2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm following along to quietly cheer everyone on! We got FD last year for December and it was great! I am hoping to pop back in to WDW for a quick trip this summer but we all won't be back until 2017. It's a little early to be watching for FD for 2017, but the FD watch thread has become one of my favorites. Good luck everyone! Wishing you lots of Pixie Dust!
What were the dates for the FD in December? Thanks!

Hoping the dates are announced on the 25th! I know there is a calender or calculator to figure out your 180 days date, for dining reservations. Can anyone send me a link to that please. Thank you!!

We are hoping for dates at the end of september into early october.
Based on recent history (2014 & 2015) I suspect that the FD blackout will start on 10/1 so as long as you check in by 9/30 you probably will be fine. The last two years the FD blackout has started the first Saturday in October (which this year will be 10/1) and gone through the 3rd Saturday in October. Again this is just an opinion based on history and is NOT any kind of inside info.

Based on recent history (2014 & 2015) I suspect that the FD blackout will start on 10/1 so as long as you check in by 9/30 you probably will be fine. The last two years the FD blackout has started the first Saturday in October (which this year will be 10/1) and gone through the 3rd Saturday in October. Again this is just an opinion based on history and is NOT any kind of inside info.
Yes, that's our thinking too. Last year we pulled the kids from school for a day just to make free dining :p

Awaiting news for FD for October, fingers crossed although I know unlikely.

Playing devil's advocate as we are paying OOP this year, but what will be the extent of the outcry if FD is not offered? It does seem over recent years they are making it harder to get by limiting dates, resorts, and making you buy park hoppers with it, etc., and the way that Disney is nickel and diming everything right now, would anyone be surprised if this is the year it stops? I hope not, because it has always saved us a lot in the past, but this year we will save more with a RD staying at the CR.

I think this year there will be a lot less bookings if there is no FD offered. We are already booked and hoping for a RD as our resort does not usually offer FD for the month we like to go. I remember reading last year that many people were moving their trips ahead a year to see the Osborne lights before they left. Also with all the construction in Hollywood Studios, some people may wait until Toy Story Land or StarWars is done. I have only been checking Moderates but there is a lot of availability left in October and November. Also we are Canadian and a lot of people we know are waiting until our dollars is better and more is open at Hollywood studios. This is just my guess, but it seems like Fall bookings are down (so far) and taking away FD this year might be too big of a risk.

Playing devil's advocate as we are paying OOP this year, but what will be the extent of the outcry if FD is not offered? It does seem over recent years they are making it harder to get by limiting dates, resorts, and making you buy park hoppers with it, etc., and the way that Disney is nickel and diming everything right now, would anyone be surprised if this is the year it stops? I hope not, because it has always saved us a lot in the past, but this year we will save more with a RD staying at the CR.
My guess is before they actually do away with it entirely they might reduce it to just late August through September.

Overall, I think there would be lot's of disappointed folks and some lost business but they've been gradually cutting it back to the point that it's probably not as big of a impact on attendance as it was in the past. October through December have been getting more and more busy over the last few years even as they have been cutting back on FD.

I think this year there will be a lot less bookings if there is no FD offered. We are already booked and hoping for a RD as our resort does not usually offer FD for the month we like to go. I remember reading last year that many people were moving their trips ahead a year to see the Osborne lights before they left. Also with all the construction in Hollywood Studios, some people may wait until Toy Story Land or StarWars is done. I have only been checking Moderates but there is a lot of availability left in October and November. Also we are Canadian and a lot of people we know are waiting until our dollars is better and more is open at Hollywood studios. This is just my guess, but it seems like Fall bookings are down (so far) and taking away FD this year might be too big of a risk.
I agree bookings seem low (at least for ADRs) we moved our trip from Oct to Sept and when I started booking ADRs Friday it was I think a week or more after ADRs started for our 180+10 and we still got everything we wanted and I'm still moving stuff around with no problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter