2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Eurostar tickets booked. Going to be a flying visit, not even in France for 32 hours. Just got to work out where I want to stay in Val D'europe.

Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere...

Is there any indication that they will keep the RunExpo open later on Friday - for those making it in after work?

Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere...

Is there any indication that they will keep the RunExpo open later on Friday - for those making it in after work?

There was an article where they said the Expo would be open late so those arriving on the last trains could check in. I can't remember what time, but 10pm or slightly later rings a bell

There was an article where they said the Expo would be open late so those arriving on the last trains could check in. I can't remember what time, but 10pm or slightly later rings a bell
Thanks! I'll also email them and ask them directly.
I'll keep everyone posted on my findings, most likely I'll miss the opening party, but then again, we need to rest for the 10K. :P

Thanks! I'll also email them and ask them directly.
I'll keep everyone posted on my findings, most likely I'll miss the opening party, but then again, we need to rest for the 10K. :P

Open this link in chrome for the translation. It's an interview about the run done at their booth at the London Marathin Expo. Third answer down says the Expo will be open until 22:00 so people on the last trains can get in.

Lots of other great info there including confirmation of next year's dates

http://www.ed92.org/#!entretien-avec-laurent-charbonnier/noxy8

I though the link was somewhere on this thread, but apparently was in its own thread announcing next year's confirmation.

Thanks @chelynnah ! I knew I saw it somewhere else on the DISBoards.

ED92: Many participants wondered how the event will unfold: packs for participants, t-shirts, Run Expo Disney. How will this happen to you?

Laurent: The exhibition will open on Thursday afternoon, this is where participants can collect their packs. We will ensure, especially for participants arriving on the last train, the expo closes at 22:00 so that everyone can get his bib on time.
There will be almost two special events: a Friday evening, a private party at Walt Disney Studios, the second taking place on Saturday night (Rice Party ') to the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show.

I've emailed them as well - to ensure that it's opened late on the Friday too.

I was hoping to somehow figure a way to squeeze in the DL half so I could get the Coast to Coast in addition to the Castle to Chateau....but it doesn't appear to be in the cards this year. C'est la vie. Paris is a nice alternative to Anaheim. :groom:

Got a direct email that the expo will stay open until 10PM on the Friday Evening (Sept 23). woooo hooo.

Going to do the C2C x 2! super excited!

Attachments

• DLP Run.jpg
    DLP Run.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 11
Got a direct email that the expo will stay open until 10PM on the Friday Evening (Sept 23). woooo hooo.

Going to do the C2C x 2! super excited!
Thanks for following up and sharing :) really looking forward to going, and DH (who's the one running) is like Tigger every time we talk about it.

• came across this info but I guess the Expo times will now be 10pm for both Thursday & Friday.
Anyone know where the Disney Events Area is? At the end of the Disney Village behind the Sandwich place on the walkway to the NPB Hotel.??

Yes the Disney Events Arena is the structure behind Earl of Sandwich on the way to Newport Hotel.

Just a heads up. If anyone is staying off-site at Hotel B&B Disneyland Paris. We booked our stay in either late Nov or early Dec last year and at the time it was a good rate, and the cheapest available rooms in that area of hotels. We had a small change of plans so I was going to ring them to change our arrival day to a day later. Out of curiosity before I did that I checked to see if they had any rooms available for the new dates and what the price would be. They do have rooms (so anyone who hasn't booked yet it's worth checking them out) and they were €30 cheaper per night than my original booking. That's saved us €150 over the stay,

Needless to say I rebooked at that rate and just cancelled the whole original booking. So if you booked a few months back it might be worth checking if you could get a better rate now.

I'm actually shocked that there's still rooms, but there were in several categories.

Last edited:
Help! I'm starting to freak out a bit. I bought a package for my husband and I to run the half and 5K directly from Disneyland Paris. We are staying at Newport Bay Hotel. Since it's still several months away, I haven't been thinking too much about the trip.

I received a confirmation email from Disneyland Paris back in October when I booked. However, I did not receive the email with personal login information to finish our registrations. I sent an email to dip.run.info@disney.com on May 1st. They responded back that they resent the email link. You guessed it! I never received the email. I called and talked to them and I was given an admin email address to send a note to for help with my situation. I received an automated reply stating they are very busy and hope to reply within 5 days.

I just found out that I must have all forms completed and uploaded by June 1 or we will not be able to run. I also received an email from runDisney Paris yesterday that I need to finish my registration by using the username and password sent to me. What is the the email address that the registration links are being sent from? I have been monitoring my spam/junk emails in case it would have ended up there.

It appears that I am receiving all emails except for the one I need :(. Has anyone else had a problem with this? Do you have any advice for how to get this resolved?

TIA,
Amy

Help! I'm starting to freak out a bit. I bought a package for my husband and I to run the half and 5K directly from Disneyland Paris. We are staying at Newport Bay Hotel. Since it's still several months away, I haven't been thinking too much about the trip.

I received a confirmation email from Disneyland Paris back in October when I booked. However, I did not receive the email with personal login information to finish our registrations. I sent an email to dip.run.info@disney.com on May 1st. They responded back that they resent the email link. You guessed it! I never received the email. I called and talked to them and I was given an admin email address to send a note to for help with my situation. I received an automated reply stating they are very busy and hope to reply within 5 days.

I just found out that I must have all forms completed and uploaded by June 1 or we will not be able to run. I also received an email from runDisney Paris yesterday that I need to finish my registration by using the username and password sent to me. What is the the email address that the registration links are being sent from? I have been monitoring my spam/junk emails in case it would have ended up there.

It appears that I am receiving all emails except for the one I need :(. Has anyone else had a problem with this? Do you have any advice for how to get this resolved?

TIA,
Amy

Hi Amy, my confirmation email was send from this adress: half-marathon-weekend-no-reply@disneylandparis.com It says no-reply but you can always try. For any other questions they mention this mail adress but it seems you already tried this one (except you typed dip instead of dlp but that is just a typo I guess since you got a reply from disneyland); dlp.run.info@disney.com

TIA,
Amy
Have you checked your junk mail filter? If you download onto a machine, but your email provider offers a spam filter have you logged in with them online to check there? I often have to log into the web version of gmail and find things there. They delete after 30 days though.

One of the things you have to have sent to them by 1st June is the Dr note saying you can run. Have you got that? If you can get in touch with them they migh allow you to fax it with a reference.

Have you checked your junk mail filter? If you download onto a machine, but your email provider offers a spam filter have you logged in with them online to check there? I often have to log into the web version of gmail and find things there. They delete after 30 days though.

One of the things you have to have sent to them by 1st June is the Dr note saying you can run. Have you got that? If you can get in touch with them they migh allow you to fax it with a reference.

Also, if you booked through a travel agent, they should have access to your entry info.

Good luck!

Just another thought if you get the registration finished on time,, have you submitted the required medical certificate to run the Half?

Just so you have all the facts,, this is required by the 1st of June too & needs to be signed by your doctor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter