2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can buy 6 dasy tix with the FD package dates. You

no advance booking again this year is disappointing. wonder if that is Disney's decision or Chase. In the end I booked with a TA so the advance did not matter. It's not my primary card either, anything I would only get 1% of from any card goes on the DVisa.

The rewards sure are nice to have for the extras while at WDW. Last trip we had the DDP and it covered all the tips, wine with dinner and a cocktail by the pool.
This trip we are going with the QSDP so no tips. I will have close to $500 in rewards that I will use to pay for at least 1 character meal and maybe MVMCP (still not sure that is worth the cost for 3 Disney adults).

no fee so I will likely keep it.
The Cust Serv Rep I talked to at Chase made it sound like it was Disney's decision. I have the one with the fee think I will at least downgrade.

A little off topic, but hey.... we've got all day and all night to chat! AoA Family Suite is our first choice, but I hardly hear anyone talk about this one. Previously stayed at POR and loved it, but now with a 2.5 year old grandson the Cars suites can't be beat (theme-wise) for our party of 3 adults and the boy.

So, what's the downside on this resort? Is it just the relative cost per value resort or is something else going on of which I'm unaware?

It's a great resort - tons of fun, great theme, etc. It's value, obviously, so I think people shy away from the suites because it's a value resort and they feel they're paying deluxe pricing. But it ends up being around the same amount as 2 rooms.

Downside - there's no slide but the pool is still a lot of fun. Make sure to go under water ;)

It's only got QS restaurants and it's a little spread out, but I haven't heard people complaining much about the suites. Mostly that the mermaid rooms are far. You'll LOVE it. Especially with a Cars lover!

Yes I called at 7:15. No new promos for DV or GP. CM did say "today is Sunday and DW typically does not release new promos on Sunday's. Monday would be a better day to check"

I tried squeezing a little more info out of her by asking if they were looking for any CM to volunteer for OT tomorrow in anticipation of high call volume. She said she can't comment on that. And again repeated that "Monday would be a better day to call if I was looking for new promo releases."

The cast member I spoke with yesterday said, "we are only told a day or two ahead of the public about promotions, and that I should watch my emails, and then call to have any special offers added". I thought, haha, I can do so much better than that!

I am reading these pages and everyone is freaking out about not getting free dining. In all the years we have been doing this I have never met anyone that did not get free dining when they wanted to get free dining. You may have to pay more for a different room category. You may have to stay at a resort you did not initially want to stay at or you may have to tweak your days here and there but the chances of getting free dining if you want it is pretty good. This promo sits on the website for months after initial release---there are thousands upon thousands of people that book this promo without ever coming to this website. Stay calm---relax and get your behind up before the crack of dawn and all will be well. I have booked free dining since it was first offered. Sad year for me. Not going during free dining.

Well said! "The Motivator has spoken! "

The cast member I spoke with yesterday said, "we are only told a day or two ahead of the public about promotions, and that I should watch my emails, and then call to have any special offers added". I thought, haha, I can do so much better than that!

Totally true, to be honest. I'd assume they got their emails with promos on Friday though. I can't recall if any have come out over the weekend to the CMs.

Maybe we should recap just for the new folks, since this info has been floating for quite a while now.

Free Dining is should be available April 25.

For bookings of
August 23 - October 1
November 15-21
November 26-28
December 10-21

Deluxe and Moderate Resorts will receive the regular dining plan, while Value Resorts will receive the quick service dining plan.

Excluded Resorts:
Grand Floridian Villas, Polynesian Bungalows, Bay Lake Tower, Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation, Campsites at Ft. Wilderness, 3-bedroom Villas, All Star Movies, Port Orleans French Quarter. Note: Riverside excluded after October 1.

Minimum 3 night stay, with a 14 night maximum and at least two days of park tickets with an add-on (Park Hopper or Waterpark option) is required.

Last edited:

Room Discounts should be released April 25.

For stays between August 26 and November 5.

Discounts up to 30% depending on resort level. This one is always complicated but values should get 20%, moderates 25% and deluxe 30%. There may also be date ranges of different discount levels.

Excludes: Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation, Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian Villas, and Grand Floridian Villas.

I was playing around with the modify button today just to check, the problem is originally we were booked at AOA but switched to POR. The main page is correct but when I go in to the modify page it still says we are booked at AOA so it looks like I would have to call tomorrow to change it or does anyone know if I call today if it's something they could fix?

Calling all Coronado aficionados!

Off topic question here but I could use your advice. 8days/7nights at CSR resort in December. Traveling with DW,DD(8),DS(22mo.). Was planning on booking "standard" room due to budget constraints but have noticed that CSR is HUGE! I would like to be close to ElCentro as we will be doing QS breakfast at Pepper Market most mornings. Also I've read that preferred rooms in Casitas1,2or3 are near the first bus stop. (It's actually bus stop "#4" but buses goes there first) Or so I'm told. Pool is not really a factor because we are going in Dec.

Considering upgrading to "preferred" room in Casitas 1,2 or 3. If we do this it means we would have to reduce our trip by 1 day to stay within budget. What would you do? Upgrade to preferred and cut a day off trip or "just rough it" and book standard room with 8th day included?

Thanks in advance.

I was playing around with the modify button today just to check, the problem is originally we were booked at AOA but switched to POR. The main page is correct but when I go in to the modify page it still says we are booked at AOA so it looks like I would have to call tomorrow to change it or does anyone know if I call today if it's something they could fix?

It's possible that Tech Support could fix you up today, but they could also do something to botch it. Tough call. Disney tech is awful.

Just to clarify with the room discounts we don't have to have a package correct?

Correct.

Calling all Coronado aficionados!

Off topic question here but I could use your advice. 8days/7nights at CSR resort in December. Traveling with DW,DD(8),DS(22mo.). Was planning on booking "standard" room due to budget constraints but have noticed that CSR is HUGE! I would like to be close to ElCentro as we will be doing QS breakfast at Pepper Market most mornings. Also I've read that preferred rooms in Casitas1,2or3 are near the first bus stop. (It's actually bus stop "#4" but buses goes there first) Or so I'm told. Pool is not really a factor because we are going in Dec.

Considering upgrading to "preferred" room in Casitas 1,2 or 3. If we do this it means we would have to reduce our trip by 1 day to stay within budget. What would you do? Upgrade to preferred and cut a day off trip or "just rough it" and book standard room with 8th day included?

Thanks in advance.

I always vote for more time over closer accommodations. What's a little walking?! Here's a map. You could request close to the bus stop to help with the walking, or if you're driving I think it'll be less of an issue.

map-coronado-springs.jpg

Ok that would be great how do I modify to add the FD I already have dining plan booked as well

If you go to your MDE account and click on reservations there should be a chance reservation button. If it says to call try hitting refresh. From there you can select edit your package and then it should give you the option of applying a new discount.

If you don't see the change reservation option after a couple refreshes I would try booking a new one.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much you all are awesome :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter