2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were pretty bad Thursday at 7am........But I did manage to get through in 30 seconds....a new personal best!!!

To bad all the info was incorrect, would have been nice to have lost all that sleep for something...

I also I also got through on Thursday right at 7am to no avail.

and this is just wrong.......

Lol

"gskywalker" said: ok, as long as you rub off on my wife.

and this is just wrong.......
giphy.gif

Sorry if I am posting too many gifs... I'm bored. lol

There was no info to have correct. Visa dates are never mentioned in rumors. It's always been known that IF it's offered, it is the Thursday before a release (if the release is on Monday). In the past, it was a given, up until a couple years ago when they broke the trend of offering to Visa early. It was very clear that there was no leaked info to suggest one way or another....so folks did what they always do and call to check.

It's leading some to question the reason to have a Disney Visa in the first place, since that was always one of the perks.
Let me correct that...

xipotec : To bad all the RUMORS were incorrect, would have been nice to have lost all that sleep for something...

No one is blaming you Black.....always appreciate all your info.

In the past, it was a given, up until a couple years ago when they broke the trend of offering to Visa early.
It's leading some to question the reason to have a Disney Visa in the first place, since that was always one of the perks.

and this is a damn shame.....

Let me correct that...

No one is blaming you Black.....always appreciate all your info.

I honestly don't understand why Disney isn't like everyone else in the modern world who just announces when all their discounts will be.

The way they do it now encourages rumors, leaks, and speculation....which ties up their phone and website with people checking and not booking. They somehow think they can control the internet, which is never going to happen. All the other theme parks and resorts announce their promotions early and don't hide anything....it's so much easier that way. As with anything, if no information is out there, people will speculate, look for leaks, or even flat out guess. Either way, hundreds of folks calling on Thursday to check did nothing but tie up lines and prevent operators from getting sales.

It just could be so much easier if they quit trying to fight the internet and used it to their advantage instead.

ok, as long as you rub off on my wife. Am I the only disney obsessed hubby married to a woman who barely cares about going(had months of the 4 kids and myself convincing her to go this year).
It's so bad here my husband pays for his mother in law to go with me and our girls! He gets a week of fishing! Haha he's a sport about listening to it though!! :yay:

Thank you everyone for all of the info, I have another question! If half of our trip falls under a room discount period and the other half falls during free dining, as long as we have PH and are staying for a min. of 3 nights, we should be able to do a split stay and take advantage of both promos, just not simultaneously? Also, we are booked all around because dates are not flexible - we are booked with a TA, what is the risk of just waiting for her to come in at 9am and have her change our reservation to include new promos? If we already have a room booked and it happens to be at a resort that is included in the promo is there any reason to join the race at 5am? Thank you in advance!

I honestly don't understand why Disney isn't like everyone else in the modern world who just announces when all their discounts will be.

The way they do it now encourages rumors, leaks, and speculation....which ties up their phone and website with people checking and not booking. They somehow think they can control the internet, which is never going to happen. All the other theme parks and resorts announce their promotions early and don't hide anything....it's so much easier that way. As with anything, if no information is out there, people will speculate, look for leaks, or even flat out guess. Either way, hundreds of folks calling on Thursday to check did nothing but tie up lines and prevent operators from getting sales.

It just could be so much easier if they quit trying to fight the internet and used it to their advantage instead.
Agreed, Funny how the offers that were up this morning were pulled off the vacations.aircanada site, guess somebody at Disney got ticked off about that one. Can't let that info get leaked out :rolleyes2

I couldn't agree with you more! We typically take a couple other vacations each year, aside from our Disney Thanksgiving trip, and they are all SO much easier and involve less stress to plan, lol! It's too bad we love Disney and free dining so much, since they keep their discounts undercover like they are state secrets!

And as many others have said, thank you for sharing your insight on the FD rumors! It is much appreciated!

Agreed, Funny how the offers that were up this morning were pulled off the vacations.aircanada site, guess somebody at Disney got ticked off about that one. Can't let that info get leaked out :rolleyes2
My guess is this might be a day by day thing.....They might put offer up for consideration, and if metrics do not meet a certain amount by that date they put up the offer..

Example....

If we sell X amount of packages (or percent of rooms booked) by Y date, we will off this.
If we do not, we offer this....

So they would naturally wait as long as possible to sell as many non discounted rooms as possible....then when historic averages tells them that more rooms should be booked by X date they offer a promo to ensure a higher overall booking percent. That's why they exclude certain resorts and rooms, they know they do not every have to discount them to get the booking percent they are shooting for.

Just a guess , but it works that way for alot of businesses.

So for anybody who missed the posts and did not get to see if before it was pulled off the Air Canada site. Here is the info that was on the air Canada site this morning which I posted on the previous thread.

This was what they provided when checking All Star Music for the Room Only discount that was posted…
1. Save up to 25% off your hotel stay
Save up to 25% off your hotel stay!
o Valid for travel August 26 – November 5, 2016
o Book Between April 25, 2016 and August 31, 2016
Restrictions
o Minimum 2, maximum 14 night stay
o This offer can be booked as ‘Room Only’
o This offer can also be booked as a ‘Magic Your Way”
o This offer can also be booked as a ‘Room and Dine Only Package’ (no ticket required)
o The Disney Dining Plan, Quick Service Dining plan and Deluxe Dining Plan may be added at regular rates
o Discounted offer room rates are not applicable to any nights after November 5, 2016
o The room rate discount is a tiered discount which varies by resort and room type
o Magic Your Way Tickets are not discounted
o To be eligible to receive this offer, please select the room only offer category
NOTE for each hotel: The “Special Offer” is not applicable to 3-bedroom villas, the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian, Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows (Category MV), Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard View Room (Room Type VA) Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter is at regular net rates form August 1 - 25, 2016
And here is what was on the site for the Free Dining promotion when checking POR…
1. Dining Special
For a limited time, Guests who purchase a minimum three (3), maximum fourteen (14) night stay in combination with a minimum 3-Day Magic Your Way ticket with Park Hopper and/or Water Park Fun & More options will receive the Disney Dining Plan FREE.
o Valid for booking made between April 25, 2016 through August 31, 2016
o Valid for arrivals August 14 – October 1, 2016, November 15 – November 21, 2016; November 26 – November 28, 2016; December 10 – December 21, 2016
Restrictions:
o Minimum three (3), maximum fourteen (14) night stay required
o Must be booked with a minimum 2-Day Magic Your Way ticket that includes the Park Hopper and/or Water Park Fun & More options
o This offer cannot be booked with a Magic Your Way Base Ticket
o Guests may also upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan at a discounted rate
o Offer discount is on the Disney Dining Plans only. There is no discount on the room rate or Magic Your Way tickets
o To be eligible for this promotion, please select the Free Dine Room Category • Discounted is reflected in the rates
NOTE: Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter is not part of this offer. Riverside is only available for the period of Aug 14 to Oct 1.

Our choices are for CBR and CSR. There is 5 of us including a 2 year old so those are really our only options since POR and POFQ are excluded. If we got a value we wouldn't be able to squeeze into the full size beds.
Ultimately I'm hoping for a UOC for POR later.

We squeezed our 2 year old into a pack-n-play at Pop and were actually quite comfortable with 5 in the room. I was happy to take advantage of our final chance to have 5 in a value. Just in case you run out of other options.

Wonder if they will change the dates now because of it?

My husband and I were just talking about this earlier today! Wonder if Disney knows and purposely does it to build up hype....

So for anybody who missed the posts and did not get to see if before it was pulled off the Air Canada site. Here is the info that was on the air Canada site this morning which I posted on the previous thread.

This was what they provided when checking All Star Music for the Room Only discount that was posted…
1. Save up to 25% off your hotel stay
Save up to 25% off your hotel stay!
o Valid for travel August 26 – November 5, 2016
o Book Between April 25, 2016 and August 31, 2016
Restrictions
o Minimum 2, maximum 14 night stay
o This offer can be booked as ‘Room Only’
o This offer can also be booked as a ‘Magic Your Way”
o This offer can also be booked as a ‘Room and Dine Only Package’ (no ticket required)
o The Disney Dining Plan, Quick Service Dining plan and Deluxe Dining Plan may be added at regular rates
o Discounted offer room rates are not applicable to any nights after November 5, 2016
o The room rate discount is a tiered discount which varies by resort and room type
o Magic Your Way Tickets are not discounted
o To be eligible to receive this offer, please select the room only offer category
NOTE for each hotel: The “Special Offer” is not applicable to 3-bedroom villas, the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian, Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows (Category MV), Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard View Room (Room Type VA) Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter is at regular net rates form August 1 - 25, 2016
And here is what was on the site for the Free Dining promotion when checking POR…
1. Dining Special
For a limited time, Guests who purchase a minimum three (3), maximum fourteen (14) night stay in combination with a minimum 3-Day Magic Your Way ticket with Park Hopper and/or Water Park Fun & More options will receive the Disney Dining Plan FREE.
o Valid for booking made between April 25, 2016 through August 31, 2016
o Valid for arrivals August 14 – October 1, 2016, November 15 – November 21, 2016; November 26 – November 28, 2016; December 10 – December 21, 2016
Restrictions:
o Minimum three (3), maximum fourteen (14) night stay required
o Must be booked with a minimum 2-Day Magic Your Way ticket that includes the Park Hopper and/or Water Park Fun & More options
o This offer cannot be booked with a Magic Your Way Base Ticket
o Guests may also upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan at a discounted rate
o Offer discount is on the Disney Dining Plans only. There is no discount on the room rate or Magic Your Way tickets
o To be eligible for this promotion, please select the Free Dine Room Category • Discounted is reflected in the rates
NOTE: Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter is not part of this offer. Riverside is only available for the period of Aug 14 to Oct 1.
One thing of interest that I just noticed in what was posted on Air Canada this morning was that in the initial description it says minimum 3 day ticket but in the details it says minimum 2 day ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter