2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Certainly seems like something is up and behind the lack of announcement/vague timing. And there’s the Festival Center question too. Certainly other open spaces in the park but if doing culinary demos need to outfit the “show kitchen” as well as have to have the backstage kitchen/prep area. I hate to be cynical but I imagine the first events in the new space will be chaos. That said, am still hopeful and looking forward to another festival! I just wish they’d offer some details!!
I wonder if they'll do away with the demos and seminars this year, especially the culinary demos based on the info you posted. They cut back the number of demos and seminars last year. The cost went up to $17 last year I believe. Seems like for last three years, the number of people attending these has decreased.

my guess is the start date is 8/30. Last year it was 8/31, which was also a Thursday. If they stick to last year they will start on a Thursday, not a Friday. they only stay open until 10 on weekends, so it does appear the 31st is the first weekend. plus 8/30 is my birthday. I've never been to food and wine on my birthday.

I stopped with the seminars a couple of years ago. I would not miss them.

If they continue with the Culinary demos & such I hope they do move them back to the Odyssey. It was so much nicer when they held them in there away from the noisy onlookers that were the norm in the old Wonders of Life pavilion. The only down side to them using the Odyssey was waiting out in the blazing hot sun prior to the events. I think they should really consider going back to using space in one of the Innoventions buildings for now and then building a permanent Festival Center when they do the major refurb of Future World. Odyssey has a Kitchen so that works for Culinary events. They could hold the beverage seminars in the space they used for the Light Lab last year in Innoventions.

If they continue with the Culinary demos & such I hope they do move them back to the Odyssey. It was so much nicer when they held them in there away from the noisy onlookers that were the norm in the old Wonders of Life pavilion. The only down side to them using the Odyssey was waiting out in the blazing hot sun prior to the events. I think they should really consider going back to using space in one of the Innoventions buildings for now and then building a permanent Festival Center when they do the major refurb of Future World. Odyssey has a Kitchen so that works for Culinary events. They could hold the beverage seminars in the space they used for the Light Lab last year in Innoventions.
Have to admit the onlooker thing creeped me out every time. You want to attend pay, if not you don't stalk the event.

No idea how or even if related but is interesting that the advance registration for AP holders and DVC for the Wine & Dine race weekend during the festival was supposed to be today and was somewhat “mysteriously” (i.e. without communication) postponed until next week. Could just be IT issues, that’s certainly plausible :laughing: but also some speculation they’re changing the event somehow.

No idea how or even if related but is interesting that the advance registration for AP holders and DVC for the Wine & Dine race weekend during the festival was supposed to be today and was somewhat “mysteriously” (i.e. without communication) postponed until next week. Could just be IT issues, that’s certainly plausible :laughing: but also some speculation they’re changing the event somehow.
Could be related to the fact that summer 2019 itineraries for Disney Cruise Line could be booked starting this past Monday. People were hold yesterday for 4 to 5 hours attempting to make reservations. However, I don't know if the DCL reservation system and the WDW reservation system are intertwined.

That sounds like a win-win. Good use of space and it’s super convenient. It seemed like a haul to get over to Wonders of Life so I’d love something a bit closer to WS. Craft Beers would be great at Innoventions too. We enjoyed that booth a lot. Lines there were really, really long on the weekends. A place with more flow would help.

Count me in with the crowd anxious for info. Like @gottalovepluto I don’t want to buy plane tickets just yet. I do have two reservations on the books for September and I’ll only keep one of them. What I really need is event dates which I know will take many more months. Festival dates would be a good start!

Hoping we hear something this week. It's hard to plan our ADRs when we haven't heard any news about the festival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter