2016 January Check-in Thread

Star Wars races went great for me! Bonus was seeing Elton John on Friday night! Weather was cooler than this time last year but still pleasant. No rain! We didn't even make it over to Hungry Bear so I didn't see the walls up. But I was happy the river still had water in it. You could go walk on the pirate ship and check it out if you wanted to.

The entrance to Adventureland is also strangley walled off. You have to enter through Frontierland to access everything but the Tiki Room and the Juice Bar.

I leave Friday morning for a quick weekend trip! Can't wait!!

Woo Hoo, so do we. We're just 2 hours north, so it'll be a quick trip there. Hoping to leave approximately noon to head down to Anaheim. Kids, granddaughter and momma's parents will be there later. We already have dinner reservations on Friday at the Jazz Kitchen; Character Breakfast resos at the Plaza Inn on Saturday, and Character/Princess Lunch resos at Ariel's on Sunday.

I guess I should look up reviews for lunch at Ariel's Grotto. Never have eaten there. First time for everything.

Woo Hoo, so do we. We're just 2 hours north, so it'll be a quick trip there. Hoping to leave approximately noon to head down to Anaheim. Kids, granddaughter and momma's parents will be there later. We already have dinner reservations on Friday at the Jazz Kitchen; Character Breakfast resos at the Plaza Inn on Saturday, and Character/Princess Lunch resos at Ariel's on Sunday.

I guess I should look up reviews for lunch at Ariel's Grotto. Never have eaten there. First time for everything.

Ah if I was only two hours away I'd be there every weekend! I am in the Bay Area and it takes me about 6 hours or so depending on traffic to drive down. We are leaving at 5am Friday morning! I booked our favorite, Cafe Orleans, for dinner on Saturday and Carnation Cafe for lunch on Sunday before we head home! We are winging it the rest of the time (we love corn dogs, soup in a bread bowl, etc...).

Can't wait! I was there in November with my other niece and she ended up getting sick so we only spent a day and a half at the parks :(

What time are you doing Minnie's on Saturday? We have 10:30 Reservations.

What time are you doing Minnie's on Saturday? We have 10:30 Reservations.

We have 8:40 AM reservations, or so my son tells me. Granddaughter is almost 19 mos, so we need to eat on her schedule UGH! :) Hoping we miss some opening crowds as Disneyland opens at 8 AM that day.

Last edited:
This weekends weather keeps changing... I need to stop checking. Chance of rain grew to 80% and windy for Sunday! Yuck!

This weekends weather keeps changing... I need to stop checking. Chance of rain grew to 80% and windy for Sunday! Yuck!

Yuck! Sunday is only a half day for us, but still boo :( And I have to drive home! Here's hoping it changes again!! :)

Dropped to 60% with showers. Hoping it keeps dropping. Still windy, which isn't fun either, but I will take wind over rain!

At this rate we might not be going. Daughter (4 years old) started feeling sick on Sunday. It slowly has progressed from a chest cold to the stomach flu today. I just canceled our hotel, but will wait to cancel flights at the last minute (Southwest). There are still hotel room available, so if she is better by Friday, I can re-book. I needed to cancel our current reservation by midnight tonight to not face a penalty. :(

Last edited:
At this rate we might not be going. Daughter (4 years old) started feeling sick on Sunday. It slowly has progressed from a chest cold to the stomach flu today. I just booked our hotel, but will wait to cancel flights at the last minute (Southwest). There are still hotel room available, so if she is better by Friday, I can re-book. I needed to cancel our current reservation by midnight tonight to not face a penalty. :(

Oh no! I hope your little one feels better soon!!! So sorry :(

At this rate we might not be going. Daughter (4 years old) started feeling sick on Sunday. It slowly has progressed from a chest cold to the stomach flu today. I just canceled our hotel, but will wait to cancel flights at the last minute (Southwest). There are still hotel room available, so if she is better by Friday, I can re-book. I needed to cancel our current reservation by midnight tonight to not face a penalty. :(

Feel better little one!

Countdown calendar is at zero!

Now my girls just have to take the last three finals for high school tomorrow and we will head to the airport afterwards

With it being finals they don't have homework and no school scheduled on Friday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter