2019 Restrictions Not Worth Considering When Buying Resale

Would such an upgrade even be legal? I know BVTC and DVCM can restrict 'resale' people from having access to Riviera, but that might only be legal if they also require Riviera resale owners to not have access 'outside.' Can they just sell 'Access?' And, if they sell access into outside resorts to Riviera resale owners, for a 'fee,' couldn't/wouldn't they also sell access to Riviera, for an upgraded fee, to L 14 resale owners?
I’m pretty sure it is. I believe it was mentioned by @Dean as something done by other timeshares, so maybe he can elaborate. Hopefully I’m not misremembering the member who mentioned it.

Would such an upgrade even be legal? I know BVTC and DVCM can restrict 'resale' people from having access to Riviera, but that might only be legal if they also require Riviera resale owners to not have access 'outside.' Can they just sell 'Access?' And, if they sell access into outside resorts to Riviera resale owners, for a 'fee,' couldn't/wouldn't they also sell access to Riviera, for an upgraded fee, to L 14 resale owners?

It's more or less what they do when they get points back via ROFR, foreclosure etc. Those points were already sold and are "used" but they'll repackage and resell as brand new direct points with all benefits and trading.

It would depend in part of the wording of the POS but my first though is it would be. Worst case scenario is they swap out points, make them qualified then resale the old points as qualified just like the POS for the current resorts allows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter