2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

I can't wait to see the new Lanyard with $200 GC purchase. We got lone last year and it was cool. The pin that came with it was Massive and the lanyard was a cool 20th F&W anniversary souvenir. We arrive 2 weeks from today and the excitement is starting to build. Now I can't wait for the pictures to start trickling in of the prices because knowing how broke I will be in 3 weeks is all part of the fun! ;)

Truthfully it's the only reason I want the Gift card for the pin...

I can't wait to see the new Lanyard with $200 GC purchase. We got lone last year and it was cool. The pin that came with it was Massive and the lanyard was a cool 20th F&W anniversary souvenir. We arrive 2 weeks from today and the excitement is starting to build. Now I can't wait for the pictures to start trickling in of the prices because knowing how broke I will be in 3 weeks is all part of the fun! ;)
Do you have a photo of this Pin? Pretty sure it was just a special Lanyard Medallion that came with the $200 gift card.

The downside to that card is it's for one person only, meaning hubby and I can't be in separate lines getting each other samples and use that one card.

Sadly, I'll pass. We might be able to eat/drink $200 worth in a day, but we'll each need our own $$.

The downside to that card is it's for one person only, meaning hubby and I can't be in separate lines getting each other samples and use that one card.

Sadly, I'll pass. We might be able to eat/drink $200 worth in a day, but we'll each need our own $$.

Couldn't you just put the gift card on disneygiftcards.com and transfer part of it to another card? I've never tried it, so I don't know if you can but just a thought in case you like the lanyard.

Couldn't you just put the gift card on disneygiftcards.com and transfer part of it to another card? I've never tried it, so I don't know if you can but just a thought in case you like the lanyard.
Don't think you can move partial amounts from one GC to another GC. The website is set up to transfer the balance on one gift card to another gift card.

Do you have a photo of this Pin? Pretty sure it was just a special Lanyard Medallion that came with the $200 gift card.
I forgot it was the pin that came with the sampler. There was alot of drinking and purchases made. Easy to get them mixed up. ;)

I forgot it was the pin that came with the sampler. There was alot of drinking and purchases made. Easy to get them mixed up. ;)
Just wanted to clarify for other posters since all the chatter about the GC's, Sampler & such were starting to get jumbled together.

So from all the recent posts to sum things up:

There is a special $200 Disney F & W Festival Gift card available for purchase with Cash or CC only. It comes with a lanyard with a special F & W Festival themed medallion & a card holder pouch. No pictures yet so we don't know what this year's will look like. The Gift card can be used on any purchases anywhere Disney gift cards are accepted, it doesn't have to only be used for F & W Festival purchases.

There is a different special F & W Themed Gift Card you can purchase usually comes on a wristband & is a smaller size than regular gift cards. Can be purchased only with cash or CC. Can be used anywhere Disney Gift Cards are accepted.

All the Special Gift card Details including where to purchase can be found here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...d-wine-festival/#/drawer=drawerDisneyGiftCard

There is a Tasting Sampler Package that will be available for purchase for $65 + Tax. You will receive a special credential with 8 coupons that can be redeemed for Festival Food & Beverage items at the 35 official F & W Festival Booths/ Locations. It also includes a limited release F & W Festival Trading Pin. Minimum purchase to break even on the 8 items is $8.13 per item, figure the tax paid on the package covers the cost of the pin. Excluded items in the past have been all Beer Flights, Wine Flights or Samplers, The Palette Food & Wine Sampler, Champagnes & Kurt Russell Gogi Wines. The explicit details will be printed on the sampler credentials. Locations in the past NOT honoring the entitlements include the Joffrey's Coffee Kiosks, Refreshment Cool Post at the African Outpost, Block & Hans, Fife & Drum, Refreshment Port, Chocolate Experience & Intermissions Cafe inside the Festival Center and all other regular EPCOT Kiosks, QS Locations & Restaurants. First few days of the festival there have always been reports of some of the outdoor kiosk locations accepting the coupons but they aren't supposed to & have always stopped accepting them within the first few days.

All the details for the Tasting Sampler including where to purchase can be found here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/food-wine-festival-tasting-sampler/

None of these items are available to pre-purchase prior to arriving at the F & W Festival.

If you're staying onsite, you can charge back to the room and use the gift card to pay off the balance.

For the sampler, the lanyard is supposed to be present when you redeem the coupons, so you couldn't be in two lines separates, either.

I'm with you on that but if you notice they removed all liquor except for fruity mixed drinks
My guess would have something to do about people drinking dumb. If someone still wants to do this there are still plenty of places in Epcot for someone to drink like an idiot. On top of that they served pretty much all liquor in a thimble. Is there any place in Epcot to get a good scotch?

My guess would have something to do about people drinking dumb. If someone still wants to do this there are still plenty of places in Epcot for someone to drink like an idiot. On top of that they served pretty much all liquor in a thimble. Is there any place in Epcot to get a good scotch?

Not my drink of choice, but I do see a good many folks enjoying it at Rose & Crown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter