020 package, even cash guests.

Other than DVC resort bookings, everything for 2020 is shut down for sales...tickets, APs and cash resort bookings

So are DVC guests with existing reservations in 2020 confirmed as being able to buy 2020 tickets?

Not as of 7/1

Thanks. My aunt who owns DVC and has a stay in November told my family they were buying tickets for them today. I have told them multiple times that I don’t think that is possible, but I wanted to make sure I haven’t missed anything.

Thanks. My aunt who owns DVC and has a stay in November told my family they were buying tickets for them today. I have told them multiple times that I don’t think that is possible, but I wanted to make sure I haven’t missed anything.

I have not seen or read about anyone selling 2020 tickets yet...I’ve been checking 3rd party sellers too!

Other than some local AAA offices selling APs still, nothing for 2020.

Now, I did post that people seem to now be able to change a ticket, but don’t know if it applies to 2020 or 2021. The one eligible on my account is now an extended one, but didn’t want to play around since it is already set up with one of my guests for parks.

I have not seen or read about anyone selling 2020 tickets yet...I’ve been checking 3rd party sellers too!

Other than some local AAA offices selling APs still, nothing for 2020.

Now, I did post that people seem to now be able to change a ticket, but don’t know if it applies to 2020 or 2021. The one eligible on my account is now an extended one, but didn’t want to play around since it is already set up with one of my guests for parks.

I have comp tickets and I’m desperate to be there on the 11th. But I can’t decide if it’s worth trying to use them, since we both have APs. I think there is at least a chance we’ll get a chance to book day of availability on the 11th. So I’d hate to use our 2 free tickets we’d usually give to guests just to get us in 1 day. But if that’s what it takes that’s what we’ll do.

Still waiting on when we'll hear about 2020 tickets. I mean, I get it, they want to make sure everyone who has tickets has an opportunity to make their reservations. And maybe that's because the trips are "far away" enough that people don't know what reservations to make.

BUT.

Because we're talking about the rest of 2020, that means people are planning for trips that are within 6 months from now. That's not an unreasonable amount of time to consider what parks you'd like to visit if you're planning on going. In fact, I'm sure this is still hurting those who have tickets for some, but not all, of their party for 2020. They don't want to make the reservations until they know everyone in their group can go together.

And people who have tickets have had 12 days (10 for AP holders) to use the online reservation system. They've had more time than that to make the plan for what parks they want to go to. So if the only reason to hold out on letting people buy 2020 tickets is to give those groups the first crack at reservations... they already did give them time, so I don't buy that reason anymore.

Still waiting on when we'll hear about 2020 tickets. I mean, I get it, they want to make sure everyone who has tickets has an opportunity to make their reservations. And maybe that's because the trips are "far away" enough that people don't know what reservations to make.

BUT.

Because we're talking about the rest of 2020, that means people are planning for trips that are within 6 months from now. That's not an unreasonable amount of time to consider what parks you'd like to visit if you're planning on going. In fact, I'm sure this is still hurting those who have tickets for some, but not all, of their party for 2020. They don't want to make the reservations until they know everyone in their group can go together.

And people who have tickets have had 12 days (10 for AP holders) to use the online reservation system. They've had more time than that to make the plan for what parks they want to go to. So if the only reason to hold out on letting people buy 2020 tickets is to give those groups the first crack at reservations... they already did give them time, so I don't buy that reason anymore.

Off site guests with tickets have had since the 28th, so 5 days. Rumor is that tickets should come available around the 11th of July.

They have never indicated capacity so with the new situation in Florida, you wonder if they are adjusting for at least summer?

i also read that it is being speculated that those with onsite trips booked, including DVC may be given a few days to buy first. Again, only rumor but it would be a good thing to do.

Had a potential catastrophe with tickets today! I had 7 day tickets bought in Dec as park hopper, had reservation for DVC points rented for June, cancelled due to covid and rescheduled early Aug. Just booked park reservations. I asked 3rd party for WDW tickets for refund for park hopper portion of tickets, instead they cancelled the tickets on me today!!! Several hours later - they tried to reinstate, I tried to reinstate....got reinstated, but while on the phone with a CM from Resorts due to an incorrect transfer, the CM from resorts wouldn't say WHEN the tickets for 2020 would be back up for sale, but did say those with reservations for onsite will be able to buy tickets from Disney sooner than later, which may confirm the 7/11 rumor. She wouldn't commit to the date but did say 7/11 is probably a great thought and check back regularly. So those with ressies and no tickets, those short on ticket days, etc. this may be helpful.
In my case, it was resolved by a kind ticket agent and a very hard working 3rd party who found a solution for us and I'm very, very grateful!!!

Three out of 11 in our group have APs. Two are under 3 and the remaining 6 need tickets... but they are Military and wanting to get Military Salute tickets. Our trip isn’t until December 5-13, but if all tickets go on sale at the same time, I’m worried they won’t be able to get their tickets very quickly (assuming MS begins at the same time).

I have 2 spare 7-day tickets I could loan them... and I could buy 4 more tickets to loan them... but that’s a lot of money. Guess I could just watch and see if our dates start filling up before they can get theirs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter