• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

Can someone help me?

Can I purchase tickets in advance as a Disney Vacation Club member? (DVC?) . I seem to remember last year getting to early.
This is a quote from the information on today's blog
Tickets to the private Mickey’s Halloween Party, featuring special entertainment and trick-or-treating at locations throughout Disneyland park, go on sale July 17 for Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa Card holders; and July 24 for the general public. Tickets may be purchased online and on mobile devices at Disneyland.com/party as well as at the Disneyland Resort main gate and by phone at 714-781-4400. Please click here for event dates and ticket prices.
here's a link to the blog
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...returns-september-15-through-october-31-2017/

Adding on to what PHXscuba posted here earlier about the Dia de los Muertos/Coco/A Bug's Land fun in DCA this year, I just saw this snippet too --

"Guests who cruise into Cars Land between Sept. 15-Oct. 31, 2017, will find that Ramone, one of the citizens of Cars Land, also pays tribute to Día de los Muertos. Ramone celebrates this time when families gather to remember their loved ones with a full-sized Sugar Skull Car and a traditional 'ofrenda' display honoring the gone, but not forgotten, Doc Hudson.

Disneyland Park will continue to offer its traditional Día de los Muertos skeleton display in Frontierland, from Sept. 15-Nov. 2, 2017."

http://disneylandnews.com/2017/07/1...irit-of-dia-de-los-muertos-beginning-sept-15/

Are the phones even open still. It's 6:35 and I have been on hold for 50 minutes. Would I even know if they went home for the day???????

OK answering my own questions. Presales for AP holders, Disney Visa Card holders and DVC members. Phones open till 10pm. It took me 1h and 10 min to get someone to help. :) .

I'm a DVC member so just called to purchase a ticket for the party. I went through the whole process before they told me that it would be an additional $25 to ship to the UK!

Apparently, when the tickets go on general sale, I'll be able to purchase a e-ticket on line so I am going to hold off and try next week.
I really hope they don't sell out in the meantime but looking at previous years, I should be OK (I hope so anyway!)

We're AP holders and wanted to purchase with a couple gift cards because online only lets us apply 1. Is the $25 for everyone doing phone orders right now? Or just because you're in the UK?

They did confirm that there will be some MHP AP exclusives this year: "Special Passholder photo location and merchandise" (my guess is a pin and t-shirt, like they've done in the past) - this was in the AP email about tickets that I got this afternoon.

How do you get on the email list? For some reason, I occasionally get emails for my son's pass and I receive physical mail for my husband. I can't figure out how I get all the emails for myself! LOL

Sorry a bit off topic. We arrive in the afternoon on Oct 27 so the only night we can do a party is Halloween night. Which is fine. But I'm wondering if WOC will be showing on the 27th. We are thinking about the dessert package so we can sit for the show this year.

Tlc

My last Halloween Time Superthread was started in 2016, and the first page had 2016 information. Every Halloween Time Superthread I did (dating back to 2010) was extremely popular, had many, many participants and views, and grew to be very, very long. I spent countless hours assembling and organizing information and photos in each thread. However, real life sometimes gets in the way, and I can't spend every waking moment on this board. So I am sorry if you were disappointed with my last thread. :goodvibes

Hi @Sherry E I have not been on the boards for a while, but I still like to check back in your Holiday Superthreads (such a wealth of information, even for this local AP) . I was sad to see that you were no longer the keeper of the thread, but understand why you had to step way. I imagine it is a huge undertaking, especially with all the new updates this year. I am happy to see you " here " sharing your expertise. Also I am glad someone was brave to step up and tackle the job with the new thread. (some big shoes to fill)

Hi everyone. I apologise if this has been asked already and I missed it...
We will be visiting the resort for a single day September 7 this year and the Halloween celebrations halloween don't officially kick off until the week after, but will merchandise be in select store by this stage namely World of Disney/Emporium/Elias & Co.
I hope to be able to snag a few things to bring home to so I can decorate my house when the season comes to town properly. Thanks Guys.

Sorry a bit off topic. We arrive in the afternoon on Oct 27 so the only night we can do a party is Halloween night. Which is fine. But I'm wondering if WOC will be showing on the 27th. We are thinking about the dessert package so we can sit for the show this year.

Tlc

Is the 27th a Friday? It should be running, I would think.

Hi @Sherry E I have not been on the boards for a while, but I still like to check back in your Holiday Superthreads (such a wealth of information, even for this local AP) . I was sad to see that you were no longer the keeper of the thread, but understand why you had to step way. I imagine it is a huge undertaking, especially with all the new updates this year. I am happy to see you " here " sharing your expertise. Also I am glad someone was brave to step up and tackle the job with the new thread. (some big shoes to fill)

:wave: Hi there, stranger! :wave: Thank you for the kind words! Actually, I never planned to step away for good. I just had to step away from the thread last year to deal with some other things. I assumed the thread would have gone on in my absence because no one in it really needed me, specifically, to continue discussing and planning.

And I had planned on resuming thread duties this year, for both Halloween Time and the Holidays -- but threads had already been started, so I didn't, and then I just got involved in other things that are going to ultimately take up quite a bit of time. I can just pick the threads back up next year, perhaps.

People really just want a place to talk about the seasons and their plans. At the end of the day, I don't think it mattered whether I was at the helm of a thread or not. Also, given all of the work I put in over the years, assembling and organizing info for Halloween Time and the Holidays -- in that kind of situation, in those kinds of Superthreads, people often completely ignore the info that is there (on the first page), but then others will complain if the posts have not been updated (I have seen that happen many times, for years). :rotfl: So it is a no-win situation!!

In any case, I am here for the moment! :dancer::dancer:

Hi everyone. I apologise if this has been asked already and I missed it...
We will be visiting the resort for a single day September 7 this year and the Halloween celebrations halloween don't officially kick off until the week after, but will merchandise be in select store by this stage namely World of Disney/Emporium/Elias & Co.
I hope to be able to snag a few things to bring home to so I can decorate my house when the season comes to town properly. Thanks Guys.

I would not be shocked if some merchandise starts appearing by August in at least World of Disney, if not the other 2 stores you mentioned as well. Figment_jii might have a better recollection of when exactly the merchandise began appearing last year -- I know that MiceChat also posts photos in articles when the Halloween items start hitting the shelves -- and can possibly give you an idea.

I think there should be a lot of Halloween items in the assorted shops by your trip.

Just booked our MHP tickets with our Disney Visa Debit card over the phone! I waited on hold for 1 hr 10 min before someone picked up! It is true that the party ticket is a park hopper this year so you can enjoy some Halloween time over at DCA (saw some comments doubting this a few pages back). We are excited!

So Happy Anniversary to us, DH and I are doing the party on the 13th, which is our actual anniversary. Pixie dust it doesn't sell out before I can buy them!

My DW said NO to the second party due to the cost increase... So I will secure my Party tickets for one party, and I'm still trying to find some savings to justify the 2nd party....

?

I am having this issue with DH as well, I would love to do a second one but DH just doesn't see the value in it.

Note this quote from the Disney Parks Blog:

New this year for Mickey’s Halloween Party guests, Disney California Adventure park will be featured for the first time as part of the pre-party mix-in

Makes me more sure thetr will be something extra for party guests at DCA, I could just be being hopeful though.

We're AP holders and wanted to purchase with a couple gift cards because online only lets us apply 1. Is the $25 for everyone doing phone orders right now? Or just because you're in the UK?

I think I read earlier in the thread that people were being charged $5 to ship tickets. The $25 fee was for international shipping and they said I could not use Will Call, I had to have them shipped to me. I'm going to sit tight until I can purchase an e-ticket when they go on general sale

I had no idea it was gay days - we are gay, now doubly excited :) I have to look up what goes on during gay days!! Thanks for letting me know!
Here's a link to the website that has all the activities. http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com/ That is not officially part of Disneyland, but Disneyland does a lot to support the event. There will be rainbow Tshirts and desserts for sale. Last year, they also had several CMs doing photo ops with rainbow frames. You will see tons of red Tshirts walking around that weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter