2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

I would love to do that! I'm just always at Disney only for running, so I don't have time to do much more running. I may have to squeeze in a short one at Fort Wilderness.

Right! It sounds so fun!

Does anyone know of walkers in this race? I have seen mixed opinions on people and walking this Disney Princess half.

There will be many many walkers. Stay to the side. Keep your arms calm (some walkers have wild swinging arms!). Bring water. You’ll be fine. If you’re on the more hardcore princess pages on fb, ignore them lol.

And if you’re hurting too much, don’t be afraid of the sweepers. All I’ve heard is that they are kind. You get your food box and your medal, and they take you to the end. Don’t hurt yourself MORE if you’re hurting too much to finish. No reason to be terrified.

I was Slated to do 10 today as my last long run. I deveoped a sore throat turned full blown head cold. I tried and made it 4.5. Everything went wrong. I couldnt stop sneezing, underwear was chafing, head throbbing etc. Now I’m debating g if I should do 8 next weekend instead of the 6 I had planned. Thoughts?

I’d give my training a B up until this point.

Right! It sounds so fun!

There will be many many walkers. Stay to the side. Keep your arms calm (some walkers have wild swinging arms!). Bring water. You’ll be fine. If you’re on the more hardcore princess pages on fb, ignore them lol.

And if you’re hurting too much, don’t be afraid of the sweepers. All I’ve heard is that they are kind. You get your food box and your medal, and they take you to the end. Don’t hurt yourself MORE if you’re hurting too much to finish. No reason to be terrified.

100% agree with this. I still wish I had let myself get swept when I was hurting.

What are you seeing weatherwise? How hot and humid?
I'm not the OP but I've been looking at Lake Buena Vista on Accuweather for about 2 weeks. It has pretty consistently shown the high temp to be between 75-78 that day, low temp around 57-59, and many times it has said that there is a chance of am rain showers. At this exact moment it says cloudy.

Sounds like most of us had a rough go of it for our last long run. I wanted to do 14 since I'm following Galloway but it started raining around mile 3. I pushed through until mile 11 but it started to get really windy and I thought it wasn't worth it to risk getting really sick so I called it quits at 11.5. My longest was a couple of weeks ago and I did 13.5 but my legs felt terrible at 11 so I wanted to get past that point again.
So my main question is, I've been doing Galloway since W&D (10k) should I just stick with the plan and do 5 next weekend? Something inside of me says try longer like 8 but this is my first half and I want to make sure I have fresh legs for the race. Any thoughts on how far to go the week before?

Sounds like most of us had a rough go of it for our last long run. I wanted to do 14 since I'm following Galloway but it started raining around mile 3. I pushed through until mile 11 but it started to get really windy and I thought it wasn't worth it to risk getting really sick so I called it quits at 11.5. My longest was a couple of weeks ago and I did 13.5 but my legs felt terrible at 11 so I wanted to get past that point again.
So my main question is, I've been doing Galloway since W&D (10k) should I just stick with the plan and do 5 next weekend? Something inside of me says try longer like 8 but this is my first half and I want to make sure I have fresh legs for the race. Any thoughts on how far to go the week before?
I can relate to the challenges of getting the runs in when the weather is lousy.

I would stick with the plan and do 5, to keep yourself fresh for the half and avoid any last minute injuries from pushing it in the last week. Based upon posts here, most people seem to have peaked around 12 mi pre-half. I did ~ 12 mi a week and a half ago, 10 mi this past week and will do around 8 mi for my long run this week. Having followed your plan since the fall, you will be ready!

Last long run yesterday too! Thankfully my knee is holding up. I have ITB issues that plague me...

I've been doing my long runs in the ice and snow up here in New York. It's been tough! yesterday was finally free of snow so it was actually more difficult because the ground was hard as a rock!

I haven't really posted in this thread but I've been following you guys! Question for all of you...

Who is everyone dressing up as? Sorry if it's been posted before but if it has it's probably back quite a ways! I am dressing up as Belle! I can't wait! She is my favorite as I am a book nerd!

Question for all of you...

Who is everyone dressing up as? Sorry if it's been posted before but if it has it's probably back quite a ways! I am dressing up as Belle! I can't wait! She is my favorite as I am a book nerd!
Congrats on your last long run! For the 10K, I'm not in a character costume per se, just a pretty running dress with a crown :) For the half marathon, I will be Ariel! My BRF will be Cinderella.

My long run yesterday felt almost effortless, despite the bitter cold and icy sidewalks. One more long run and it's race time!! Not that I actually plan on racing it, I still want to enjoy it if I can.

My costume for the 10K and half will be Vanellope von Schweetz, only I opted not to paint the shirt or calf sleeves, so it's more of a Disney-bounding look. I may still add some embellishments yet; I have 6 more days to do so. For the 5K, my husband is dressing up as Snow White and I'm going as his prince... should be fun. He loves Snow White! His costume is really good (I made it), but again mine is more generic in a Disney-bounding style. I'm just lazy with my own costumes, I guess.

Yay for finishing your last long run! Belle will be an awesome costume. :) I hope you have a great race!

I've got a Rapunzel-inspired outfit lined up, but I encountered a sewing tragedy last night with the skirt. Stayed up too late, got super frustrated, and rage quit. I might try to pick it up again tonight and see if I can salvage it, but if there's no luck, then I won't worry about it.

Finished my last long run on Friday - 11 miles. I followed Galloway but had to amend distances and cut out a few things due to life cropping up unexpectedly. I didn't recover quite as quickly as I did from my 9.5 run, but it didn't go too badly.

Looking forward to merchandise previews! Waiting...not so patiently.

For the 10k my daughter is running as Belle, DS is running as Lumiere, and I am running as Cogsworth (Vinyl is a breathable running fabric right?) . For the Half DS and I are running as Guest Services Cast members

Last long run yesterday too! Thankfully my knee is holding up. I have ITB issues that plague me...

I've been doing my long runs in the ice and snow up here in New York. It's been tough! yesterday was finally free of snow so it was actually more difficult because the ground was hard as a rock!

I haven't really posted in this thread but I've been following you guys! Question for all of you...

Love this question! My friends and I are Wendy, Tink and Tiger lily.

So everyone else is tapering too? I was worried I am doing it too soon. This is my first half and what I have found online suggests 60% of peak mileage this week and 40% next week. Anyone have any other tips? Thanks!

We are so excited!

I’ve done barely any running due to a hip injury. I’ve been plodding along on a stationary bike at the gym, lifting weights, going to yoga and doing my daily hip PT stretches and exercises. I’m fighting with the insurance company daily to get an MRI with contrast approved. It’s so stupid. I lost it with the case manager today and asked if she’d like me to submit video surveillance of me at the gym with my personal trainer dating back to October and copies of all the finish times from every race last year :oops: That was after she said I needed to get with my doctor and establish an exercise routine. Anyway, I’ll be the one dressed as Aurora in the blue dress stinking so bad from Tiger Balm that your eyes will be watering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter