• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

What happens to those of us that are NOT paying to go to MHP? We will be there Sept 18-22. I imagine things will be super crowded from 3-6...but then we should be able to go over to CA during the party right?
Historically, yes, the overlap period has been quite busy in DL. It'll be interesting to see how the things go with the overlap period this year, now that the MHP tickets include the ability to visit DCA during that to,e. I would expect both parks to be pretty busy during the overlap. Once the party starts, I expect most MHP guests to head over to DL and the non-MHP guests (with park hoppers) to head to DCA. Reports usually indicate that DCA is pretty busy during MHP nights.

Not sure if this has been asked yet but as an annual pass holder, am I able to buy party tickets with my discount for friends, that are going with us, that aren't annual pass holders? Will there be an issue at gate entry?

I bought ours this morning online but I want to be sure before buying theirs

Our friends that are AP holders purchased our tickets this morning. We have to enter with them since the tickets are under their account but no problem as long as you all go to the gate together.

It's been two years since we attended a Halloween party. We are so excited for all of the new things we missed last year (the parade, headless horseman), and all of the new decorations being added to DCA are just the cherry on top! The concept art for Haul-O-Ween at Carsland looks awesome.

Carsland looks like it will be so much fun!! And I'm glad they very clearly stated out DCA access is for the pre-party time. (Funny thing in the article- did anyone else notice the complete lack of pricing information for the party in the parks blog? Minor detail that.)

It's very interesting how all of this Halloween info is released, because, while most of it is the same across the Parks Blog, the press release and the DLR website, there are certain details mentioned in each place that are not mentioned in all 3 places (if that makes sense). I find that I have to keep going back and reading the info in each place to get all of the details.

For example, on the DLR website, the Headless Horseman statue on Buena Vista Street is mentioned... but I don't see that statue mentioned in the Blog or in the press release.

Then, the Parks Blog mentions that all of Buena Vista Street will have Nightmare Before Christmas-themed decorations (not just Oogie Boogie over the DCA entrance and a bunch of bats, in other words), but I don't see that detail mentioned in the press release or on the DLR website.

Then, in the press release, they mention Scary the Scarecar and a couple of other things that I don't think are mentioned on the DLR website or in the Parks Blog.

:rotfl2::headache:

So, really, we have to cross-reference between all 3 places to get the full scope of what's happening for Halloween Time. There are a lot of details to process, scattered about.

Cars Land is such a detailed land even without any kind of seasonal overlay, so whenever there are themed decorations added to the land, it is a lot to take in!

Just wanted to say thank you to @dtrain for starting this thread! There was a thread last year but it lacked any real updates on the current years (2016) events and kinda fizzled out, so it's great to see a fresh new one (a busy one at that - 28 pages!!) created this year! :woohoo: It's so nice to have one central place for info and comments about all things Halloweentime! :) We're planning our trip now, just haven't locked any days in...

Haven't got all the way through the thread yet, but I was shocked about the price increases, seems like they jumped a whole bunch. I'm not sure they really added anything to increase the value by that much, either. Oh well....gotta start stashing $$ for next Monday!

:tink:BTW: Happy Birthday, Disneyland!

Super excited - we got tickets today for Friday 10/6. We are disney Visa card holders. It is pricey but we have never been to Disneyland for Halloween before. We did Disney World one year and loved it. I am also excited that it counts as a park hopper ticket since this gives us a chance to see DCA which we weren't planning on doing - only there for 2 nights - wish I had more vacation time (and money). Now we have to get our costumes ready!

Just wanted to say thank you to @dtrain for starting this thread! There was a thread last year but it lacked any real updates on the current years (2016) events and kinda fizzled out, so it's great to see a fresh new one (a busy one at that - 28 pages!!) created this year! :woohoo: It's so nice to have one central place for info and comments about all things Halloweentime! :) We're planning our trip now, just haven't locked any days in...

Haven't got all the way through the thread yet, but I was shocked about the price increases, seems like they jumped a whole bunch. I'm not sure they really added anything to increase the value by that much, either. Oh well....gotta start stashing $$ for next Monday!

:tink:BTW: Happy Birthday, Disneyland!

My last Halloween Time Superthread was started in 2016, and the first page had 2016 information. Every Halloween Time Superthread I did (dating back to 2010) was extremely popular, had many, many participants and views, and grew to be very, very long. I spent countless hours assembling and organizing information and photos in each thread. However, real life sometimes gets in the way, and I can't spend every waking moment on this board. So I am sorry if you were disappointed with my last thread. :goodvibes

I'm a DVC member so just called to purchase a ticket for the party. I went through the whole process before they told me that it would be an additional $25 to ship to the UK!
Apparently, when the tickets go on general sale, I'll be able to purchase a e-ticket on line so I am going to hold off and try next week.
I really hope they don't sell out in the meantime but looking at previous years, I should be OK (I hope so anyway!)

I'm a DVC member so just called to purchase a ticket for the party. I went through the whole process before they told me that it would be an additional $25 to ship to the UK!
Apparently, when the tickets go on general sale, I'll be able to purchase a e-ticket on line so I am going to hold off and try next week.
I really hope they don't sell out in the meantime but looking at previous years, I should be OK (I hope so anyway!)

Wow! That's a hefty additional charge, on top of an already expensive ticket. I think you're right -- the e-ticket is the better option for you.

The tickets won't sell out quite yet, I don't think -- especially with the price increases this year. I think there is usually a bit of sticker shock when the ticket prices become known anyway, but people usually have a week or two to think about what they are going to do before the tickets go on sale. This time, there wasn't a lot of notice, and we only knew the tickets were about to go on sale because the prices appeared on the DLR website a couple of days ahead of time.

I suspect that a lot of people will take some time to figure out exactly which nights they can go, or if it is even worth it to go this year.

My last Halloween Time Superthread was started in 2016, and the first page had 2016 information. Every Halloween Time Superthread I did (dating back to 2010) was extremely popular, had many, many participants and views, and grew to be very, very long. I spent countless hours assembling and organizing information and photos in each thread. However, real life sometimes gets in the way, and I can't spend every waking moment on this board. So I am sorry if you were disappointed with my last thread. :goodvibes
I'm just excited you're back with all the info and ready to share with everyone. :goodvibes

Wow! That's a hefty additional charge, on top of an already expensive ticket. I think you're right -- the e-ticket is the better option for you.

The tickets won't sell out quite yet, I don't think -- especially with the price increases this year. I think there is usually a bit of sticker shock when the ticket prices become known anyway, but people usually have a week or two to think about what they are going to do before the tickets go on sale. This time, there wasn't a lot of notice, and we only knew the tickets were about to go on sale because the prices appeared on the DLR website a couple of days ahead of time.

I suspect that a lot of people will take some time to figure out exactly which nights they can go, or if it is even worth it to go this year.

Thanks for reassuring me :) I really want to go to the party. I did it a couple of years ago and loved it. Even though the prices are crazy this year, there is enough on offer to make me want to go

Now to start speculating on what cool merch designs will be available. Popcorn bucket, tiki mug, t-shirt and pins for me.....hopefully they do a better job spacing out the inventory this year so it isn't all sold out by the last couple parties. I'd love to see a specific t-shirt or pin commemorating the 10/13 (Friday the 13th!) party being that it's a rare one.

Just wanted to say thank you to @dtrain for starting this thread!

You're welcome :)

They did confirm that there will be some MHP AP exclusives this year: "Special Passholder photo location and merchandise" (my guess is a pin and t-shirt, like they've done in the past) - this was in the AP email about tickets that I got this afternoon.

Now to start speculating on what cool merch designs will be available. Popcorn bucket, tiki mug, t-shirt and pins for me.....hopefully they do a better job spacing out the inventory this year so it isn't all sold out by the last couple parties. I'd love to see a specific t-shirt or pin commemorating the 10/13 (Friday the 13th!) party being that it's a rare one.

Can't wait for the merchandise! We normally visit towards the end of holiday seasons when everything is sold out, but we will be there the last week of September this year. I'm really wanting to get the poison apple mug! I know they were super popular two years ago; did they have them last year too?

I recall seeing them around the parks last year; I think they were more readily available last year because they weren't "new". Hopefully they'll have them again this year, but given that they've been around for two years in a row, there is a chance that they won't have them again this year. We might get our first indications of specialty souvie items (like popcorn buckets and mugs) towards the end of August when MNSSHP begins in WDW (they sometimes have the same things at DLR) or if the Parks Blog does a post about the merchandise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter