2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth the $190? I guess with this being my first F&W I'm just not interested in spending that amount of money.
That’s always subjective.

You had asked about it so I gave my take: to us, it was high quality with excellent food and alcohol and we’d to it again — I.e. worth $190 to us.

But to some people there’s no meal that would be “worth” that.

If you’re willing to spend that much on an excellent meal, I’d say this fits the bill. If you’re “not interested” in spending that, I’m not sure what anyone could say that would be helpful. :confused3

Nabbed the beer and sake beverage seminars while we're there. Never had sake before so should be interesting. We were really disappointed last year when there were no interesting seminars during our trip.

Can someone with experience tell me if the hibachi experience is worth it? This will be our first ever f&w. We’ve eaten at Teppan Edo and thought it was just okay; just tasted like normal hibachi.

It’s one of our favorite events actually. Only problem is that it’s sold out, at least the two dates we could do. Multiple sources confirmed. We’re going to try again Thursday in case they’re saving some seats for general booking.

Thanks for the feedback on Parisian Breakfast. We're going to drop Akershus (assuming we get the breakfast) and probably add in the FEA dessert party instead.

That’s always subjective.

You had asked about it so I gave my take: to us, it was high quality with excellent food and alcohol and we’d to it again — I.e. worth $190 to us.

But to some people there’s no meal that would be “worth” that.

If you’re willing to spend that much on an excellent meal, I’d say this fits the bill. If you’re “not interested” in spending that, I’m not sure what anyone could say that would be helpful. :confused3
You're right that's true. I guess we aren't in the club that wants to spend $190 pp on a meal lol. I think we will just stick with the booths. We also have an ADR at Chefs de France since we've never tried that. We also want to try the QS in Japan.

It’s one of our favorite events actually. Only problem is that it’s sold out, at least the two dates we could do. Multiple sources confirmed. We’re going to try again Thursday in case they’re saving some seats for general booking.
Oh then it may not matter anyway lol

My brother and I will be coming in the last weekend of the festival (the afternoon Nov 9th-Nov 17th). I know it’ll be a madhouse and that not all the events will be offered the 9th through the 12th, but our dates weren’t flexible this year. Our plan is to be in Epcot the 10th and 12th (and take a Cali Grill brunch/explore resorts day on the 11th), though that’s flexible.

If you could only choose one special event to attend that was most worth the time and money, what would it be? We were originally planning to try to get the Parisian Breakfast as I’ve been wanting to do it since I worked at Disney in 2014, but you guys make all of the events sound so fabulous.

My brother and I will be coming in the last weekend of the festival (the afternoon Nov 9th-Nov 17th). I know it’ll be a madhouse and that not all the events will be offered the 9th through the 12th, but our dates weren’t flexible this year. Our plan is to be in Epcot the 10th and 12th (and take a Cali Grill brunch/explore resorts day on the 11th), though that’s flexible.

If you could only choose one special event to attend that was most worth the time and money, what would it be? We were originally planning to try to get the Parisian Breakfast as I’ve been wanting to do it since I worked at Disney in 2014, but you guys make all of the events sound so fabulous.
I’d take the crowds and consider Sun at epcot because Mon of last year stuff kept running out. The Moët Rose was gone that morning and the (excellent) dessert at Greece as well.

You are in Luck this year as all the events in France are being offered the final weekend as well as some other events so you have the choice of Parisian Breakfast or Parisian afternoon on Saturday and the French Family Meal Traditions is being offered on both Friday & Sunday. There is also a Cheese Seminar on Saturday morning. Last year I think the only special dining event going on the final weekend was a Cheese Seminar. We had to cram all the French stuff in the first weekend of our trip in November last year and it was also Marathon Weekend which made getting around a bit more difficult. There's a PFTS on Saturday night if that is up your alley. Brunch with a Chef on Sunday. Mediterranean Pairing On Monday. So there's lots to choose from this year. Personally I would go for any of the events in France or the Mediterranean pairing. I will be at the Parisian Breakfast on Saturday. Doing the French Family Meal on Friday and the Parisian Afternoon the weekend before. May do the Mediterranean Pairing on another trip. First choice for me would be the French Family Meal Traditions but it takes about 3-3 1/2 hours.

I'm so picky that I'm worried I wouldn't like any of the food offered. I'm that person that goes to hibachi to get noodles and chicken with no veggies lol.

This might not be the event for you then.

Here is everything offered during that time (Plus what fabulous Disers that will be there as I'm lazy)

Friday, November 9th

12:00PM - Mexican Tequila Lunch
Dis_Yoda + DH

12:00PM - French Family Lunch
KPSmithSR + DW + 2

2:30PM - Food & Wine Pairing (Festival Center)

Saturday, November 10th

9:15AM - Parisian Breakfast
KPSmithSR + DW + 2

9:45AM - Cheese Seminar

1:30PM - Parisian Afternoon

6:30PM - Party of the Senses - Wine View Lounge

7:00PM - Party of the Senses - Reserved Seating

Sunday, November 11th

11:30AM - Sunday Brunch With The Chef

12:00PM - French Family Lunch

Monday, November 12th

1:00PM - Mediterranean Food & Wine Pairing

I am finding it so easy to get caught up with everyone's excitement about various events and think I need to schedule them too. But I am realizing that if I schedule too many events, I wont get to enjoy the booths. I had to stop myself from booking a regional lunch. LOL It will just give me incentive to come back next year. :)

Would love some opinions on the

Italian Food and Beer Pairing Lunch at Epcot’s Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria
VS
Italian Food and Wine Pairing Luncheon (Italian Regional Lunch)

I'm not a big fan of truffles and my friend is not a fan of beer - I'm in charge of making the reservations and I'm at a lost as to which to choose !!!

Would love to know what was served at each and if anyone has a preference one over the other?

Thanks ! FYI LOVE these boards and all the information on them !!!

Help......
Where do you find the Parisian Breakfast link?

That’s the irony... Disney hasn’t posted it yet but is allowing it to be booked. :confused3 The Food Blog has a description and old review on their Special Events page or you can probably find several reviews here on the DIS.

That’s the irony... Disney hasn’t posted it yet but is allowing it to be booked. :confused3 The Food Blog has a description and old review on their Special Events page or you can probably find several reviews here on the DIS.

Thank you. That’s what I thought but then I thought maybe I was loosing it when people were posting about booking.o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter