2016 Gay Days at WDW - 26th Anniversary!

Happy to hear that u guys will be coming back again this year, Dano!
When it gets closer, I hope u can post some details about this year's monorail crawl. I will be flying in on Wednesday morning, June 1st and flying out on Monday, June 6th. Hoping that a couple of friends will be joining me. If not, I will come solo and still have a great time!

This monorail crawl sounds fun! Keep me posted. Do you hop off and drink at poly, grand floridian, contemporary? How does it work?
Todd

I'm hoping that the Frozen ride opens at Epcot before we all get down there. Would like top get a FastPass+ on that one to avoid the inevitable long lines. How awesome! I already bought my VIP ticket for the Main Event. More so got it for the special area that they said they're gonna announce than the drinks. Planning on going to Deep at Epcot too but will likely skip Riptide. Always looking to make new friends and I LOVE that you're counting down the days. <3

Solomon
Ok, what is Deep at Epcot?

Ok, what is Deep at Epcot?
Hey, Todd!
When it gets closer to the date, dano4 says he will post more details about the monorail crawl. It most likely will happen on Wednesday night, June 1st. But, yeah, basically it is bar hopping at the various resorts connected to the monorail. Deep is one of many parties during the week. It is promoted and put together by a company called One Magical Weekend, separate from Gay Days, Inc. The host hotel for One Magical Weekend is the B Resort at Disney. The bears have an event called Tidal Wave, which is centered at the Holiday Inn at Disney and I think the girls still have yet another separate event called Girls in Wonderland. It is amazing how big gay days has become and how it has evolved over 26 years. No matter what events you choose, just come prepared to have a fun and fabulous time!

As of right now, I have 106 more days until check-in. I can't wait until the booking window opens-up for my FastPass+ reservations. My partner and I check into Disney's BoardWalk Villas on Friday May 27th. This will be our fourth visit during Gay Days. I'm excited for a number of reasons. This year, the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival ends it's run on May 30th. That's perfect because we'll get to take in the last Garden Rocks Concert(s) on Saturday and Sunday where I'll enjoy drinking the refreshing Schofferhofer Grapefruit Beer that is served in the Germany Pavilion. That stuff is real good! If all goes as planned, we'll get to experience the all new Rivers of Light at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Finger's crossed that the show will be open. I can't wait to take-in Disney's Animal Kingdom at night! I hear the evening ambiance is amazing. Last year, at the Magic Kingdom, we stumbled upon the tastiest mac and cheese at the Friar's Nook. We'll definitely be stopping there for lunch! I'm concerned about the limited attractions that will be available at Disney's Hollywood Studios but if the finished product is anything like Disney California Adventure 2.0, it'll will be worth the wait! Anyone else stoked about the Main Event taking place at Disney's Hollywood Studios? This year, we won't be buying the VIP Pass for Riptide at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon waterpark. A few years back, the rules were changed to prevent drinks from being taken out of the VIP area. I'd like to enjoy my adult beverage while standing in front of the DJ with my toes in the water so this year, I guess we'll be buying each drink. We're looking forward to making new friends during our annual Monorail Crawl. Last year, we took some crazy group photos on the Monorail. We're going to try something new this year at the Walt Disney World Swan because we just found out that Kimonos has karaoke! After all of those late nights, we'll relax and sooth our hangover while floating along Cross Country Creek at Disney's Blizzard Beach waterpark. I hope I don't get sneezed on! Our flight home isn't until Monday June 6th so if you're also visiting during Gay Days and you want to make new friends reach-out to me. See ya real soon!

Looking forward to it! Monorail sounds terrific! Please keep us posted. We are. Checking in to CBR June 1st for 6 nights! Is deep at epcot? We will most likely stay in the Parks but would love to hear of any events in the Parks please. I do know hollwood studios is open extra magic hours Friday night so that's cool! Thanks! Todd and James

Hi guys! First timer here for WDW Gay Days and really looking forward to it! Staying on property Wed June 1-Monday June 6. DL AP holder and attended Anaheim Gay Days in 2015. Hoping to connect with gay folks who are Disney fans. Excited to hear about the Wednesday Monorail Crawl. Couple of questions: I'm assuming there are a couple of scheduled events in the parks- is that so? If it is, where can a schedule be found? I read earlier in the forum about some of the other events by other promoters- is there a place to find out about all of those? Thanks!

Hi guys! First timer here for WDW Gay Days and really looking forward to it! Staying on property Wed June 1-Monday June 6. DL AP holder and attended Anaheim Gay Days in 2015. Hoping to connect with gay folks who are Disney fans. Excited to hear about the Wednesday Monorail Crawl. Couple of questions: I'm assuming there are a couple of scheduled events in the parks- is that so? If it is, where can a schedule be found? I read earlier in the forum about some of the other events by other promoters- is there a place to find out about all of those? Thanks!
Hey, Erik!
Get ready to have a really good time! You will find web pages for Gay Days, One Magical Weekend, and Tidal Wave. OMW's Riptide party is at Typhoon Lagoon on Friday night and Deep is at Epcot on Sunday night. On Saturday, gay day at The Magic Kingdom, you will find thousands of family members, most wearing red shirts. Around noontime, there is a large gathering at the Country Bear Jamboree that lasts for a couple of hours. There are also parties and concerts throughout Orlando. Parliament House has not announced this year's concert line-up, yet. Last year's Wilson Phillips show was really great. If you find time to head to downtown Orlando, Hamburger Mary's has good food and really entertaining drag shows. So many parties, events, and things to do throughout the area. If dano4's monorail crawl continues to grow each year, it could become one of the major events during gay days, too! Hehehe. :)

Hey, Erik!
Get ready to have a really good time! You will find web pages for Gay Days, One Magical Weekend, and Tidal Wave. OMW's Riptide party is at Typhoon Lagoon on Friday night and Deep is at Epcot on Sunday night. On Saturday, gay day at The Magic Kingdom, you will find thousands of family members, most wearing red shirts. Around noontime, there is a large gathering at the Country Bear Jamboree that lasts for a couple of hours. There are also parties and concerts throughout Orlando. Parliament House has not announced this year's concert line-up, yet. Last year's Wilson Phillips show was really great. If you find time to head to downtown Orlando, Hamburger Mary's has good food and really entertaining drag shows. So many parties, events, and things to do throughout the area. If dano4's monorail crawl continues to grow each year, it could become one of the major events during gay days, too! Hehehe. :)
thanks for the info!

Hey, Erik!

Thanks! I have a question about Deep and Main Event, if we already have a ticket to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, where are the events actually being held at each park and why are we paying for the ticket. How would they check a ticket if we are already there.?
Thanks,
Todd & James

This monorail crawl sounds fun! Keep me posted. Do you hop off and drink at poly, grand floridian, contemporary? How does it work?
Todd

It is a lot of fun. Plus, it's a great way to meet people! Last year, a few of us started at Crockett's Tavern at Fort Wilderness. We ate wings and pizza before the actual crawal. What's nice about that is the water transport to and from the Fort to and from the Contemporary. Majority of the crawler's joined us at the Contemporary. We mingled and drank there then moved onto the Polynesian and finally to the Grand Floridian. Perhaps you'll join this year.

Hey, Todd!
When it gets closer to the date, dano4 says he will post more details about the monorail crawl. It most likely will happen on Wednesday night, June 1st. But, yeah, basically it is bar hopping at the various resorts connected to the monorail. Deep is one of many parties during the week. It is promoted and put together by a company called One Magical Weekend, separate from Gay Days, Inc. The host hotel for One Magical Weekend is the B Resort at Disney. The bears have an event called Tidal Wave, which is centered at the Holiday Inn at Disney and I think the girls still have yet another separate event called Girls in Wonderland. It is amazing how big gay days has become and how it has evolved over 26 years. No matter what events you choose, just come prepared to have a fun and fabulous time!

It will happen on Wednesday June 1st and more details to come.

Hope to see you at the crawl.

I'm excited because today opened up my FastPass+ booking window! It's unfortuante that I cannot yet get one for Rivers of Light though. Anyone know when this will be available? Also, sometime in the next few days, I'll be providing some details about meet-up times, resort bars, back-up resort bars, and my contact info for those who might join in on Wednesday's monorail crawl. Can't wait!

As of right now, I have 106 more days until check-in. I can't wait until the booking window opens-up for my FastPass+ reservations. My partner and I check into Disney's BoardWalk Villas on Friday May 27th. This will be our fourth visit during Gay Days. I'm excited for a number of reasons. This year, the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival ends it's run on May 30th. That's perfect because we'll get to take in the last Garden Rocks Concert(s) on Saturday and Sunday where I'll enjoy drinking the refreshing Schofferhofer Grapefruit Beer that is served in the Germany Pavilion. That stuff is real good! If all goes as planned, we'll get to experience the all new Rivers of Light at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Finger's crossed that the show will be open. I can't wait to take-in Disney's Animal Kingdom at night! I hear the evening ambiance is amazing. Last year, at the Magic Kingdom, we stumbled upon the tastiest mac and cheese at the Friar's Nook. We'll definitely be stopping there for lunch! I'm concerned about the limited attractions that will be available at Disney's Hollywood Studios but if the finished product is anything like Disney California Adventure 2.0, it'll will be worth the wait! Anyone else stoked about the Main Event taking place at Disney's Hollywood Studios? This year, we won't be buying the VIP Pass for Riptide at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon waterpark. A few years back, the rules were changed to prevent drinks from being taken out of the VIP area. I'd like to enjoy my adult beverage while standing in front of the DJ with my toes in the water so this year, I guess we'll be buying each drink. We're looking forward to making new friends during our annual Monorail Crawl. Last year, we took some crazy group photos on the Monorail. We're going to try something new this year at the Walt Disney World Swan because we just found out that Kimonos has karaoke! After all of those late nights, we'll relax and sooth our hangover while floating along Cross Country Creek at Disney's Blizzard Beach waterpark. I hope I don't get sneezed on! Our flight home isn't until Monday June 6th so if you're also visiting during Gay Days and you want to make new friends reach-out to me. See ya real soon!
So dano4, we are within 100 days.....you got to book all your FP today.....don't you think you can at least give us some little piece of Monorail Crawl info?

I'm excited because today opened up my FastPass+ booking window! It's unfortuante that I cannot yet get one for Rivers of Light though. Anyone know when this will be available? Also, sometime in the next few days, I'll be providing some details about meet-up times, resort bars, back-up resort bars, and my contact info for those who might join in on Wednesday's monorail crawl. Can't wait!

Same here, and also hoping for the new hours for AK and Rivers of Light to go live online for my fass passes, I can book on Apr 3rd. ! We plan to join the Monorail Crawl, hoping to get checked in early in the afternoon at Carribean Beach Resort on June 1.

Same here, and also hoping for the new hours for AK and Rivers of Light to go live online for my fass passes, I can book on Apr 3rd. ! We plan to join the Monorail Crawl, hoping to get checked in early in the afternoon at Carribean Beach Resort on June 1.
Would love to start out at Fort Wilderness too! I haven't been there in many years, the boat ride to Contemporary sounds perfect!

What's nice about staying on property is that you can take a bus to Magic Kingdom and back to your resort when it's all done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter