2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious but is there any reason why you are using phone instead of website? I got FD exactly the way I was hoping for (resort/dates) this morning. I have been checking DW website just for gitts and shiggles all morning for various dates and there is always availability for val., mod., and deluxe.

Is everyone who is using phone lines trying to "modify" an existing offer?

This is why I think pre booking and then waiting until 7am phone lines open is a bad idea.

Besides this thread was pretty entertaining last night/early this morning.
I agree. I booked no prob at 430.am 2 separate reservations !! My friend called in and she just got thru. Even travel agents are not getting in on their lines !

So...this morning my TA said she couldn't get the plan for our dates, then I got the code from Visa, but between the two of us I still couldn't get it. I called, waited 2 hours and got a wonderful CM who said she modified our existing reservation and that we did in fact, get FD. I was literally crying and thanking her, but...the modification is nowhere to be found. She did not give me a new reservation number or price and my TA can not find any modification. It is also not showing up in My Disney Experience. Am I basically screwed or do these changes take time to show up. I literally clarified with her three times, but my TA says there is no record of the modification.

If you have touring plans subscription, use their dining finder. (If not it's worth the minimal fee, around $10 for a year) It works awesome. You tell hm what you want, and they text you when it's available. It's works, found me BOG right at the time I needed. Don't give up
oh wow thanks!!
I didn't realize they would do that for you
See not around for a few years and everything changes

THANKS SO MUCH

Why is a child ages 3-9 only $21 than an adult for free dining pkg
I booked CSR for me and my granddaughter - 3 nights
I also booked 2 other rooms with two adults in both of those rooms. Standard view - 3 nights as well
I ordered park hoppers for 5 days for all us

I would think there would been greater credit for the child

Seems to be a a few words dropped out there, but if I read it right...

The cost to buy the regular DDP (promotion aside) is $22.85 per day for a child; $63.70 for adult. Of course, for that children get more limited kids menu were applicable.

Feeling a bit disappointed. Was looking for 9/28 to 10/8 at either Pop or one of the moderates. Found out no Pop rooms were released for the early part of the FD deal. Then it seemed like only moderate available were pirate rooms and with the increase, did not seem like that great of a deal. We're going to hold on for a couple days and hopefully we will see some trips released by those who reserved but cant make those dates or those who double booked. Maybe Disney will look at their planning after a chaotic day and make more rooms available. I remember last year being able to see rooms available for at least a month after the deal was released. The hunt is on!

I was forced to upgrade to the pirate room at the Caribbean for my stay Sept 7th - 21st. anyone think they will release more room choices as we get closer to the fall?

OK, I know this has been discussed but I see some comments on a FB group about 11/5 being the end of RO. As in nothing coming down the pike in July or what have you. Does anyone have opinions on this? I'd love to see some released later but as one person commented- why would Disney need to do this? @black562?? I know you gave a nice RO round up yesterday. Any thought changes? TIA!

Personally I would go with what you really want if it's available, unless you are totally OK with the value. We super wanted CBR, but were ok with our 2nd choice which was POP, however I did dig all morning and finally (with the help of this board!) got our first choice for a bit more - no regrets! :)
I'm currently trying to decide between CBR or Pop. CBR is just over $500 more. Would love your thoughts on why it would be worth the additional $500. Thx

hearing the horror stories of those waiting on the phone for hours to modify existing reservations is making me very glad that i listened to those that said not to pre book when i asked about it on this thread.

i had asked about it on a different thread a couple weeks ago and was told pre booking and modifying would be easier.

i booked it at about 6am this morning and it was so easy it scared me.

I'm still trying to catch up on all the posts so forgive me if something like this has been mentioned, but I had an interesting thought. We had booked at POP 9/10-9/16 with WP & more back before ticket prices went up. I stayed up until the release, but was unable to modify our existing res (I'm assuming because of the price difference). I ended up making a new res, exact same dates, resort, option everything. It was really simple for me. After reading other people's difficulty I assumed we were just lucky, but once I saw the Disney Visa promo I was wondering if because I had already had our Disney Visa saved on our profile if that may have been why we had an easier time booking since it appears they have different availability.

Got on right at 4 AM this morning and got exactly what I wanted. Then I come back later today and see an email from Disney Visa. The offer seems identical other than it counts towards a few earlier dates in August, but we're going Dec 10-15th. Is there any other reason I should book the Visa version?

Also, to those of you who can't get what you wanted, try the Disney Visa Promotion one. MANY MORE STANDARD ROOMS STILL AVAILABLE WITH THIS OFFER. I tried booking my exact same stay and it was identical in price. 4 Adults in a Standard Room at Caribbean Beach 12-10 to 12-15 for 5 nights with 2 day park hopper for $2452.68. For the heck of it I tried Pop Century and upgraded to the Table Service from Quick Service and it was literally another $40 to stay at the cheaper hotel. LOL no Brainer.

So if people let their reservations go do they go live on the site as soon as they are dropped (ie...real time) or does disney redo their availability at just a certain point each day?

Can you still get a PIN or UOC if you already have a resort reservation or would the system already recognize your reservation and omit you from the list of who to send PINs to? Thanks :)

Love watching the options change. CBR was preferred only earlier today (for the dates I'm looking) but now water or pool has shown up, slightly cheaper. In two weeks, I might have a job (stay-at-home mom) starting in Sept... if there are still decent options then, gateway drug or not, DH might lose his say in our future with APs!

I was forced to upgrade to the pirate room at the Caribbean for my stay Sept 7th - 21st. anyone think they will release more room choices as we get closer to the fall?

At 4:30 this morning when I tried to modify my existing reservation to add free dining on my CBR Standard room, there were none and I had to upgrade to Water View. I took it. At 7:30 AM, on a fluke, I tried again and was able to modify back down to the CBR standard room. So even if Disney doesn't release more rooms, a cancellation could definitely make a room available, so keep checking.

Nothing for me early this morning. Got to work and both computers going. Ended up getting 2 rooms at Music....then my TA let me know while she was on hold she went online and messed around and got me 2 rooms at Music also. That's why I love her. Guessing I moved ahead of others on her list. Cancelling the ones I booked and hoping Pop opens and we will transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter