2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a spreadsheet of all the things I want to try and where they are located - $277 worth! :scared1:

I have some things I am iffy on but even taking those out is about $180. Yipes!! I have 5 days of snacking tho. Am I nuts?
I found 77 items (both food and drink) that we wanted to try. I haven't added up the costs yet :guilty:

I'm with you! My list was at $144. I cut it down to $119. Now it's back up to $127. Gonna have to make some decisions, especially since I spent my Disney rewards points on another MNSSHP ticket :)
Gotta make sure I have enough on my Disney Gift cards!

No problem! Always happy to pass on the savings when I find it. So happy you got your trays!!!
I also bought the tervis wine "glasses" and will probably bring them with us. We love our wine and found a very good, reasonably priced BOX wine at our local wine store. You can't buy it at the grocery store...it's a tuscan red. It may find it's way to florida in my checked bag. In my defense, there will be 7 of us girls for the first week and me and dh the last 4 days so I'm pretty sure it won't be flying home with us ;)

I would not buy the wines from the festival center. I would take note of it and buy it at home. It’s anywhere from a 25% to 100% mark up depending on the wine.
I have an app on my phone called Vivino. You can take a picture of the label and it'll give you all sorts of great information including where to find it. The retail price is usually available on that so I find it helpful when deciding whether or not I should purchase from a particular store/vendor.

Have folks confirmed the hours for Taste Track during F&W? Opening at 11? I’m wishing it would open earlier for breakfast.

My husband uses the Vivino App frequently. It was so useful at last year’s F&W festival. He ended up buying a couple bottles at the Festival Center that would not be easily accessible to us except via a website. The Disney markup was at or below what it would have likely cost to ship it and we liked bringing a bit of something we enjoyed on vacation home with us.

I would not buy the wines from the festival center. I would take note of it and buy it at home. It’s anywhere from a 25% to 100% mark up depending on the wine.
The only times I've purchased wines at the Festival Center was when I thought I probably couldn't find that wine at home.

The information below on the app should be helpful the next time I'm at the Festival. Thanks for posting!

I have an app on my phone called Vivino. You can take a picture of the label and it'll give you all sorts of great information including where to find it.

This looks like it’s gonna be so much fun for both kids and adults! I feel like I’m gonna fail so hard at making a pretty roll as I have no hand coordination at all, but the potential for laughs is great and I’m gonna have such a good time with my friends and the others around.

To all others big kids in doubt because a Nenative Nancy keeping popping up on this thread, I say keep your reservations and go and have a blast!
I think it looks fun too! If I bought the supplies myself I would have a lot left over. This way we get to make them but don’t have to worry about having a bunch of leftover candy or anything. We don’t have to justify our reasons to anyone. Disney is all about being a kid again!

Tasted like golden raisins. Something sweet and squishy. It was dark and couldn’t quite tell for certain.
Darn that sounds gross. I’m kind of picky so I don’t like a lot of foods mixed together. I might still try it anyway.

I have an app on my phone called Vivino. You can take a picture of the label and it'll give you all sorts of great information including where to find it. The retail price is usually available on that so I find it helpful when deciding whether or not I should purchase from a particular store/vendor.

Thanks for the info on the app. I don't drink, but this could be helpful for my friend I am traveling with if she finds something she really likes. Or if she wants to maybe buy one to take home as a gift.

Agreed. Wine.com — no joke. Have found so many wines there that I’ve had in restaurants or seen at F&W. Delivers right to your house for less $$.

Waiting until getting home to purchase wine discovered at F&W online is really smart. In practice, though, we’ve never followed through. We don’t drink wine at home in enough quantity or frequently enough to justify bulk shipping discounts; and as time passes, we forget the name, exact year, etc. of said wine we experienced. Using the app, we can determine on the spot if the wine is just as convenient to pick up when we get home or if Disney’s mark up is too absurd for any convenience of bringing it home with us.

Well, my husband works in the alcohol industry now so I’ve gotten aware of all that now

I must admit that I thought the amount of adults at the Candy Sushi activity was odd, but I had just assumed it was an activity designed for kids (which it doesn't say anywhere online, I just hadn't read it properly). My 5-year old wasn't super comfortable going and sitting with a bunch of adults he didn't know to do the activity, so if we did it again I think I'd sign up to do it with him. Honestly, his favorite thing about it was that he got a cute paper chefs hat with Remy on it!

Oh, I forgot to mention the dance party - we walked by it about 6pm and the crowds were very low, so plenty of chances to dance with Remy and Emile (who were happy to pose for photos and selfies). As we were leaving about 8pm the area was very crowded, so I think it's better to check this out earlier in the evening.

Last edited:
I didn’t care for the carrot cake from Hops and Barley. Too much like spice cake for my taste, plus I don’t care for raisins, and like a lot of nuts. I know these are my issues, not the dish.

Back tomorrow!

Is this the same carrot cake that's offered during the F&G festival?

Oh, I forgot to mention the dance party - we walked by it about 6pm and the crowds were very low, so plenty of chances to dance with Remy and Emile (who were happy to pose for photos and selfies). As we were leaving about 8pm the area was very crowded, so I think it's better to check this out earlier in the evening.
We danced last night at the dance party. So fun! You can’t help but bust a move. Lots of little kids dancing with Remy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter