• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

1) Each level will have a different color wristband.
2) I don't rinse the dish. the food is already plated and you'll just set the plates on the dish. Water is provided at the stations to rinse out the wine glasses.
3) a) If you can, eat dessert first. The dessert stations will be completely empty at the start and the savory stations full. Then later in the night, it will reverse. b) Don't worry about the lines. They will go down considerably after the first wave. And they won't run out of food. c) if you see a station giving away something, like beer glasses, get them early if you want one because they will probably run out of those.

I came across this picture today of the sample at our last year's culinary demo. I remember DH, who'd never gone to a culinary demo before, was appalled at the size. Me, I was OK-I'd gone to some culinary demos before. But DH expected much more for some reason, and was very grumpy and hungry when we left. A sample is a sample, folks!

I came across this picture today of the sample at our last year's culinary demo. I remember DH, who'd never gone to a culinary demo before, was appalled at the size. Me, I was OK-I'd gone to some culinary demos before. But DH expected much more for some reason, and was very grumpy and hungry when we left. A sample is a sample, folks!

Is this true of the Italian Food and Wine vs. Beer Pairing at Via Napoli? That's our only scheduled meal for the day, so I hope the portions are larger!

Is this true of the Italian Food and Wine vs. Beer Pairing at Via Napoli? That's our only scheduled meal for the day, so I hope the portions are larger!

OMG! You will have so much food at the Via Napoli event plus so much beer and wine, you probably won't eat dinner that night! It's one of our favorite events ever! We did it in 2015 and 2016!

The post above was from one of those $15 (now $17+tax) culinary demos at the Festival Center.

Wine Vs. Beer is a full 5 course meal so you definitely shouldn't be hungry after that. The picture posted above is from a culinary demo in the festival center so no comparison.

Thank you so much for sharing! The food looks soo good :) My family members are big eaters.. so they should be pleased with the amount of food! This will be our first F&W festival, so we didn't really know what to expect.

Are you doing any of the special events other than the Italian Food and Wine VS Beer or just the booths?

I have many F&W reports in my signature that gives a good overview of various things.

Are you doing any of the special events other than the Italian Food and Wine VS Beer or just the booths?

I have many F&W reports in my signature that gives a good overview of various things.

We are just doing the Italian Food and Wine vs Beer Pairing. I wanted to do the French Family Traditions, but we only have 2 days in Epcot so I wanted to leave enough time (and stomach space!) to sample some items at the booths.

No wine sample at culinary seminars this year! That was the only reason there was remotely bang-for-your-buck on the culinary demos (On the upside beverage seminars will have larger sample pours, supposedly)
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/changes-this-year-for-epcots-food-and-wine-seminars/

ETA: I emailed guest services my displeasure, if anyone else is as disappointed as me here you go https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

Did you ever get any response from your e-mail? I just sent one about the changes to the O'Hana Breakfast & just got the generic:

"Thank you for your email to the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us! It is our goal to create magical memories and exceed the expectations of our Guests during each and every interaction that you have with us!

Once again, thank you for contacting us. We look forward to the opportunity to entertain you soon!"

No reference whatsoever to my issues.

Here is my DW's blog on the Wine vs. Beer. Hopefully it will give you a good idea of what it is like.

https://talesfromtheturtleshelldisn...an-beer-vs-wine-food-pairing-october-25-2016/

Thanks for sharing your DW's blog. I am "snooping" around as you suggested and am about halfway through the events you attended last year (13! I like the way you vacation!! :goodvibes). The descriptions and pictures are helping me decide about a few events I've been debating - Italian F&W pairing in Tutto Gusto, Parisian Breakfast, Tequila lunch and French family traditions. They all sound great -- thanks for the detailed reviews and pictures!!

I am curious to know how many hear use a disney gift card to pay with or does anyone here buy the food and wine card and find it easier to leave it on your wrist and pay that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter