2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

DLR hasn't announced anything regarding the HalloweenTime souvies yet. They've had the Poison Apple Stein for the past two years, so it's possible that they won't be back this year. On the other hand, they weren't MHP-exclusives, so if they do have them, they should be available all day (when in stock).

What date(s) and how many are you hoping for a Halloween Tea?

Geemo
Just two, and anytime between Sept 29 and Oct 3. I know it's a long shot but it doesn't hurt to try, right?
Raya, I was updating my reservations today and found an Afternoon Tea Sunday, October 1, 2017 (12:15 PM, Special) Party size of 2
If you're interested message me. I can cancel and you to pick up the reservation.

G

Last edited:
Last edited:
  • Slow Burnin’ Mac & Cheese Cone (Cozy Cone Motel) – fresh-cooked pasta with spicy red pepper cheese sauce, served in a Black Cauldron Cone and topped with crushed chile-cheese puffs;
Man I want the Black Cauldron Cone but dont like the sound of Spicy Mac N Cheese

I had the bacon mac and cheese cone last year and it was delish-but how do they make the cone black.... I have a weird thing against eating anything that looks like it might have mold on it even if it doesnt. I remember a fast food place doing a halloween burger with a black bun and all I could think of was how could you tell if it had mold or not when its black bread. Yes - I do hear myself and yes I get that I am a little special for thinking about such things.

I had the bacon mac and cheese cone last year and it was delish-but how do they make the cone black.... I have a weird thing against eating anything that looks like it might have mold on it even if it doesnt. I remember a fast food place doing a halloween burger with a black bun and all I could think of was how could you tell if it had mold or not when its black bread. Yes - I do hear myself and yes I get that I am a little special for thinking about such things.
Its most likely just black food coloring or some kind of natural food colorant like charcoal, black cocoa beans or even squid ink haha But i assume it will be just black food coloring same way they make the churros, icing, candy, etc. different colors.

My first thought was squid ink. Charcoal has become a popular item lately, too.

For mold, I think you would be able to see some discoloration on the bread. Doesn't it usually appear dark bit with a ring of white?

Just two, and anytime between Sept 29 and Oct 3. I know it's a long shot but it doesn't hurt to try, right?

Raya, I was updating my reservations today and found an Afternoon Tea Sunday, October 1, 2017 (12:15 PM, Special) Party size of 2
If you're interested message me. I can cancel and you to pick up the reservation.

G

I got it!!! This board and Geemo in particular, is made of magic.

:love:pixiedust::jumping1:

Well SCORE!! You're having Afternoon Tea!!!

I think I'm as happy as you are that it all worked out. I'm glad to help.

Geemo

just saw these while browsing
22codg.jpg

And the not complete enterance to DCA
11r6oh5.jpg

I'm sooooooo ready to go already! It's stuck in my head and I keep singing "Are you ready? Yeah! Really ready? Yeah! Are you ready for Halloween? Everybody jump, jump! Shake, shake! Come and scream! Let's get ready for HALL-O-WEEEEEN!!" and I think my family's starting to get annoyed! lol

... just realized they don't play that song during the parade anymore! Boo!!! Oh well, the new parade is fun, too!

I really like the music for the Frightfully Fun parade last year and my son watches the video of the parade enough times that I know the words to the "Its Halloween" song. I am a little bummed that they are retooling the parade to make it less spooky. I feel like it was just the right mix of spooky and family friendly. If my niece wasn't scared of the parade then it wasn't too scary because she gets scared of everything and she loved the parade.

Are there any villains who are pretty standard? My kids are young so I'm trying to get them familiar with characters so it's more fun.

Characters are always subject to change, but it seems like the most common ones to see in the parks include: Cruella DeVil (101 Dalmations), the Evil Queen (Snow White), Captain Hook (Peter Pan), Dr. Facilier (Princess & the Frog), and Darth Vader (Star Wars).

The party has a Villains meet and greet by the Main Street Train Station, which usually features three villains (two faces plus one head character). They rotate through the night, but it's usually the same characters for all of the parties, so after reports come in from the first party, we should have a good idea who the characters will be this year. In part years, I've seen Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty), Lady Tremaine and the Step Sisters (Cinderella), Jafar (Aladdin), Hades (Hercules), and/or Ratcliffe (Pocahontas) - not all of them in all of the years, except Maleficent (she's been pretty consistent at MHP).

My costume thing came! Okay, it's not really a costume, but it's certainly something appropriate to wear at Disney at Halloween.

I'm trying not to spoil it, but here is a hint:
upload_2017-9-5_19-57-29.jpeg

And we ordered my daughter's costume ... her hint: it's a Studio Ghibli character (she says that's it's kinda Disney since Disney owns the distribution rights in North America).

Sooo excited, even though there is a lot of days, and a few projects to finish, between now and when we go.

They're retooling the parade? Did they say what is being changed?

Ok I would've sworn that I heard that they were making a few changes to make it a little less scary...but where I heard that now I have no idea. I looked around at the usual suspects (parks blog, touring plans, the undercover tourist, the Disney tourist blog) but I cant find a thing. Maybe I am wrong since I cant find the info anywhere now.

I did see a rumor about a possible Halloween WOC for next year though...I think I know where i'll be spending next years fall break :cloud9:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter