• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

My last Halloween Time Superthread was started in 2016, and the first page had 2016 information. Every Halloween Time Superthread I did (dating back to 2010) was extremely popular, had many, many participants and views, and grew to be very, very long. I spent countless hours assembling and organizing information and photos in each thread. However, real life sometimes gets in the way, and I can't spend every waking moment on this board. So I am sorry if you were disappointed with my last thread. :goodvibes

:confused3 I'm not following? The one I was referring to no longer had updates after around mid-September and had some of the previous years info, so I must not be thinking of yours. That's great that your threads are really popular, though! The DIS is such a fun place to discuss Disney!

But on the plus side, you will get to see Fantasmic plus fireworks on Friday night vs being closed and paying extra for MHP and the crowd might be a little less crazy and I'm guessing (correct me if I am wrong) the parks in general will be quieter with Labor Day over, plus Halloween hasn't started, plus school being in session.

From research of past years, usually Halloween time starts the Friday after Labor Day. Which would be the 8th. But this year they pushed it back another week. I wasn't planning to be there for the Halloween Party anyway in either situation. But now I will also be there when overlays are being installed, which wouldn't have been the case.

Now I just called to book river bell the 9 or 10 of September and they said it's closed for renovations. So frustrating. We can't win.

Did anyone post the Dia de Los Muertos info from the Parks blog yet?

"This fall and winter, guests at Disney California Adventure park will have the opportunity to celebrate family and the spirit of the Mexican tradition of Día de los Muertos, the Day of the Dead. Starting with a new seasonal experience from Sept. 15 through Nov. 2, this immersive celebration will include special entertainment, featuring musicians and dancers, interactive activities — including a representation of Mexican folk art — and special décor and food inspired by this Mexican celebration of family.

The celebration will feature the upcoming Disney•Pixar animated motion picture, “Coco,” with special themed experiences inspired by the film. Select elements of the celebration will move to “a bug’s land” beginning Sunday, Nov. 5, where they will be presented alongside a special sneak peek of the film, which will continue through the holiday season until Jan. 7, 2018.

Join us and celebrate with your family at Disney California Adventure park!"

Wow, they are really pushing the CA end of Halloween. Especially with the "Coco" movie tie-in. I suspect this will be sort of like the Viva Navidad stuff introduced last Christmas season.

PHXscuba

I used a Disney Gift Card to by mine this morning.

Made a special trip to the store to buy a GC. 4X the fuel points at our store. Which will eventually save me $70 in fuel. Have to find savings where I can....
Nice savings! Yeah, I've got to get some savings into my budget so I'm gonna wait until purchases open to the general public so I can buy with my gift cards (I'm just a DV cardholder and I believe we have to charge it on our Visa to get the early tickets). Ugh, time to go scare up some patience until the 24th!

They did confirm that there will be some MHP AP exclusives this year: "Special Passholder photo location and merchandise" (my guess is a pin and t-shirt, like they've done in the past) - this was in the AP email about tickets that I got this afternoon.
I keep looking for my email notice.....
I even checked to see if my email was noted on my AP account.

Still nothing....

I keep looking for my email notice.....
I even checked to see if my email was noted on my AP account. Still nothing....
Disney emails seem somewhat random...I don't know why some folks get them and some folks do not. I've not been able to figure it out. You might call Passholder Services and see what email address they have linked to your AP. When I first set up my AP account on Disneyland.com, I learned at the AP email address used on Disneyland.com is not necessarily the same one that is associated with your AP even if you register your AP with Disneyland.com. Aside from the line about the AP photo location and merchandise, there isn't anything else in the email that wasn't announced elsewhere.

I saw the Blog post and was initially a bit confused, but it sounds like Dia de Los Muertos will be in DL from 9/15 through 11/2 (or there about) like normal and then some elements will move over to DCA from 11/5 through 1/7. A Bug's Land seems like a kind of odd place to stick it. From the previews I've seen of Coco, it doesn't seem like would be much of a natural fit with Bug's Land. It will be interesting to see how they merge Dia de Los Muertos with Coco (I can see that one) with Bug's Land.

:confused3 I'm not following? The one I was referring to no longer had updates after around mid-September and had some of the previous years info, so I must not be thinking of yours. That's great that your threads are really popular, though! The DIS is such a fun place to discuss Disney!

Yep. That was my thread you saw, the one to which you are/were referring. It had newer info and info from previous years in it. As I mentioned before, life gets in the way, so I stopped updating it after a certain point.

Did anyone post the Dia de Los Muertos info from the Parks blog yet?

"This fall and winter, guests at Disney California Adventure park will have the opportunity to celebrate family and the spirit of the Mexican tradition of Día de los Muertos, the Day of the Dead. Starting with a new seasonal experience from Sept. 15 through Nov. 2, this immersive celebration will include special entertainment, featuring musicians and dancers, interactive activities — including a representation of Mexican folk art — and special décor and food inspired by this Mexican celebration of family.

The celebration will feature the upcoming Disney•Pixar animated motion picture, “Coco,” with special themed experiences inspired by the film. Select elements of the celebration will move to “a bug’s land” beginning Sunday, Nov. 5, where they will be presented alongside a special sneak peek of the film, which will continue through the holiday season until Jan. 7, 2018.

Join us and celebrate with your family at Disney California Adventure park!"

Wow, they are really pushing the CA end of Halloween. Especially with the "Coco" movie tie-in. I suspect this will be sort of like the Viva Navidad stuff introduced last Christmas season.

PHXscuba

Thank you, PHX!

I posted the link to both the Halloween Time Parks Blog and the big press release here on a previous page -- but the Dia de los Muertos blog came in while I was suffering from a heat-induced headache and had to slap an ice pack on my head. I didn't even see it until right now, when I read your post!

Although we don't seem to be getting the 2 promised DCA ride overlays that MiceChat said were coming this year, they do seem to be correct when they say that Disney/TDA is working to get people used to Halloween being in DCA. It seems to all be part of a transition to bring Halloween over to DCA and thin out some of the crowds in Disneyland when Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opens in 2 years.

But I agree with figment_jii that the Bug's Land location is a bit curious.

Although we don't seem to be getting the 2 promised DCA ride overlays that MiceChat said were coming this year, they do seem to be correct when they say that Disney/TDA is working to get people used to Halloween being in DCA.
They got the number right, just not which attractions... :rotfl: Maybe next year...

Not sure if this has been asked yet but as an annual pass holder, am I able to buy party tickets with my discount for friends, that are going with us, that aren't annual pass holders? Will there be an issue at gate entry?

I bought ours this morning online but I want to be sure before buying theirs

Our friends that are AP holders purchased our tickets this morning. We have to enter with them since the tickets are under their account but no problem as long as you all go to the gate together.

That's not true. I (an AP holder) bought tickets for my sister's family (non-AP holders) during the AP presale, but they didn't need to enter with me when they joined us for last year's MHP.

The email receipt said the tickets were for "Annual Passholder Mickey's Halloween Party (Date)" but there was nothing printed on the actual hard tickets that indicated they were bought by an AP holder or any name(s) attached to the tickets.

My sister's family and mine ended up staying at different hotels and arrived for the party separately. She didn't have any problems getting in with the tickets that I bought for her even without me present. Similarly, when we entered, the cast member just scanned our tickets and gave us wristbands; they didn't check for ID or AP.

Last edited:
They got the number right, just not which attractions... :rotfl: Maybe next year...

That is the truth! They were completely off about which rides would get any kind of overlay. Not even one of the ones MiceChat mentioned is getting a makeover (or so it seems from all of the info that has come out)!:rotfl:

I (an AP holder) bought tickets for my sister's family (non-AP holders) during the AP presale, but they didn't need to enter with me when they joined us for last year's MHP.

Good to know, thanks! My AP holder friends had it wrong apparently.

That's not true. I (an AP holder) bought tickets for my sister's family (non-AP holders) during the AP presale, but they didn't need to enter with me when they joined us for last year's MHP.

The email receipt said the tickets were for "Annual Passholder Mickey's Halloween Party (Date)" but there was nothing printed on the actual hard tickets that indicated they were bought by an AP holder or any name(s) attached to the tickets.

My sister's family and mine ended up staying at different hotels and arrived for the party separately. She didn't have any problems getting in with the tickets that I bought for her even without me present. Similarly, when we entered, the cast member just scanned our tickets and gave us wristbands; they didn't check for ID or AP.

Ok thank you for the info! I didn't want to spend the money and then be out of luck when they are just coming along with us that night :)

Can someone help me?

Can I purchase tickets in advance as a Disney Vacation Club member? (DVC?) . I seem to remember last year getting to early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter