2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

We’ve bumped our Christmas trip from November to December 13-15. I’m worried the crowds will be worse in December but that weekend just works better for us. Crowds can’t be as bad as Columbus Day and we survived that so we’ll have a great time. Now I need to read through this entire thread so I’m prepared!!!!!

Seriously can’t wakt for the holiday food guide to be released!!!!

Excited that dh and I will be at DL in just two weeks. I'm trying to decide what purse/tote/bag to bring. I like to travel light, but may bring a small backpack, to carry a sweater and/or windbreaker and a water bottle.
What do you carry?

Excited that dh and I will be at DL in just two weeks. I'm trying to decide what purse/tote/bag to bring. I like to travel light, but may bring a small backpack, to carry a sweater and/or windbreaker and a water bottle.
What do you carry?

I used to carry a purse, but hate going through bag check and the holdup that is. I bought a Scott E. Vest a while back and it's been amazing. I can carry everything I need in it.

Just checking again to see if anyone can clarify how they film the Christmas parade when there is no parade on the schedule for the filming day(s).

Hey Disboarders, I did a search but couldn't find a previous thread or review of the Napa Rose NYE Gala. I have reservations this year but have never been before. It's pricey ($300/pp) but hoping it is worth it. The website says the 8:15pm seating includes multi-course dinner plus band/DJ for dancing and of course midnight celebration. Has anyone done this?

We've looked into this in years past, but have heard from friends who do this regularly that the quality is going down, while the price goes up. They said that it is still a very nice event, but not as nice as it used to be. So we decided to pass and use the money to do something else.

Went to the parks today. Saw little glimpses of holiday decorations. Also, some of the booths for Festival of Holidays are up.

It looks fun but never have done it.. It is a set menu, personally would go to Napa Rose n another day so you can order what you'd like or better yet, experience the chef's counter. For $300, you can buy a one day ticket to Disneyland for the fireworks on NYE and come back for dinner the next night and have two amazing times. It would come down to how much you like to dance.

Last edited:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disney-california-adventure/viva-navidad/
Btw, just followed your link and read the article myself. Right near the end of the article you linked: "Disney Festival of Holidays includes all that, plus the antics of the Holiday Toy Drummers, the incredibly fun Disney ¡Viva Navidad! with The Three Caballeros and Santa’s Holiday Visit at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail."
Ha, thank you - I edited. That’s what I get for reading links before I had my coffee. A CM friend sent me the link and said they “cut the show by Boardwalk Pizza,” but it turns out she meant Elena’s Royal Welcome. 😆 So all is well.

Did anyone else get into the Disney Parks Blog event on November 12th?? I lucked out and must have gotten some of the last spots because my friends checked immediately after and registration was closed. I'm so excited!

We will be at the VGC for Christmas this year (22-25th), and I'm wondering if anyone has done the DVC holiday party before? It sounds pretty pricey, and I couldn't tell whether it included drinks and/or whether any of the characters make appearances. It's a 40s theme this year with a band, which sounds fun. The menu was kind of meh to me, so I'm looking for some value in alcohol :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter