2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:pSilly question, if I make 3 new reservations how soon do I have to cancel our old reservations? Can I wait until Monday night so I could talk to a CM (assuming phone lines would be working by then)? Or do I need to cancel right after I make the new one?

GRRRRR!!!! So, we called back and changed our dates since you guys all suggested we should, since the change to drop our first 2 days basically made a new reservation, and I wanted that all done before tonight's craziness. However, we were booked in a Royal Guest Room with a pool view. To change our dates, she said we had to lose our room type, and now we are stuck in a garden view. We really wanted pool view because that put us in Oak Manor, which I've read online is the only one with an elevator. We have 2 strollers and will have 2 sleeping girls at night so that was a must for us! So I'm bummed that we lost our room, the CM said it was an issueof inventory, not dates but I don't know what that means. We had the room, so the room should be part of the inventory, right?? I'm confused.

On a positive note, though, she said to call back tomorrow in the afternoon because lots of things could've changed by then, which was a hint that tomorrow is actually the big day. But then she said we could have her extension and call her directly because she will be there from 7a-11p tomorrow, LOTS of overtime! So that's a pretty good sign!

Our dates aren't included and we aren't able to change to later in November which bums me out. I would love to get free dining! But he turns 3 on November 8th so we are going right before that so he will turn 3 on our trip and still be free. If we went later in November we would have to pay for him. Darn you free dining! Well, I'm still following along with you all for support! I hope everyone gets exactly what they want!

Well all those following that thread can try at 9am est. Will make less of us trying earlier.

Ha! I posted the write time conversion.

i-am-a-generous-god.jpg

I am not the best at math but this is what I figured out. We are staying at POR riverside from 9/10-9/17. 2 adults no kids.

25% room discount
238 (178.50) x 2= 357.00
215 (161.25) x 5= 806.25
Est tax - $145.41
Room total - $1308.66
Tickets = $758.98
Dining = $891.80
Total - $2959.44

Free dining
Room - $1744.90
Tickets - $758.98
Park hopper- $146.96
Total - $2650.84

Seem accurate?

:pSilly question, if I make 3 new reservations how soon do I have to cancel our old reservations? Can I wait until Monday night so I could talk to a CM (assuming phone lines would be working by then)? Or do I need to cancel right after I make the new one?

You should be fine to wait until the end of the day.

I am not the best at math but this is what I figured out. We are staying at POR riverside from 9/10-9/17. 2 adults no kids.

25% room discount
238 (178.50) x 2= 357.00
215 (161.25) x 5= 806.25
Est tax - $145.41
Room total - $1308.66
Tickets = $758.98
Dining = $891.80
Total - $2959.44

Free dining
Room - $1744.90
Tickets - $758.98
Park hopper- $146.96
Total - $2650.84

Seem accurate?

Those are our exact dates!

Are standard rooms at pop and CBR usually included? Or is there only water/preferred/pool view usually available on the offer?

Hi! I'm a long time lurker here but I am going to break out of my lurking bubble to ask a question from you, more seasoned travelers!

I'm dithering between shooting for dates starting Oct. 1st and dates starting Nov. 15th. My 6yoDD loves to swim but she is always freezing; will we be able to swim more than a little bit if we go in November? My daughter is my opposite and I would do almost anything to avoid being in Florida during Satan's Armpit season so I would very much like November to work out!

One more question here. We are now thinking about a 8 night stay instead of 7. I see that you can not drop any days if you get the FD without canceling the package. What if after I book the 7 nights with free dinning I want to add a day would I get the free dinning for that day also without having to cancel and rebook? It would be added on at the beginning of the trip if we do. Thanks for any information you can give me.

OK. I honestly don't know. Phone lines open at 7am but will the sale start online at midnight or like 4am?

I've heard so much conflicting information and this is our first trip to WDW

Opinions on value resorts... Last year our family did FD at ASMusic (we did upgrade to DDP) This year I have been planning on Pop. I have 2 boys. They will have just turned 2 and 4 at the time of our trip. We had no problems last year with Music... Barely saw the place honestly. Did experience a very long line the night we came back from Epcot. Anyway, Pop is only $100 more total for our weeklong trip. Is it worth it for the bus service or any other reason? I have read blogs but would like to hear 1st hand experience. Getting excited! Yay! And thanks for the help.

OK. I honestly don't know. Phone lines open at 7am but will the sale start online at midnight or like 4am?

I've heard so much conflicting information and this is our first trip to WDW

No one knows what time it will show up on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter