2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

... I am a little confused about how the holiday filming works. Obviously they film the parade and it is reported that filming will be on the 13th. However the parade is not listed on either the 13th or 14th of November. Will they put the parade back on the schedule those days but perhaps at a different time? I am trying to decide how to get parade viewing into my trip.
The filming usually takes place on more than one day. The performances can take place on different days at different times throughout the day. And the parade filming has a backup day, in case they need to reshoot anything.

Will there be a new holiday travel mug this year? The *cheap plastic one, not the ceramic Starbucks one.
*cheap in quality - not in price:)

The filming usually takes place on more than one day. The performances can take place on different days at different times throughout the day. And the parade filming has a backup day, in case they need to reshoot anything.
Thank you theluckyrabbit for this information. I will keep in mind we could run into filming any time and any where during or trip. Sorry to be slow but still do not understand about the parade filming. With the 13th and 14th reported as parade filming days, how do they do that when a parade is not on the schedule? Is the parade filming not done during a live parade?

... Sorry to be slow but still do not understand about the parade filming. With the 13th and 14th reported as parade filming days, how do they do that when a parade is not on the schedule? Is the parade filming not done during a live parade?
Let's try asking @GatorChris since he was actually there for a parade filming: Hey, Chris, can you chime in with a description of what it was like to watch the parade taping and how the timing worked? TIA!

When does the tree normally go up? Also are they doing the christmas special this year? And if so what day?

Did you ever get an answer? WDW waits to put up the tree until after the Christmas taping. I was wondering if Disneyland does the same.... we are going 11/16-11/18 and hoping the tree is up!

Did you ever get an answer? WDW waits to put up the tree until after the Christmas taping. I was wondering if Disneyland does the same.... we are going 11/16-11/18 and hoping the tree is up!
I don’t think WDW does that anymore now that they don’t film the parade there anymore. I think it’s up by their first party. I know jingle Cruise was going today because my Dad sent me a picture. I don’t know about DLR. I will be there next Saturday.

Sorry if this has been covered already, when do most kids finish school for Christmas break there? I’m going to try and convince HB to go back again and I’m thinking maybe right before Christmas break may be somewhat quiet? Mid week?

Sorry if this has been covered already, when do most kids finish school for Christmas break there? I’m going to try and convince HB to go back again and I’m thinking maybe right before Christmas break may be somewhat quiet? Mid week?

Our last day is 12/19 and my kids attend a private school in San Diego. I’m not sure about DLR, but I know that at WDW, the later you go, even mid week, the busier it gets.

I think it's up before the taping. I was hoping it would be up for tomorrow since I'm going for dapper day. It should be up next weekend since that's when everything begins.

The red holiday foods spirit jersey is finally available online for anyone that was looking for it! 😍
Waaahhh! I think waiting until I get to the parks to buy it will be slightly cheaper than ordering online and having to pay for shipping, but that's tempting! Now that I think about it, it wouldn't even get here in time.

This thread is amazing!! I'm going to have to read through all of it. It's been such a stressful past few weeks/months that this is probably the most excited we've been to go to Disneyland! <3

We're going to be there during filming!!! EEEP! Where is the best area to go to see the filming action?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter