2018 Princess Half Marathon

DD18 is going as Rapunzel and I'm doing Mother Gothel for the 10k, both of which I will be making. I ordered Sparkle Skirts and Raw Threads tanks for the half. DD's is "I'm with the Villains" and mine is the Sea Witch.

ETA: I was thinking about ordering some of the rose gold ears that are all the rage right now and going as "Princess Rose Gold". Haha

DD18 is going as Rapunzel and I'm doing Mother Gothel for the 10k, both of which I will be making. I ordered Sparkle Skirts and Raw Threads tanks for the half. DD's is "I'm with the Villains" and mine is the Sea Witch.

ETA: I was thinking about ordering some of the rose gold ears that are all the rage right now and going as "Princess Rose Gold". Haha
I love seeing this post. As I said upthread, I am running with a friend of mine. She and I have talked about doing the Princess Half for years and it took me this long to get my butt in gear. She is brand new to Disney and has never been to any of the parks. She wanted to run as Ursula but was sure that people would think that was weird since it is the PRINCESS half. I couldn't convince her otherwise. I'm going to show her your post and maybe that will convince her that being a villain wouldn't be weird at all.

I love seeing this post. As I said upthread, I am running with a friend of mine. She and I have talked about doing the Princess Half for years and it took me this long to get my butt in gear. She is brand new to Disney and has never been to any of the parks. She wanted to run as Ursula but was sure that people would think that was weird since it is the PRINCESS half. I couldn't convince her otherwise. I'm going to show her your post and maybe that will convince her that being a villain wouldn't be weird at all.

There will be lots of villains there for princess weekend. My first ever Disney race was the 10K Princess weekend 3 years ago. My friend and I ran together and we both did villains. Maleficient and the Evil Queen. :-)

I don't think I'm doing a costume but I'm not sure yet. I have a pink tech shirt and a crown headband so that might be it for me.

I'm feeling very frustrated this week as I missed my Monday and Wednesday runs to kid dr appts and home renovation issues. Now I wake up this morning and it's snowing. Argh. I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things to miss a few short runs, but it's still irritating.

I'm feeling very frustrated this week as I missed my Monday and Wednesday runs to kid dr appts and home renovation issues. Now I wake up this morning and it's snowing. Argh. I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things to miss a few short runs, but it's still irritating.

I feel your pain. I’ve been a little behind and working to catch up, then my ankle went wonky in a different way AND I seem to be doing my best to catch a cold. So I’m still a few short runs away from being caught up plus the 8 miler.

Totally irritating.

Well... she insists that she wants us to run it together. I run slower than her, though, and hate the idea of holding her up. I usually average somewhere between an 11:45 to 12:00 mile and she is often below 11:00. I hate her having to hold up for me. Anyway, she wants us to run together so if she wants to be a pokey little puppy with me, I guess that's her business. That said, I think I would feel better about it if I had to move back corrals to be with her rather than her moving back with me, you know?

I do rD weekends with several friends, one of whom is my bestie and normal running buddy. We all have a pact that everyone runs their own race if they want, and no one takes offense. My bestie and I interval and the other friends do not, so we have fun hanging out in our corral beforehand and wish each other a great race and off they go. I choose to run with my bestie at her pace, which is decently slower than mine as she's a newer runner. To me, it's completely worth it. I'm doing the race with her to have the experience and have fun, the time will be what it will be. I know I could take off if I wanted to, and she wouldn't be offended. But I'm totally happy just hanging with her and don't feel that she's holding me back in the least.

I won't be at Princess this year, but I did go to the Marathon Weekend expo on the first day this year when it opened at noon. So many people! I would plan on either going later in the day or getting there before it opens.

RunDisney website has published Expo times.
My strategy has always been get there at 9:15 for the early opening at 9:30, in and out and off to the parks... Noon opening screws that all up. I'm considering going late now... not sure any merchandise is worth wasting an entire day...
I'm guessing this is to help Disney sell more of their VIP shopping tix...

Oof, I didn't realize the time change for Thursday. Our flight lands at noon on Thursday, so I'm hoping it's not a complete madhouse when we get there.

Now I'm sad I didn't sign up for the 5k! This happened to me last year too, I should know better by now!

Oh wow, those are all really, REALLY good medals. Not a clunker in the bunch! That is an A+ way to take advantage of Rapunzel's hair, and the 10K Brave medal looks BEAUTIFUL.

It looks like the 10k might spin? Not so obvious in that linked post, but in the group photo RunDisney posted on Instagram, it looks like the center part with Merida spins.

It looks like the 10k might spin? Not so obvious in that linked post, but in the group photo RunDisney posted on Instagram, it looks like the center part with Merida spins.
I think both the 10K and half medals are spinners. Really nice medals for 2018!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter