2017: May or August?

mollies_mum

DIS Veteran
Hello,
We are planning a DLP trip next year and are tied to school holidays.
I'm thinking the last week of August into September or May half term. I'm trying to avoid any French school holidays, am I right in thinking that the French kids go back to school on 30th August and aren't off at all in May?

yes - and I'd do May half term out of those 2 options, as the weather will be pleasant and the main park is open until 11pm each night.

Thank you...yes I'm definitely leaning towards May half term! We've only ever been in colder months where the park closed early so 11pm evening hours sound great :)

Last week of August is sometimes very crowdy. I'm not sure but I guess many families “promise” a trip in DLP if their kids are behaving nice during the summer.

I would chose May, although some parades and show that exist only during the Summer season may not be there. For me, the quietness would beat it.

August isn't half as busy as it used to be since the unrest, plus you'll have Pirates back in August - it'll still be closed in May.

This August was apparently much quieter than normal, reason = probably what Steve mentions above sadly....

I'm banking on the May vacation window as well, even though Pirates will be down. I was sure to ride it four times last month while we were there though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter