2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

I had a question maybe someone who has been can help me out with. I read the costume rules and I'm worried/confused about a couple of them. The one about "nothing that reaches the ground (such as full length princess dress)" - so do they really not allow any full length dresses? I made a dress and it is ankle length, doesn't touch the ground. No petticoat or anything, just a simple long dress. Is it going to be a problem? I'm thinking to stash a bunch of safety pins in my bag in case I need to pin it up, but I'm hoping I don't have to...

I've been looking at pictures and I've seen people in full ball gowns, princess dresses, mermaid tails... so it seems like they aren't really that strict?

Also, is there any issue going on rides in a long dress? Are they going to have a problem with it?

The other costume I'm planning to bring (hoping it will be cool enough in the evening to wear it!) is this really comfortable Pooh Bear "union suit" . Seems acceptable enough, right?

Sorry for all the questions! First time getting to go and I am worried about my costume getting me rejected at the door. What a nightmare.

I had a question maybe someone who has been can help me out with. I read the costume rules and I'm worried/confused about a couple of them. The one about "nothing that reaches the ground (such as full length princess dress)" - so do they really not allow any full length dresses? I made a dress and it is ankle length, doesn't touch the ground. No petticoat or anything, just a simple long dress. Is it going to be a problem? I'm thinking to stash a bunch of safety pins in my bag in case I need to pin it up, but I'm hoping I don't have to...

I've been looking at pictures and I've seen people in full ball gowns, princess dresses, mermaid tails... so it seems like they aren't really that strict?

Also, is there any issue going on rides in a long dress? Are they going to have a problem with it?

The other costume I'm planning to bring (hoping it will be cool enough in the evening to wear it!) is this really comfortable Pooh Bear "union suit" . Seems acceptable enough, right?

Sorry for all the questions! First time getting to go and I am worried about my costume getting me rejected at the door. What a nightmare.

I dont think they are very strict. I saw people with full length costumes several times last year and I know people who went this year and wore full length dresses, I always worry that it will be like Murphy's Law and the CM's will finally start cracking down the minute that I walk up to the turnstiles but this has never been the case.

On the pooh costume-here is my 2 cents and take it for what its worth. 2 years ago I wore a similar costume-a kigurumi suit that looked like Dr. Who's Tardis, it was over cast and it even rain a bit that morning and I was still hot in that costume. You not feel comfortable. If it were me I'd try wearing it around the house all evening while you get things done and see how you feel.

I attended the party on Wednesday. We arrived at around 2:45 and started to line up on the right side of the special event area. At about 2:55, more lines opened up to the right of that area, so even though we did not arrive that early, we were in the park before 3 pm. The first thing we did was try to see if we could use MaxPass for Haunted Mansion Holiday, and it was no problem. We also used MaxPass a few more times, so it does look like the Halloween Party ticket includes MaxPass. Before the official party start time of 6 pm, there were some treat trails open (that were not in ToonTown) that had virtually no lines. We ended up going through three treat lines before 5 pm. We arrived at ToonTown at around 5:15pm, and it was packed. The character lines were all very long, so we left and did rides instead.

I attended the party on Wednesday. We arrived at around 2:45 and started to line up on the right side of the special event area. At about 2:55, more lines opened up to the right of that area, so even though we did not arrive that early, we were in the park before 3 pm. The first thing we did was try to see if we could use MaxPass for Haunted Mansion Holiday, and it was no problem. We also used MaxPass a few more times, so it does look like the Halloween Party ticket includes MaxPass. Before the official party start time of 6 pm, there were some treat trails open (that were not in ToonTown) that had virtually no lines. We ended up going through three treat lines before 5 pm. We arrived at ToonTown at around 5:15pm, and it was packed. The character lines were all very long, so we left and did rides instead.
Where were these treat trails that opened up before the party started?

As Kindermouse said the costume rules don't seem to be that strictly enforced. I saw several people wearing a similar costume to Pooh Bear one you linked (there was also a Sully and a Eeyore). I agree that unless you're going on a really cold night, that costume is going to get hot. It's cute, but keep an eye on the weather and if it's going to be warm, I'd consider bringing a back-up outfit to wear if you decide to take off the Pooh Bear suit.

Before the official party start time of 6 pm, there were some treat trails open (that were not in ToonTown) that had virtually no lines. We ended up going through three treat lines before 5 pm.
Were these the ones along Big Thunder Trail? I was riding the train (that's when I saw them for the first time) before the party started and it looked like they might have already been open. On the flip side, the treat trail in Town Square didn't open until well after the start of the party (so don't plan to start there!).

I don't think they have a specific time when they appear, but it won't be while the Cadaver Dans are performing on the Rivers of America (7, 8, 9, 10, and 10:45 pm). The Cadaver Dan set is about 15 minutes long, so I would aim to either hang around the Rivers after the Cadaver Dans finish up a set or get there half past the hour.

I saw them out on Friday night; it was Pluto, Donald, Chip and Dale in the pirate attire out on the raft. They were basically dancing, goofying around, waving at the crowds, etc. It was cute.
I also saw Goofy; it was definitely five characters when I saw them at the first party. Super cute.

It must depend on which characters are available. I wonder if it varies by night, by outing, both? I looked back at my photos from Friday night (second party, around 10:30 pm) and there were only four (Donald, Pluto, Chip & Dale). Goofy did show up at the train station at the end of the party (also in his Pirate attire).
DSC_0514.JPG

This year's Haunted Mansion Holiday Gingerbread House features Oogie Boogie. The house itself kind of looks like a stylized version of the Haunted Mansion. It was interesting...they seemed to be really going all in on Oogie Boogie this year!
DSC_0431-balanced-small_zpsdlmvnwmx.jpg

For those that are interested, both the Monkey Bride and the present for Bill King are in the attic this year.
Both are on the left side of the ride vehicle and off the ground. The Monkey Bride is located in almost the same area as last year, but at an easier spot to see. Just as the vehicle makes the right turn after entering the attic, she's towards the back wall, above eye level. Her heart is easy to see, but the rest of her is kind of hard to see.
DSC_0576-small_zpsem3lw5y6.jpg

The present for Bill King is about halfway down the straight away section of the attic (after the Monkey Bride). The present is located slightly below eye level, near the the spiral snake and the jack-o-lantern. The lantern is easy to see, so when you see it, look just below it.
DSC_0462-small_zpshszgbkfq.jpg

Last edited:

Also, is there any issue going on rides in a long dress Are they going to have a problem with it?

FYI --Last October my 15yr old daughter wore a costume to the Party - she was the HM Ghost Bride (in a dress that touched the ground and had a hoop slip underneath). She did get stopped at the bag check station by a CM and was told her dress was "too long" that he needed to see her feet (but he didn't object about the hoop skirt at all). He was insistent that she could not enter but was very helpful in finding us a pair of scissors at one of the shops so that we could cut off a few inches from the bottom. Fortunately for us the CM was so nice and helpful and she was able to, eventually, enter the park in her costume -- albeit a bit shorter than when we left the hotel :)

That being said - I did see other teens/adults in floor length costumes that breezed through the bag check and into the parks with no problem. I guess our CM was more of a rule follower :)

She did not have any problems riding the rides in her costume even with the hoops...she simply tucked everything around her as she sat in the ride vehicle.

Attachments

• audrey ghost bride.jpg
    audrey ghost bride.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 39

My 2 friends and I (and their mom) all have floor length costumes (although they don't drag on the ground). We have tulle petticoats underneath. We have never had a problem with any CMs before, even with our wings or the mom's staff. This is us from 2 years ago (we have been using these costumes for the last 5 Halloween parties). Sorry I couldn't find a floor-length picture of us.

As far as getting onto rides goes, we really don't have any problems with our dresses although getting into the small seats on SM can be tricky just because there is an awful lot of fabric to squish in. Where we have problems is our wings but we usually just take off our capes (they are attached to them). Most CMs are really great about holding Maleficent's staff as well while we ride and then giving it back to us when we get off the vehicle.

Attachments

• Halloween 2.jpg
    Halloween 2.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 42
Before the official party start time of 6 pm, there were some treat trails open (that were not in ToonTown) that had virtually no lines. We ended up going through three treat lines before 5 pm. We arrived at ToonTown at around 5:15pm, and it was packed. The character lines were all very long, so we left and did rides instead.

Also interested in knowing which trails they were - before 5pm even? Were they checking wristbands? B/c there's still a ton of non-party people at that point.

I've also been fretting about the restrictions. Mine will likely be okay, but funnily enough my bf will be wearing a similar Pooh onesie "union suit!" I've found one thread on reddit that seems to say those types of things are ok in the parks. I'm interested to hear whatever you experience! (We are going 10/13 as Pooh and Hunny)

Thanks for all your help, everyone! I really appreciate it. I think I will just go with my handful of safety pins (just in case!) and hope for the best. I will make sure that my feet are showing at the bag check, hahaha!

DizHanna, I will be going on 10/31, so you will get the onsie experience before me! I think the only problem with it is just that it might be too hot for me to wear. I might rent a locker inside the park and stash my dress in there so I can change if my Pooh suit is too much for me.

I've also been fretting about the restrictions. Mine will likely be okay, but funnily enough my bf will be wearing a similar Pooh onesie "union suit!" I've found one thread on reddit that seems to say those types of things are ok in the parks. I'm interested to hear whatever you experience! (We are going 10/13 as Pooh and Hunny)
Your BF will be fine in the Winnie the Pooh onesie. They are a popular costume for adults in a variety of characters - Pooh and Friends, Sully from Monsters Inc, Dalmatians. As PPs have said, they can be quite warm. Party goers started with the hood on and fully zipped up, but by the end of the evening quite a few had the hood off and no longer zipped up all the way to the neck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter