2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Congratulations to everyone who ran this weekend!!

I'm looking at my race photos and there is another person showing up under my race number, but it's because her bib is bent and the 9 looks like a 0. Whatever. Anyway, why did some people have purple bibs when the rest of us had teal? (For the Challenge.)

Last edited:
Congratulations to everyone who ran! I am also still missing a majority of my pictures from the half, all I have is my finish line shots and one from running through Epcot. Hopefully they will show up later today!

Congratulations to everyone who rants weekend!!

I'm looking at my race photos and there is another person showing up under my race number, but it's because her bib is bent and the 9 looks like a 0. Whatever. Anyway, why did some people have purple bibs when the rest of us had teal? (For the Challenge.)
I noticed a purple bib in a Facebook post from RunDisney ‘s account and it said perfect

Those that have gotten their race photos what was the format to link them? When I get my daughters and my pics I will post the pictures of our King Stefan and Aurora costumes

I’m afraid if losing it if I take. Then wouldn’t be able to get on the plane to come home. I’m just wondering if I need it for any reason as I would like to leave it behind if I can

You can fly domestically without ID. Just gotta go early and expect to have a chat with TSA until they are convinced you are you.

I carry ID and, usually, insurance card just in case my race ends in an ER.

Awesome. And she was the true winner, too.

Or you can be 51 like me and never need an ID

I’m 49 and am still carded. If you’re carded, even randomly, and you don’t have it, you’re not getting that drink.

I noticed a purple bib in a Facebook post from RunDisney ‘s account and it said perfect

So it’s for the Perfect Princesses that have done all the Princess Halfs? Sounds right.

Last edited:
My first half is in the books. I met my personal goal of never seeing the balloon ladies! :) We flew home this morning, and I'm only a little sore. I was so grateful for the cloudy skies on Saturday morning! I didn't see the massage tent either? I took cash, but didn't use any of it after the race. Loved seeing all the costumes and loved the expo. We didn't get to the expo until Saturday morning, so the only thing I bought was an ornament. I really wanted a mickey ears 13.1 magnet, but those were gone. I also really liked the purple 1/2 marathon pullover and all they had left was 4x, so I guess I saved myself some money by not flying in until Friday.

Just want to say thanks to everyone that has answered all my questions and given advice in this forum. Disney fans are the best!

Congratulations to everyone who ran! I am also still missing a majority of my pictures from the half, all I have is my finish line shots and one from running through Epcot. Hopefully they will show up later today!
My pictures have been appearing in batches since Sunday afternoon, with quite a few more this morning. Still none of the character photos, though.
Congratulations to all participants! It was a lot of fun and definitely unlike any other run I have done. Also, a big thank you to any volunteers on these boards and everyone who posted answers to all the questions from us first timers.

Those that have gotten their race photos what was the format to link them? When I get my daughters and my pics I will post the pictures of our King Stefan and Aurora costumes
I wasn’t able to link directly. I just downloaded mine through MDE then uploaded them.

Here’s my fam during the 10k

7716B10C-8522-407E-9256-1D198623F263.jpeg

My son and I during the half. Boy was it humid.
5E3208F7-C89A-4F2C-BDF3-1FB0DB714328.jpeg
And a shot my wife took of our medals
A1C5193B-B3E4-4E24-B269-A20EC88628EB.jpeg

We’re on the plane headed home now. The weather was great today, which always makes it harder to leave orlando.

This weekend was tons of fun! My wife has been doing various runD runs for a few years now but it was my first time doing one with her. We did the Challenge and had a blast.

I'm a sucker for fireworks and the ones they were shooting off in the MK parking lot area definitely kept me entertained through that long World Drive / MK Parking Lot stretch for the Half. If I understand correctly that was new this year? Not sure if I would have liked it as a Poly or GF guest trying to get some sleep, but as a runner, I thought it was great!

I can see how these can get a little addicting. I'd be lying if I said I didn't peak at the Star Wars website last night to see if it was sold out...

Anyway, I mostly lurked on this thread but many thanks to everyone who contributed! I definitely learned a lot here.

Congratulations runners!

Nope! How do I do that? I spoke to a girl on the bus yesterday and she told me we would receive an email with them. Obviously, I’m clueless! Lol
I did it on the APP. Scroll to the bottom of the home page, link photos & something like enter number. Then use the codes here...
042918A6-74AB-4DBE-BF0D-06AE76A3E546.png

@IamTrike those outfits are all amazing. Did your son get tired holding the candles?

'm a sucker for fireworks and the ones they were shooting off in the MK parking lot area definitely kept me entertained through that long World Drive / MK Parking Lot stretch for the Half. If I understand correctly that was new this year?
So, they shot off fireworks seperate from the start ones? That's cool, I hadn't heard about this. So as you were running you could see them ahead of you?

So, they shot off fireworks seperate from the start ones? That's cool, I hadn't heard about this. So as you were running you could see them ahead of you?

Yes, separate from the start fireworks. The launch point was from the grassy area which was once the WDW speedway on the edge of the MK parking lot. You could pretty much see them most of the run north on World Drive toward the MK and as you weave through the parking lot. Also very visible as you leave MK and head back on that road by Poly and GF towards World Drive southbound. They were shooting off a single shot once every 30-60 seconds or so. It was seemingly random.

It was definitely a better visual when still dark, less so as the sun got higher.

But watching the launch site kept me entertained for several minutes coming and going, and for that I was thankful! It was kinda cool to be close to it.

Yes, separate from the start fireworks. The launch point was from the grassy area which was once the WDW speedway on the edge of the MK parking lot. You could pretty much see them most of the run north on World Drive toward the MK and as you weave through the parking lot. Also very visible as you leave MK and head back on that road by Poly and GF towards World Drive southbound. They were shooting off a single shot once every 30-60 seconds or so. It was seemingly random.

It was definitely a better visual when still dark, less so as the sun got higher.

But watching the launch site kept me entertained for several minutes coming and going, and for that I was thankful! It was kinda cool to be close to it.

Yes, our neighbors in the villas at Wilderness Lodge mentioned that they were awakened by them. I would imagine the Poly people and GF people were not so happy to hear them either. It was almost daylight by the time we reached there, so the effect was just smoke going up. Not as thrilling as I'm sure it was for the people in corrals A-D probably.

I did it on the APP. Scroll to the bottom of the home page, link photos & something like enter number. Then use the codes here...
View attachment 384843
Thank you so much! I missed this linking memo somewhere. I have pics now!

Thank you so much! I missed this linking memo somewhere. I have pics now!
It's on the back of the bibs! Only reason I remembered how to do it!!

I did the challenge and oh my goodness am I sore!! My knee really hurts and so do my shins! I like running trails, so all this flat pavement is a killer. Add in more pavement and standing around in the Parks and OUCH!!!

I said W&D 2 years ago would be my one and only half, yet this was my 3rd! With a 10k the day before!! And I'm signed up for a 14 mile trail race in August! The running eats your brain cells...

Had a tough time getting home, but at least we made it!! Super dangerous wind gusts caused all flights to he cancelled yesterday- ours was ok for this morning, but we ended up not being able to land!! The crosswinds were too much. Had to reroute to another airport, wait there ON the plane, tgen try again about 2 hours later. Ugh. But we made it!!

I still haven’t seen my kids’ pics. More and more of my own from the half keep showing up but no kids yet...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter