2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Hope this worked. Still quite a few things to go. But my daughter and I are going to have another blast. Do y'all think they would let me run as a balloon lady? :rotfl2:

View attachment 382440

This is amazing! I love it! We're not going totally full out. We just have sparkle skirts and tank tops and she's making the white thing that goes down around the shoulders. Simple, but hopefully effective.

I like all the music suggestions so far. I also like "Touch the Sky" from Brave and "One Jump Ahead" from Aladdin, "Immortals and Top of the World" from Big Hero 6, "Little Wonders" from Meet the Robinsons. And "When Can I see you again" from Wreck it Ralph.

My generic runDisney playlist also has some of the songs from the Soarin queue like themes from the Rocketeer and the Last Starfighter, as well as the theme from "Father of the Bride" )which I always thought was an odd choice for that ride's queue.

Great suggestions!

I looked back at the merchandise previews from Marathon Weekend 2019 and Wine and Dine 2018. The marathon weekend preview was 5 days before the expo, and Wine and Dine was 6 days before. Both were posted on a Friday, so hopefully tomorrow will be our lucky day!

Fingers crossed!

Hi guys, I just got my email from Disney saying the busses to the races start at 3:00 am.....Seriously??? Do you realllly need to be there that early? I know they say for the 5K starts at 5:30am...but that's for the fast people...for the rest of us slobs is that truly necessary? TIA for anyone who's done this before! I have done lots of races and do like to be there in time to get into the mood etc...but this seems excessive!

I don't catch the three am but you can't wait much later than that. It is all about the logistics and road closures, and pure number of bodies. I think, in the past I have gotten on the bus about 3:30 am. They start moving folks to the corrals about an hour before the race and it is a twenty minute walk....sounds crazy but unless you get a bus driver that doesn't know where they are going (and that has happened to me), you will appreciate the timing.

At least the long wait before the race doesn’t look like it will be in the cold. Forecast is definitely looking warm (what would be considered hot for this Midwesterner) for the whole weekend. Still time for it to change, but I’m not expecting it and am mentally preparing for a warm, humid race. Temps in the 80s are going to be a massive shock to my system.

And come on, merch preview! We’re all waiting anxiously over here!

This is from Marathon Weekend 2017. The setup is likely to be nearly identical. Ignore all mentions of meet-ups as that was specific to MW 2017.

View attachment 382429

The first buses are at 3:00am. When I tend to get on the first bus, I tend to arrive around 3:35-3:45am to EPCOT (OKW and AKL most recent hotel stays). The Pink arrows represent the walk from the bus drop-off to the place where the crowds are held (orange X) until sometime around 4:15am (sometime slightly earlier and sometime slightly later). Here's a pic of the holding area:

View attachment 382430

Youtube link:

There are a plethora of portas in that area. Then the black arrow on the map above represents the "walk to the corrals" which takes another 10-15 minutes from the holding area (so much longer than that arrow). There is another smaller set of portas outside the actual corrals.

If you walk with the crowd when the corral walk is released (around 4:15am), then use the portas outside the corrals, then walk into Corral C, then you should likely be able to get to the front of the corral. For those in Corral F, it tends to fill much faster at the front as when I usually pass using the same system as above that corral is usually several people deep already.

And again you are amazing!!! Thank you so much for the details!!

Hi guys, I just got my email from Disney saying the busses to the races start at 3:00 am.....Seriously??? Do you realllly need to be there that early? I know they say for the 5K starts at 5:30am...but that's for the fast people...for the rest of us slobs is that truly necessary? TIA for anyone who's done this before! I have done lots of races and do like to be there in time to get into the mood etc...but this seems excessive!

Yep. When you think of the size of Disney World and how many people they are moving, it makes sense.

I mean, I’ve done a half in Seattle where I rolled out of bed at the hotel, dressed etc, walked outside and in 5 minutes from leaving the hotel was in my corral.

That’s NOT a Disney run, not even the 5k.

According to the guide, buses start at 3:30 for the 5k with a recommendation for racers to be on the bus by 4. My suggestion is you follow this advice. At my last rD event, I was on the bus well before the suggested time but nearly missed the start due to another bus breakdown and the ensuing traffic. Others may tell you that it isn't a big deal and they like to take a later bus. It may work out for you, but the peace of mind is worth the 30 less minutes of sleep for me.

The Aurora costume is incredible!!! I couldn't imagine wearing a full dress and running in Florida heat, so hats off to you, sir!

I have yet to receive any sort of email from runDisney about this event. I checked my junk and spam folders, too...

And if you want character photos before the race, the lines get crazy long.

I will admit I was hoping for a little cooler than last year. But it will be good park weather I guess.

Heat

Just slow down and enjoy.

If you’re accustomed to cool, low humidity, running, this won’t be that.

Just my input

I just registered (conference schedule) ... I’m just jogging the course ... I know I’ll be at the back and I’m embracing it! (The sun might be up before I start! #sarcasmfont)

The Aurora costume is incredible!!! I couldn't imagine wearing a full dress and running in Florida heat, so hats off to you, sir!

I have yet to receive any sort of email from runDisney about this event. I checked my junk and spam folders, too...

I live in South Florida and train in this heat so I am fairly used to it. This dress is not a breathable fabric. But then again it is all about quality Father/Daughter time. Last year's Snow White's dress had better breathablility.

wdw2018056944102006_8194415429_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg

True, but what about everyone else? I hope something will come by email soon -- for their sake.

I got an email on Sunday, but there was no substance to it. A link to the event guide, a link to sign up for runner tracking, and a link to get more information on PhotoPass.

I was starting to give up hope on a preview today, until I realized that the marathon weekend preview wasn’t posted on the runDisney twitter page until 8:24pm. We still have a chance!

I got an email on Sunday, but there was no substance to it. A link to the event guide, a link to sign up for runner tracking, and a link to get more information on PhotoPass.

I was starting to give up hope on a preview today, until I realized that the marathon weekend preview wasn’t posted on the runDisney twitter page until 8:24pm. We still have a chance!

Should I be getting emails from rundisney? I have zero emails besides my confirmation for registration from August...

So I am doing the 5k, and it’s my first race ever. My husband and kids (6&8) want to join me at the finish line. I can’t figure out the logistics of when to tell them to leave and if there will be transportation available or not. Any advice? I’d like for my kids to be able to sleep as late as possible and not stand around too too much.
Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter