2019 Free Dining - anyone booked a trip yet?

I would never give out my confirmation regardless. I also won't be posting a screen shot of my confirmation. Both requests are invasive and ridiculous.

You may have mis-read.
  • Gskywalker said "I thought about asking for her confirmation number to have the cast members figure it out that way, but that would be invasive".
  • My ask to you was for "a screen shot of the page where you see the Canadian tickets as part of the free dining package"
Never would I, nor did I or anybody else on this thread, ask for your confirmation #, or any personal info pertaining to your reservation package. In fact, sharing info about pricing and offers (including screenshots, such as the ones Donald - my hero posted in this very thread) is done all the time on the Dis. That's one of the great things about the Dis and users posting here. In this case, we were merely thinking from the perspective of "what information would a CM need to look up the offer"; and even then we acknowledged the chance of success for the rest of us would be low.

I'm sorry that it hasn't worked out for you anyone else to get them and I don't give a rat's *** if no one believes that I did. I know what I got. Personally I fell the messages in this threat have turned into not so subtle shade being thrown my way. But it is what is is.

It's cool that you don't give rat's *** about it all, but you have to understand that in the course of ~15 years of FD at WDW, the policy has invariably been that no stacking with any other promo is allowed. So your post indicating you booked "Canadian discount tickets" with FD was bound to draw a lot of questions and interest about how the rest of us can possibly replicate your success. I for one expressly noted that I wasn't at all doubting your experience, and that it's great you were able to succeed in an unprecedented way. And I don't believe anybody else was "throwing shade" at you either. If we didnt believe you in the first place, why would we have asked you to kindly share further details so as to try to get in on the action ourselves.

I think, that perhaps some people have experienced too many trolls on the web, when simply asking questions to gather facts to try to figure out a way to replicate the success causes problems and reactions. Perhaps it was the failure of words as well, although I am not sure what much else I could have said. I do my best to be careful with words(I read over my messages as well) because so many people look for ways to take things negatively because of all the trolls and trouble makers that are on message boards or comments sections saying things in a passive aggressive or nasty way. I sent a personal message to respond, hopefully that works better than my seemingly ineffective communication on here.

Last edited:
I just was price shopping the Sun & Fun Room Offer with Canadian Ticket Discount vs the Free Dining offer. Here's what I'm seeing;

Sun & Fun Room Offer with Canadian Ticket Discount. 2 adults. CBR July 15-22. King Bed, 6 day tickets, QSMP: $2859.14
Free Dining Package. 2 adults. CBR July 15-22. King Bed, 6 day tickets: $2959.88

Very little price savings between the 2 packages (only $100), so make sure you price our these 2 packages before deciding to buy. You may find though, that for more people in your party, the free dining option may save you more money.

I just was price shopping the Sun & Fun Room Offer with Canadian Ticket Discount vs the Free Dining offer. Here's what I'm seeing;

Sun & Fun Room Offer with Canadian Ticket Discount. 2 adults. CBR July 15-22. King Bed, 6 day tickets, QSMP: $2859.14
Free Dining Package. 2 adults. CBR July 15-22. King Bed, 6 day tickets: $2959.88

Very little price savings between the 2 packages (only $100), so make sure you price our these 2 packages before deciding to buy. You may find though, that for more people in your party, the free dining option may save you more money.

Don’t forget to add the park hopper on to your Fun n Sun Canadian Ticket Discount for a true comparison, but yeah, if you don’t need or want park hopper and it’s just two of you in a moderate, a good room discount will always be cheaper then free dining.

Don’t forget to add the park hopper on to your Fun n Sun Canadian Ticket Discount for a true comparison, but yeah, if you don’t need or want park hopper and it’s just two of you in a moderate, a good room discount will always be cheaper then free dining.

Yes. Thanks. I noticed that shortly after posting. Park hopper is something we never add, so just another unwanted item for "free".

I'll also note that when inside the free dining promo, the ticket options did not indicate the Canadian discount option, that only showed up in the fun and sun promo.

Hmm thread seems to have gone a bit off topic.
So now im thinking I might try a DVC rental (never done that before). If we can stay at a deluxe for the price of a value, im willing to try that! We have only ever stayed at moderate resorts.
We are not big eaters at ALL. free dining is nice and everything and we do enjoy the restaurants, (however QS is only available for moderate resorts now and we are not huge fans of most of the QS), but we lose in the end (we come home with a TON of snacks we don't need to use up the rest of our credits). Gah I need to make a decision soooon!

We booked Caribbean Beach Resort from September 20-27th and that vacation is with some family friends on the Quick Service Meal Plan.
From September 28th-October 5th we are booked in with my parents at All Star Music and upgraded to the Standard (?) Plan so we could take advantage of character meals for my son! We just love the dining plan because its one less thing to have to budget for (minus tips of course).

If anyone gets anywhere with the Canadian tickets WITH the dining offer please let me know because that would be convenient but when I tried it wouldn't allow it.

So now im thinking I might try a DVC rental (never done that before). If we can stay at a deluxe for the price of a value, im willing to try that! We have only ever stayed at moderate resorts.
We are not big eaters at ALL. free dining is nice and everything and we do enjoy the restaurants, (however QS is only available for moderate resorts now and we are not huge fans of most of the QS), but we lose in the end (we come home with a TON of snacks we don't need to use up the rest of our credits). Gah I need to make a decision soooon!

I mean of course do whatever works out best for your family. Staying at a deluxe for the price of a value seems like a steal for me! I really don't know much about the DVC at all.
HOWEVER, if you do enjoy the ambience of the restaurants we upgraded our Quick Service Dining Plan (staying at Music) for a total of $300 for 3 of us for 7 nights (so approx. $100 per person) which I find super worth it since that could end up being the cost of a meal or two anyways.

To add to your confusion -- or maybe clear some up, who knows :P You can rent points to stay at a DVC resort (highly recommend this BTW) and then add any level of the dining plan to that rental as well!!

We booked Sept 11-17 at ASSp thinking about upgrading to the regular plan. Haven't stayed value in a years our most recent trips have been POR and AKL (rented points it was great BTW). This year we are doing a cruise in March followed by 10 days at Pop and AOA, then the trip in September so I guess to go that much I must go back to value lol.

I have an USA based travel agent.
I was price checking differences between “fun and Sun” and “free dining” at Polynesian, because our original reservation was rack rate for a standard room + Canadian ticket deal.
I was not able to get “free dining” for a standard room when the promo was first released, so my travel agent booked “fun and Sun” with Canadian tickets (big savings across 3 rooms and 10 ppl).
Then, a few days later I found standard deluxe studios under the “free dining” promo, which saved us another $200 (almost $900 across 3 rooms) above the “sun and fun” promo.
Well my UsA travel agent tried to book the “free dining” room promo for us (told us CN ticket deal wouldn’t apply), but when she called into Disney, the CM said that no rooms were available under the “free dining” promo (even though I had screen shots to prove the rooms were available on the website). So my travel agent hung up and tried to book the rooms online. She saw the rooms available online, but the price was more expensive by quite a bit (I sent her the screen shots of the price I was getting online). She couldn’t figure out what the price savings was, because it made no sense to her, that she couldn’t get the same price online as I was (same exact packages).

Anyways, we figured out that as a Canadian I was getting the Canadian ticket prices thrown into the “free dining” promo, which my USA travel agent couldn’t access (because she doesn’t have access to the Canadian page). My travel agent said this has never really happened before (usually she calls in and gets the CM to apply the Canadian discount on the phone). However, this time the Canadian Disney webpage was stacking both discounts (even though it didn’t show the Canadian ticket deal beside the ticket options). I ended up having to book the rooms online myself.

I had to make sure I was signed into “my Disney experience” online, and my account clearly stated that I was Canadian and was accessing the Canadian promos. If I wasn’t signed into my account, the package price for “free dining” was more expensive.
Maybe it was a glitch that day, but nonetheless I got both promos added to my package (Free dining and Canadian ticket deal).

Marshal4539 - It's great that you were able to get FD and Cdn discounts to stack. Thanks for the detailed explanation, which seems to support my (and other posters') previous guess that this is a rare occurrence with Disney's website and so the rest of us probably can't replicate your success by calling Disney.

I had a bounceback booked for a family suite at all stars with free dining but last night I just happened to check prices and if I pushed our trip back 2 months and because my adult son had to cancel I was able to book my first deluxe at contemporary with free dining and the canadian ticket discount. It only cost 1000 dollars more than the suite plus we added on an extra night and because it's deluxe our dining package was upgraded to the disney dining instead of quick service. So 5 of us 4 disney adults and an 8 year old are staying for 8 nights with free dining for 6200. Before we upgraded it was a savings of about 1500 because we had 5 disney adults. Now we about break even with the dining plan but my kids are big eaters so I don't mind.

I've never stayed in a deluxe so this was a good option for us.

So I’m late to the conversation here, but I have to say, wow that is an amazing deal! :worship: and also, HOW did you get a price like that??! We’re a family of 5 (3 disney adults and 2 kids), staying at a moderate with 8 day tickets and it’s $6700

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter