2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question. My original reservation I had booked for my trip in Sept is almost $300 more than my original total was before the free dining was added. Why are they not honoring the original price when I booked? I did not book with a special. Only booked the regular room rate and ticket prices at that time. Should they not honor my original booking price??

For those looking for mods in late September, I just saw CSR available 9/30-10/6 for 2 adults/3 children. Somebody go get it!
Yeah, it's available for my dates, 10/1-10/9, also. If my family were one less, I'd have booked already :-(. But good for whoever gets it!

Question. My original reservation I had booked for my trip in Sept is almost $300 more than my original total was before the free dining was added. Why are they not honoring the original price when I booked? I did not book with a special. Only booked the regular room rate and ticket prices at that time. Should they not honor my original booking price??
Is it possible you booked before the ticket price increase? I believe packages are not booked as separate items, so while the room rate is probably the same, the room with tickets may be more? This especially if you didnt have park hopper or wp&m added on already, as those are $60 pp min and required for free dining.

Is it possible you booked before the ticket price increase? I believe packages are not booked as separate items, so while the room rate is probably the same, the room with tickets may be more? This especially if you didnt have park hopper or wp&m added on already, as those are $60 pp min and required for free dining.

I had booked the room with tickets and park hoppers. So looks like I am paying for the increase in ticket prices. I don't think I should have to. I booked before they increased.

I had booked the room with tickets and park hoppers. So looks like I am paying for the increase in ticket prices. I don't think I should have to. I booked before they increased.
That's just the way it is. It's another reason why there is no benefit to booking early if you know or think you'll be making changes. They're going to make money off of you one way or another.

The bb is great!! Especially when you are firm on your dates. But when things change and you can't change your bb, you might find yourself back in the FD madness. :crazy:
Yep, that's what happened to us. Plus, the BB last year was only good through Oct 1, so anyone wanting the Oct-Dec time frame was forced to wait with the masses anyway.

Come on .. I just want to swap my August Dates with November dates ...

I got a pin last week for up to 30% off lodging 5/30 - 8/25 and free PH if I book a min 6 day MYW package.

I'm like that's great but we will never be in Florida in the summer. My sweaty kids and husband would melt!

But hey, I got one!

(Also finally feeling human again after or late night Dis/Chatzy dining watch :woohoo:)

The issue is in your thinking you added free dining, the reality is, your original reservation was cancelled, that room is back available under rack rate, and your new reservation is booked with a room that was allotted for free dining. So although you don't see this as a new reservation, the system does, therefore the cureent ticket prices apply.

crazy busy yesterday, I think it was the lack of sleep from sunday night/early wakeup Monday morning and the post booking anticipation/excitement/rush and nerves that lead me to feel the crazy/of yesterday. I did try to get my resi modified through the computer but that wouldn't happen-had to call. I had a few go through to hear "experiencing technical difficulties" recording but didn't hang up. between the hold time and actually speeking to a cm, only about 1 1/2 hrs. funny part is that when I did get through the recording said it would be about 11 min. until I was answered(I just laughed and left the phone on the counter-on speaker until I was actually answered) I was open to any change that may need to happen to secure a fd room, but all went through -no changes-2 rooms at POP Dec 21-26(Kids were happy) I even booked another resi for my oldest and his gf. I am loving spring and summer, but really counting the days til Christmas and being in Disney

Good morning ! Just wanted to share .. I had an original reservation for 8/24-8/31 at YC ... Called to modify after an all nighter on Sunday and had to switch to Boardwalk to apply FD. Nothing was available for YC ..or any mods .. I've been consistently checking for something to become available .. And last night it did .. GV at YC .. ( still no mods) So I called this morning got right thru and changed back to YC and saved an additional $200!! Don't give up !!!

The bb is great!! Especially when you are firm on your dates. But when things change and you can't change your bb, you might find yourself back in the FD madness. :crazy:

That's where we were! We booked a BB for POR in September....then in December we found out we were having another baby, due this August! Surprise!! We may be crazy planning to take a three month old this year, but we decided to push our trip back to November and found ourselves back in the FD madness.

Disney will not cancel your other reservation until you call and do it or you cancel it online.

Is this true? I am tempted to book a second RO discounted reservation at a value resort until we can figure out if we can truly swing the package we booked. The cast member was so rude to me and told me if we have two packages booked under my name in MDE, that Disney will automatically cancel ALL my reservations. I don't see how they could do this, but he told me something about them setting parameters in the computer and it can weed out who is hoarding reservations.. Is it any different than if you needed to book two resorts if you had other family joining you?

I need reassurance once again.

Last night while doing obsessive searching, for no reason really (we have our reservations now for CBR and Boardwalk for our split stay honeymoon with FD), I found a Poly standard room at the back to school savings rate of $420 a night. I convinced my fiance that we NEED to stay at the Poly because I've always wanted to, and I added it to my cart and tried to check out. And then I clicked check out. And then it loaded back to the same page. Again. And again. And again. Then I tried a new browser, went through the same process, same results. So I left it in my cart, came back this morning, and, shocker, the room is gone and now only club level is available at the discount. GAH. :sad:

Is it worth me calling and complaining? Will anyone be able to do anything to get me the discounted price on a regular price room?

I got a pin last week for up to 30% off lodging 5/30 - 8/25 and free PH if I book a min 6 day MYW package.

I'm like that's great but we will never be in Florida in the summer. My sweaty kids and husband would melt!

But hey, I got one!

(Also finally feeling human again after or late night Dis/Chatzy dining watch :woohoo:)

Lol! When I got up a few minutes ago, I was like, whoosh, finally back to normal. I must admit, Sunday/Monday was fun though!!! And I will never forget the "picture" fail!!!! That made me giggle all through Monday. It was either that, or the lack of sleep!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter