2019 Disney Fantasy summer cruises celebrating Mickey's 90th!

So, it looks like this is replacing Pirate night?

On our cruise (June 1st) no Pirate night is listed but the party is listed instead. Does that mean there will be a birthday menu?

Well, our cruise is June 22, so the first summer cruise! Maybe we'll get it?

But, the blog post says specifically 7 day sailings; ours is the 8 day sailing.

After our cruise, is a 6 day sailing, followed by 7 day sailings for most of the summer (there's an 11 day followed by a 3 day).

So, given the specific language of 7 day sailings, I'm going to guess that the party starts with the July 6 sailing.

FYI- despite early emails that said the party would not be on the 8 night cruise, it is now showing in our online activities. Hooray!

On our cruise (June 1st) no Pirate night is listed but the party is listed instead. Does that mean there will be a birthday menu?
Interesting. I thought they just hadn't added it in yet.

I don’t know where to look for the schedule- is it listed on the Disney Cruise official website?
I’d be very surprised if they took away pirate night, but I guess it could happen? The Surprise party is supposed to be a daytime deck party I thought. Do you see it as an evening party? Maybe they will make the fireworks birthday instead of pirate? They’d have to develop a whole different show I would think

I don’t know where to look for the schedule- is it listed on the Disney Cruise official website?
I’d be very surprised if they took away pirate night, but I guess it could happen? The Surprise party is supposed to be a daytime deck party I thought. Do you see it as an evening party? Maybe they will make the fireworks birthday instead of pirate? They’d have to develop a whole different show I would think

On the website for the week I'm going it only lists the party. It could be that they haven't decided when pirate night is and did not post it yet? But the party is the only date listed so I guess it is just speculation at this point?

I've seen that it will be on sailings June 1st - August 31st 2019 for those asking about what "summer" means date wise!

It says the time is TBA.

But, ours is on Day 6 of the 8 day Eastern. This is a port day, with Guests Aboard being 3:45.

I can only guess that they wouldn’t have the party while guests were ashore. Maybe 4 pm before dinner?

Also, they seem to have done away with the “7 day sailings” thing altogether. I happen to notice it is now listed on the itinerary for the Aug 7 three night cruise, on the castaway cay day. And for that, the all aboard time is 4:45.

There is also an updated description of the event with more details
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/mickey-minnie-surprise-party-at-sea/

It does say afternoon event. The only food they mention is ice cream.

Interesting... I just looked at our August, 7 night eastern and the birthday party is listed day 5 St. Thomas port day. No pirate night listed. I hope the still have fireworks one night!

Interesting... I just looked at our August, 7 night eastern and the birthday party is listed day 5 St. Thomas port day. No pirate night listed. I hope the still have fireworks one night!
What is the all aboard time?

I can't imagine they would replace the fireworks with a deck party, and call it an enhanced experience. Every single DCL commercial features the fireworks. The complaints would be overflowing if they cancelled all firework shows on the Fantasy for the summer.

What is the all aboard time?

All aboard is 4pm on St. Thomas Day also party day. In looking at old Navigators pirate night for the eastern itinerary is night 4 Tortola Port Day all aboard 5:45. Not sure if they would do 2 back to back port/special party days. That does not sound like fun to me.

I just looked a bunch of itineraries. Pirate night is only listed on the itineraries through March 2. So, no reason to think the celebration is replacing pirate night.

Well, our cruise is June 22, so the first summer cruise! Maybe we'll get it?

But, the blog post says specifically 7 day sailings; ours is the 8 day sailing.

After our cruise, is a 6 day sailing, followed by 7 day sailings for most of the summer (there's an 11 day followed by a 3 day).

So, given the specific language of 7 day sailings, I'm going to guess that the party starts with the July 6 sailing.
It seems we will be on the same cruise.

On our June 1st Eastern Caribbean cruise, it's listed on Day 5 St. Thomas.

Check Onboard Navigator

Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Party at Sea
Date:

Wednesday, Jun 5

Check Onboard Navigator

What I don't understand is why DCL schedule this "afternoon" deck party on a port of call day? Why not move it to a day at sea?

Last edited:
On the website for the week I'm going it only lists the party. It could be that they haven't decided when pirate night is and did not post it yet? But the party is the only date listed so I guess it is just speculation at this point?

It says the time is TBA.

But, ours is on Day 6 of the 8 day Eastern. This is a port day, with Guests Aboard being 3:45.

I can only guess that they wouldn’t have the party while guests were ashore. Maybe 4 pm before dinner?

Also, they seem to have done away with the “7 day sailings” thing altogether. I happen to notice it is now listed on the itinerary for the Aug 7 three night cruise, on the castaway cay day. And for that, the all aboard time is 4:45.

There is also an updated description of the event with more details
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/mickey-minnie-surprise-party-at-sea/

It does say afternoon event. The only food they mention is ice cream.

FYI - Someone in the cruise group called and Pirate Night is on St Kitts day, so it looks like this is just not reflecting on the website yet.

The Mickey and Minnie party on the 11 nights Southern Caribbean is on day 10, A-day at sea. Pirate night not listed, but doubt it's on day 10.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter