2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

For anyone hoping to get a Dooney - the D&B Facebook groups are already practically salivating at the thought of getting a PHM Dooney and last year the bags sold out. When they are posted I would HIGHLY recommend pre-ordering you bag(s)!

I was going to 100% reserve the bag if I wanted it, then get there to pick out my print if possible.

Tinkerbell was sold out by 4pm on day 1; missed it by an hour!

i just wish they would have had more commemorative items for sale. The Princess half marathon is going to be my first Disney race ever and i didn't realize those items sold out as quick as the race. Just doing a little pouting here. LOL!! I hope they have something at the race expo i can buy. Anyone know if they do??

Yeah, i mean - between eBay sellers and personal shoppers, it can get nuts. :eek:

I think this is especially true since the princess prints have almost nothing race-specific on them (at least that's how it's been for the past 2 years)...they appeal more to non-runners. Just take off the race weekend tag and it's like you have a Disney princess bag, not a PHM bag.

Definitely. I had so many people ask me about that bag during my trip, and none of them really knew anything about the race. It's a beautiful bag. I don't blame anyone.

I was going to 100% reserve the bag if I wanted it, then get there to pick out my print if possible.

Tinkerbell was sold out by 4pm on day 1; missed it by an hour!

The pre-order will open before we see the design, if it's like past years.

i just wish they would have had more commemorative items for sale. The Princess half marathon is going to be my first Disney race ever and i didn't realize those items sold out as quick as the race. Just doing a little pouting here. LOL!! I hope they have something at the race expo i can buy. Anyone know if they do??

They will have a lot of merchandise, but it does get picked over quickly. I advise to get there as soon as possible and go to the official merch before your pick up your packet.

Definitely. I had so many people ask me about that bag during my trip, and none of them really knew anything about the race. It's a beautiful bag. I don't blame anyone.

The pre-order will open before we see the design, if it's like past years.

They will have a lot of merchandise, but it does get picked over quickly. I advise to get there as soon as possible and go to the official merch before your pick up your packet.
Thanks! I fly in late Friday night so unfortunately won't get the sports complex for the Expo till it opens Saturday morning. I'll just cross my fingers that they have stuff left.

Thanks! I fly in late Friday night so unfortunately won't get the sports complex for the Expo till it opens Saturday morning. I'll just cross my fingers that they have stuff left.

They'll have something, just don't expect a wine glass, Tervis, or shirt over a size medium.

I have a Garmin Vivosmart HR+ and I love it. It vibrates for the intervals. I had 2 Garmin Forerunners before this and the Vivosmart HR+ is so nice! No heart rate strap around the chest, nice and small, GPS for runs and step count for the rest of the time.

How accurate is yours for mileage and pace? I have one and it is so far off it's ridiculous. I wore it a few times on a routine course that is equal to a 5K. When I was finished with the run it told me a ran between 4.25-4.5 miles. It also had me at a 9min per mile pace which is way faster than I run. I just stick to my Forerunner for runs.

How accurate is yours for mileage and pace? I have one and it is so far off it's ridiculous. I wore it a few times on a routine course that is equal to a 5K. When I was finished with the run it told me a ran between 4.25-4.5 miles. It also had me at a 9min per mile pace which is way faster than I run. I just stick to my Forerunner for runs.

That's crazy! When I use it in run mode with the GPS, it is really accurate. It is as good as my old Forerunners. The distance based on just step count throughout the day can be a little hit and miss. When we went to WDW in Sept, my dh and I both had our Vivosmarts and our iPhones (with step counting) on us all day. We would be together the entire time, but by the end of the day, we would have 4 different distances.

Sorry to ask this here but I'm not getting any answers on the SSR thread. Does the runDisney charter bus stop at each village/community or only at the main house? I've only stayed at AKL and poly where you're picked up outside the lobby and I'm trying to decide on room location and where to request to make early morning wake up easier! Thanks!

Sorry to ask this here but I'm not getting any answers on the SSR thread. Does the runDisney charter bus stop at each village/community or only at the main house? I've only stayed at AKL and poly where you're picked up outside the lobby and I'm trying to decide on room location and where to request to make early morning wake up easier! Thanks!
I stayed at ssr last year. There was only one rundisney bus stop for the princess half. It was at the white building across from the Springs section park bus stop. Hope this helps.

EEEEEK MEDALSSSSSS

Putting them in a spoiler tag in case anyone wants to be surprised, but I LOVE them!!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...kend-inspired-by-disney-beauty-and-the-beast/

rdm19349990fi.jpg

batbrdm4797878561.jpg

batbrdm4797878562.jpg

batbrdm4797878563.jpg

batbrdm4797878564.jpg

batbrdm4797878565.jpg

Last edited:
I think I need to see it in person. But I'm glad it doesn't look like my other medal so I have two similar looking ones... so there's that!
Yeah, I'm surprised to see a re-design the year before the 10th anniversary. :confused3 But I feel like what they chose is perfect for the movie, so I'm happy with it.

Also looking forward to seeing them in person at the expo in January. These pictures are...not the best. :upsidedow I have to think they look better in person.

Ahhh!! I normally don't get too excited over medals, but I really LOVE the half medal! Just when I though I knew what they'd look like.... RunDisney did not disappoint! :D

Gosh that picture of all of them together is really awful, haha. Couldn't find better lighting, runDisney? :upsidedow So much glare!

I think I need to see it in person. But I'm glad it doesn't look like my other medal so I have two similar looking ones... so there's that!
Looking at the pics more...if you look at the pic of just that one alone vs. with all the others, it looks really different. Must be super shiny and hard to photograph. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter