2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts from those that have done the food and wine pairings in previous years. When deciding between these two, do you think the Italian food, beer vs wine pairing or Regional Italian food and wine pairing is better? One is a Via Napoli and the other is at Tutto Gusto if that matters. I'm not sure we've been to either restaurant.

Thoughts from those that have done the food and wine pairings in previous years. When deciding between these two, do you think the Italian food, beer vs wine pairing or Regional Italian food and wine pairing is better? One is a Via Napoli and the other is at Tutto Gusto if that matters. I'm not sure we've been to either restaurant.

I attended the Wine vs Beer last year and will be doing so this year. One option allows you to have wine and beer. The other option only offers wine

We have done the Regional Lunch for 3 years but were very disappointed with the food and service last year. The portions were small, only some people got refills of wine and we had to try and get our server's attention. For the price it was not worth it but previous years were. And they also packed us in like sardines!

I can only speak for the restaurants - but we love Via Napoli WORLDS better than Tutto.

Lol. Our entire trip coincides with Sugar Ray's run. Better brush up on my Mark McGrath trivia.
We're there then, too (and the TBD band). I saw Sugar Ray live 2 years ago and they were awesome (I'm in my late 30s, so prime Sugar Ray fan age in the 90s/early 2000s). Only played hits, Mark talked a little, it was great!

Does anyone know if they are going to have candy sushi event again and how to sign up?

Lol. Our entire trip coincides with Sugar Ray's run. Better brush up on my Mark McGrath trivia.

We are also - Sept 30th - final day of Illuminations @ F&W or do we head to SWGE in hopes that its less busy that night since so many may want to see the final Illuminations? Hmmmmmmm......

I’d call this unofficial for now but just did online chat with DVC and was told DVC is eligible for booking one day earlier - May 14, when they open at 9 ET - and that all events would be eligible for booking.

Side note from me (not mentioned by agent) - they typically don’t release all availability for early booking... so if trying on the 14th and told there’s nothing... don’t assume it is sold out. Try again the 15th.

I just noticed they posted on the website that DVC can book 5/14.
If what we are hoping for is not available on the 14th I will try the 15th, thank you for the tip!

Help please! I’m traveling and only have my phone for internet.

Can someone post the link to the information about the special events like the Italian regional lunch? Looking to see the schedule, when & how to book, and if AP / TiW / Visa gets early booking.

Thank you! I checked the start of this thread and no updated info yet! Looks like booking is super early this year.

So grateful for the info on these boards!!

Does anyone know if they are going to have candy sushi event again and how to sign up?

• Candy Sushi
    Learn how to roll your own sweet sushi treats with a Disney Chef in this hands-on Festival offering at 3:30 and 5:30 daily at The Land pavilion. Booking information coming soon!

Help please! I’m traveling and only have my phone for internet.

Can someone post the link to the information about the special events like the Italian regional lunch? Looking to see the schedule, when & how to book, and if AP / TiW / Visa gets early booking.

Thank you! I checked the start of this thread and no updated info yet! Looks like booking is super early this year.

So grateful for the info on these boards!!

Dinsey Food Blog

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-special-events/

or

Official Disney Site
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...stival/#/drawer=drawerSpecialtyDiningPairings

Disappointed the French Family Traditions doesn't start till October 4, we leave the Oct 3. Will just go to the great French place at home instead... spend the money there.

:thumbsup2

DEMO calendar is up. BOOKING STARTS MAY 15!

Edited to add- looks to be a lot fewer than in prior years and only on Fridays and Saturdays. That’s disappointing.

https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...rations/4-29-2019-culinary-demonstrations.pdf

Thanks so much for posting this info! Been a busy workday for me, just checking in with the thread.

I just noticed they posted on the website that DVC can book 5/14.
If what we are hoping for is not available on the 14th I will try the 15th, thank you for the tip!
This is good news to help with my planning since I have an early meeting on the 15th. I managed to update my event schedule for our September trip but not much I am going to book.

We decided not to do PFTS, since first night of our family trip but may extend our trip a day to take in the French Afternoon event we have never done.

Has anyone done this event and is it worth it in you opinion? We loved the French Family Tradition but not available when we are there.

I've updated the first few posts on this thread with today's announced events and information. Please let me know know if you see any event which I may have neglected to include.

Just noticed that people who reserve the wine view lounge package for Party for the Senses will be entitled to Minnie Van service from their Disney resort to Epcot and then return back to their resort once the event has concluded.

The cost of the beverage seminars and culinary demonstrations increased by $2 per person this year, from $17 to $19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter