2016 January Check-in Thread

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/map/#/disney-california-adventure/ For Soarin. When I clicked the grey placemarker for the attraction it opens up info re: ride and hours it is open or for this one the closure range.

So this is what I get---where are you seeing the closure range?

Disney California Adventure Park

Grizzly Peak

Guests Must Be
40" (102 cm) or Taller
Age Interest
Kids, Tweens, Teens, Adults

FastPass Offered
Single Rider Offered
Thrill Level
Dark, Loud, Slow Rides, Small Drops

Accessibility and Other Information - Opens Dialog

Select Date
  • 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM

So this is what I get---where are you seeing the closure range?

Disney California Adventure Park

Grizzly Peak

Guests Must Be
40" (102 cm) or Taller
Age Interest
Kids, Tweens, Teens, Adults

FastPass Offered
Single Rider Offered
Thrill Level
Dark, Loud, Slow Rides, Small Drops

Accessibility and Other Information - Opens Dialog

Select Date
  • 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM

Are you on a smartphone or tablet? I can only get the daye range when I do a single click on the map with a regular computer.

Thnks PoohBearFriends! My mind is trying to wrap itself around the idea that we do get one final trip on our ap's. This is likely going to be our last trip for years so I would really like to figure out exactly what I would like to accomplish. Obviously some things need to be prioritized for the first two days. :flower1:

Of course so much that will be changed. I am so tired of the train being down. Every time we go for the last 4 times. I rode it at WDW in 2014 but not for DLR.

Hard to believe it is less than a month for a good portion of our group! It is going to go fast with the Holidays! How is the planning going?

Getting started with Ridemax this week. Anyone else use it? One of my favorite parts of planning is running and re-running Ridemax itineraries. Also booked reservations at BTR BBQ for the last time! :sad: So sad it's closing.

Will be in the parks in 3 1/2 weeks! Can't wait!!

I have a question, hopefully someone will know the answer. We have prepaid for character dining. My girls love princesses so have decided to go to Ariel's Grotto for breakfast on either Tuesday 12 Jan, or Thursday 14th January. Both days California Adventure opens at 10am. Looking at the reservations I can either go for 9.10am or 9.30am. But how do you get in if the park doesn't open until 10am? Thanks

i really have mixed feelings about this trip :crazy2:
yes its disneyland and yes i am going to get some pretty cool stuff from SW weekend but with the closures and our exchange rate being at 1.39, it has me thinking we shouldn't have booked this trip and just stuck with our plans of going just once in May 2016
now my fingers are crossed we get some decent weather and little to no rain! :goodvibes

PTN packages ----- double check your reservations if you are booked from jan 11 to 15!!
I just went in a peeked at the schedule and on jan 12, 13 and 15 (tues, wed and fri) the schedule has no parade or fireworks listed and when checked booking BB for PTN packages those same dates are grayed out!
right now I have a reservation on jan 13 and its still in my profile as booked
Glitch?

Hi Disney friends! Long time lurker who always checks the latest happenings here before each trip. We'll be there Jan 6th - 8th staying at the Anaheim RV Park. We'll be coming from Tucson and decided to add 3 full Disney days to the end of our trip when headed home. We haven't been back for a few years so there is lots for us to look forward to this trip! Our last trip BTMRR was down for the refurb so we are SUPER excited about riding it this trip. It's my teens favorite ride. Plus we are all Star Wars geeks so I cannot wait to see Chewie and visit the cantina. We do not like being locked into reservations, but I do have them for BBQ lunch one day. Can't miss that!! (big thanks to whoever reported that here)

This is a very different stay for us since we always stay at the PPI and walk right over. Had planned on taking ART, but after reading some really bad reviews about them being late and not showing up throughout November, we are thinking of driving each day now. There's 3 of us, so parking at Disney is only going to be $6 more each day. Well worth the piece of mind since we enjoy being there early and staying late without leaving. If anyone has any tips on which parking lot or maybe ART will actually be ok would love to hear them.

We'll be arriving late on January 7th and leaving the morning of January 11th. We're staying at the PPH. So glad to be able to see some stuff one last time before it closes down forever! Managed to get an early dinner reservation at BTMBBQ on the 8th. Can't wait to see the Haunted Mansion with all of the holiday overlay! Kind of bummed out that Soarin' is going to be closed, though.

I'm a little concerned about our first night there. The flight arrives around 9:30pm (SNA), so I'm guessing we'd be at the hotel and checked in around 10:30pm or later. Does anyone have any recommendations on some place to eat that late at night? Thanks in advance!

Some of the places in DTD may be open. If not there is a CoCo's on Katella not too far from PPH. PPH probably has room service as well.

Welcome to you guys now joining! Mikimouse since your teens love BTMRR if you get the chance try and ride it towards the end of the fireworks show. Very cool! My dd and I did that accidentally one night and it was one of the biggest highlights of our trip.

Wow, what a great thread - thank you PoohBearFriends!! Awesome info and you're so helpful!

I'm taking my girls for a Mother-Daughters trip; driving down on New Year's Day and we'll be in the parks Jan 2 - 6. So excited!! We've stayed at BWPPI a lot but they were booked for one of the nights I needed, so we're three doors down at the BW Ahaheim Inn (and I got one night free with BW points)! We weren't really ready to do a DL trip, but some of the closures are DD7's favorite things (F!, Tom Sawyer island) and I knew I just had to get her there before all the construction starts. And so we can see Aladdin before it goes away for forever. I'm also glad we're getting there in time to see Soarin one last time before that goes down (and changes if the rumors are correct). Now I'm just praying for no crazy El Nino storms - that could really be a problem.

We have F! dining package at BB on Saturday (our first night). Praying that weather doesn't shut F! down for that night!

DD16 knows about it, but it will be a Christmas surprise for DD7. Having fun planning, but with a full time job and 4 kids (and a husband who also wants my attention, ha!) I don't have as much time as I'd like to plan and obsess! ;)

Welcome to you guys now joining! Mikimouse since your teens love BTMRR if you get the chance try and ride it towards the end of the fireworks show. Very cool! My dd and I did that accidentally one night and it was one of the biggest highlights of our trip.

We accidentally did that on the trip before and it really was amazing!! Definitely going to try again this trip.

Hi Disney friends! Long time lurker who always checks the latest happenings here before each trip. We'll be there Jan 6th - 8th staying at the Anaheim RV Park. We'll be coming from Tucson and decided to add 3 full Disney days to the end of our trip when headed home. We haven't been back for a few years so there is lots for us to look forward to this trip! Our last trip BTMRR was down for the refurb so we are SUPER excited about riding it this trip. It's my teens favorite ride. Plus we are all Star Wars geeks so I cannot wait to see Chewie and visit the cantina. We do not like being locked into reservations, but I do have them for BBQ lunch one day. Can't miss that!! (big thanks to whoever reported that here)

This is a very different stay for us since we always stay at the PPI and walk right over. Had planned on taking ART, but after reading some really bad reviews about them being late and not showing up throughout November, we are thinking of driving each day now. There's 3 of us, so parking at Disney is only going to be $6 more each day. Well worth the piece of mind since we enjoy being there early and staying late without leaving. If anyone has any tips on which parking lot or maybe ART will actually be ok would love to hear them.

Welcome! Love BTMRR- new touches are sweet. Enjoy your trip.

We'll be arriving late on January 7th and leaving the morning of January 11th. We're staying at the PPH. So glad to be able to see some stuff one last time before it closes down forever! Managed to get an early dinner reservation at BTMBBQ on the 8th. Can't wait to see the Haunted Mansion with all of the holiday overlay! Kind of bummed out that Soarin' is going to be closed, though.

I'm a little concerned about our first night there. The flight arrives around 9:30pm (SNA), so I'm guessing we'd be at the hotel and checked in around 10:30pm or later. Does anyone have any recommendations on some place to eat that late at night? Thanks in advance!

Welcome! Enjoy the Holiday decorations!

Wow, what a great thread - thank you PoohBearFriends!! Awesome info and you're so helpful!

I'm taking my girls for a Mother-Daughters trip; driving down on New Year's Day and we'll be in the parks Jan 2 - 6. So excited!! We've stayed at BWPPI a lot but they were booked for one of the nights I needed, so we're three doors down at the BW Ahaheim Inn (and I got one night free with BW points)! We weren't really ready to do a DL trip, but some of the closures are DD7's favorite things (F!, Tom Sawyer island) and I knew I just had to get her there before all the construction starts. And so we can see Aladdin before it goes away for forever. I'm also glad we're getting there in time to see Soarin one last time before that goes down (and changes if the rumors are correct). Now I'm just praying for no crazy El Nino storms - that could really be a problem.

We have F! dining package at BB on Saturday (our first night). Praying that weather doesn't shut F! down for that night!

DD16 knows about it, but it will be a Christmas surprise for DD7. Having fun planning, but with a full time job and 4 kids (and a husband who also wants my attention, ha!) I don't have as much time as I'd like to plan and obsess! ;)

Welcome. Fun to have older daughter in on the surprise!

Thank you re: thread. I am having fun!

Wow. We are up to 45 groups going in January.

Can't wait to hear about the trips.

To you SW runners, hats off to you preparing up here in the Pacific NW. I volunteered at the Naughty and Nice run in Portland today. You guys are amazing for running in that cold pouring rain we are having. I was cozy in my rain gear helping with traffic control but still had pretty wet hands by the end of 3 hours.

Yay! I just noticed this thread! I'll be at DL from the 13th through the 22nd for the Rebel Challenge :scared: and a nice long break afterward. My plans are laid out over at my PTR (link in siggie).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter