2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

We went straight to Toontown and it was a very long wait in the pen. My DH had gone back to the hotel for costumes and said lines were bad and first line he tried wouldn't let him right in but he tried another line and they did. For that reason I don't recommend leaving.

They got right into ToonTown and we were in our second character line. Go in and find what character you want to see before lines get long. They started out short but got long quick. I don't know if it's always the same but Minnie was a candy corn princess and she switched out with Daisy who I think was a witch. Mickey was Zoro and switched out with a wizard Donald.

Don't wait in lines for the ToT. A lot of lines outside of the theater by Toontown & Main St. but the walk in between was deserted. It's the path that looks like rocks, hopefully someone better aquatinted can give the name. It's a great path with no one there and a lot of trails.

Thanks for your review! We're not new to DL but are new to the Halloween party - going on 31st/we have PH that day also. A few questions about your review:

1. we have magic morning the morning of our party, plus hoppers, plus the party. My kids are 6, 4, 1 - I was hoping to take them back for a nap between 1-3. You mentioned your husband left and came back - is 3pm going to be terrible coming back to get in line for the preparty/admission in general? If it is, maybe I'll try to push it up and be back before they open the gates for party people.

2. Are the characters at the preparty on the map anywhere? Or is Minnie just meeting at her house per usual?

3. Can you explain what ToT is (I'm assuming some sort of treat trail?) I'm pretty familiar with DL but I'm totally confused by what you're talking about as far as what this path is and what it goes to. haha.

Thank you!

I did not see him. The Columbia location featured Peter Pan and Wendy or Pirate Mickey and Minnie. I had heard he was meeting guests on TSI during the day (I didn't get over there so I don't know for sure).

Are Pirate Mickey and Minnie out during the day or is this the party only?

2. Are the characters at the preparty on the map anywhere? Or is Minnie just meeting at her house per usual?

They are not on a map during the preparty. When you walk up the walkway into Toontown you will see the characters and the lines to get into to take the pictures.

However, The characters during the regular party are on the map.

Is Jack Sparrow at the party this year for picture taking?
We were at the party on Friday the 22nd and Jack Sparrow was definitely out at one of the meet and greet photo spots during the party, he was at the entry location for the paddlewheel ship, longish line but nothing near as bad as the Oogie popcorn bucket. You had to be looking, you wouldn't notice what character was taking a turn without checking closely. He looked Amazing!! But if you asked over there they might be able to tell you if he is scheduled for a turn. We've taken pictures with him on Disney cruises so we didn't do it here. He looked Perfect.

I was there on Monday. These answers were my experiences on that day.
I don't want to try and get back in at 3 with everyone else so I was hoping to get my bracelets earlier in the day and come back around 4 in the hopes that the crowds at the gates have calmed down. Any advice is appreciated.
We arrived shortly after 3 and the lines to enter were very short. I heard that there was a very long line right at 3, but it must have moved quickly or they opened up more entrances. I can't imagine long lines at 4pm/
If they are roaming - will they stop and take pics with you? Still fairly new to DLR vs. WDW and the roaming is both awesome and confusing to me, haha!
The do stop and they even chase some people. I was sitting on the bench there waiting for the second parade and watched the roaming characters walk around. Gaston had a crowd the whole time and every time I looked at him, he was hugging little girls. Maleficent had a following. She would walk around with people following her and would stop to talk some of the time. I did see her doing pictures with people dressed up like her. Queen of Hearts circled the area the whole time and would occasionally go up behind people and startle them. She chased a couple people off the street. It was really funny. Her face looks very angry and I didn't see anyone stop for photos or to talk to her.
Did you go through the AP treat trail in the theatre right at the front of Main Street? Was there one this year? Last year there was one and you got an AP small canvas treat bag to collect the rest of your treats. Wondering if we should expect the same again this year or not?
No AP trail this year. We saw a sign in New Orleans Square that said AP photo Op, but there was nothing there when we walked past it around 6:00pm. They must have done something with it at a specific time or maybe they just never did anything.

If they are roaming - will they stop and take pics with you? Still fairly new to DLR vs. WDW and the roaming is both awesome and confusing to me, haha!
We've encountered roaming characters at DL before. They seem to try very hard to evade photo stops (probably because a line forms if they stop), almost to the point of being comical. So your experience could be hit or miss.

No AP trail this year. We saw a sign in New Orleans Square that said AP photo Op, but there was nothing there when we walked past it around 6:00pm. They must have done something with it at a specific time or maybe they just never did anything.
There was a ridiculously huge line for the AP photo op at the first party. Yes, it was at NOS. I'm thinking it just wasn't ready at 6PM at your party. We walked by it around 7:30.

Quick note. ToT=Trick or Treating. You can get Zero magic shots during the day. The photographer I mentioned in another thread got them. Unfortunately having trouble with that shot from a different photographer

I am curious as to the Zero shot. I got a Zero shot last year, I was making a weird face and my niece was blinking though so I didnt save that one. Is the AP special zero magic shot just the same one from last year? If so what a bummer.

If I can't get there tonight until around 5, how long of a wait can I expect in Standby for GOG (I know it will be the Halloween overlay and can't remember what it is called) :-).

If I can't get there tonight until around 5, how long of a wait can I expect in Standby for GOG (I know it will be the Halloween overlay and can't remember what it is called) :-).

See my response in your other thread. You won't be able to ride either version of GOG at 5pm because it closes from 4-6pm to change to Monsters After Dark...

I love seeing them when they wander. We were walking around New Orleans Square and Dr. Facilier was walking towards us and chatting with his "handler". I looked at him and said "My favorite!" expecting him to smile and just keep walking (I had actually thought he was on his way to a break). He stopped and talked with me for a while, looked at the pins on my lanyard, pointed out the one of him and he also pointed out his "friends" (villains). Then he said that we had to take a picture. He was wonderful and it really was a magical moment! Stuff like that makes it super special!

0906171228f.jpg

Thanks for all the replies about the roaming characters!! This sounds so fun! Although I think if I saw a character I wanted to meet and couldn't get a picture I'd get pretty sad. The PP about Woody just walking away sounds a bit disenchanting. It sounds like it will either be magical or possible awkward, lol. Do you guys just walk up and ask them nicely?

See my response in your other thread. You won't be able to ride either version of GOG at 5pm because it closes from 4-6pm to change to Monsters After Dark...

I managed to get here early so I plan to standby it when the doors open at 3 :). Thank you!!

We left the park today around 1:30 and no lines to get in for those of you wondering about coming in on MHP nights.

For those of you who want to dress up for MHP who want to buy tickets for the day I think you'll be fine. We saw women dressed up as Tinklebell and Periwinkle too around 1:00 in the park in line talking to a CM who had no problem with them dressed up before the official time. I'd think they'd be harder on someone in costume their characters too if they were going to care since kids like mine were drawn to them.

Still saw fun characters right at the front by Lincoln. Saw Goofy dressed up for the first time since we got it here as a skeleton. Also saw the Queen of Hearts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter