2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of coffee pots does the resort have? I called the resort and the CM stated that they provide the coffee and the filters but when I inquired about the type of pot, she said it was a single serve, k-cup? Do you know? We usually bring our own coffee and would need to order the correct style-last time we stayed there it was a 4 cup coffee pot.
Thanks in advance!
It is the type of single coffee maker that has the Circle paper disc with coffee in them.

omg! I cannot book any dining reservations at all online and when I call I get fast busy signal.
How could all they all book up so fast
I am so disappointed

Patience and persistence is key to dining reservations. Check daily, multiple times if you can. Look at the Cancellation threads here on the Disboards. 45 days out is the payoff on packages, people will cancel around that time so things open up then.

I've felt your frustration many times with dining reservations, but have managed to usually get everything I want using the above methods.

I checked in at 3:30 am and it had not dropped. So I sat my alarm for 4:30 so i could check again. Then the baby starting crying at 4:00am so I got up and checked again and got it!

They've been booked up for a long time, with people speculating on FD. It's a double edged knife...you're so happy that you got FD, but then realize that nowhere you want to eat has reservations available due to others getting FD.
Can I cancel FD if I can't eat anwhere???
I mean there is absolutely nothing available
Shall I wait a week or two to see if people change there ressies around?

Can I cancel FD if I can't eat anwhere???
I mean there is absolutely nothing available
Shall I wait a week or two to see if people change there ressies around?

I would wait, people make multiple dining ADRs in advance based on days they may or may not be at the world if their dates are flexible in anticipation of free dining. So I am sure things will open up, things like CRT or BOG will be near impossible at this point but others should open up.

Patience and persistence is key to dining reservations. Check daily, multiple times if you can. Look at the Cancellation threads here on the Disboards. 45 days out is the payoff on packages, people will cancel around that time so things open up then.

I've felt your frustration many times with dining reservations, but have managed to usually get everything I want using the above methods.
thanks!
hate to sound so old but did FD before and never ever like this...You could get any resort, book dining ressie anywhere. But that was 10 years ago.. my god where do the people who come for the day eat?? do they have to bring their own lunch? lol

We are unable to get free dining on our reservation because we have military tickets that can't be upgraded.
However, my father in law's reservation we may be able to do.

I was able to change my reservation online at about 3:03 am CT it was for CBR standard for party of 5 saved us $1943.55 I know that a room only discount would no way come close to that for a Moderate. I am sure there are instances at deluxe and mods when a room only might work out better but for my family of 4 adults a child and a infant Free dining all the way baby!!! Thank you everyone for all the updates and post we all really appreciate it and to those who haven't gotten what they were hoping for hang in there because the time when POR was excluded from free dining for our time period we got a PIN code that did include it about a month after the GP offer went out so hoping you all get some pixie dust.

Thanks! It doesn't look like I was charged for an adult ticket, which is good. Hopefully, it won't interfere with anything else! :)

My DDs tickets were showing adult too but all the pricing was correct. I plan to give it a few days, see if it fixes itself, if not then I'll call when the frenzy is over!

Do you think they will release more rooms? I was up at 4:30 and should have booked but decided to do through TA and now no rooms.

Hoping this brings pixie dust to someone here...in one minute, I am cancelling a Free Dining reservation at Pop Century, standard room Sept 17-24. Good luck!

Edited: Well...it won't seem to let me cancel it online (looked like it would) - will repost when I am actually able to cancel it (unable to call right now given the jammed phone lines)

Edited again: Apparently, the cancellation did go through online (doesn't show in MDE any more, though I haven't received a confirmation email about it). Good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter