2015 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** May 7-10, 2015

Belle Ella

DIS Veteran
TinkerBell15_1.png

Will you be participating in any of the 2015 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend events?
Drop by here so we can share tips, encouragement, and planning details with one another!

TinkHalf_Notes.png

From the official website of the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend:

Registration for the 2015 Tinker Bell Half marathon Weekend is still available through
Charity Groups and Travel Providers!

TinkHalf_Fees.png

Tinker Bell Half Marathon
Sold Out

Pixie Dust Challenge
Sold Out

Tinker Bell 10K
Sold Out

Never Land 5K
Sold Out

runDisney Kids Races
Sold Out

ChEAR Squad
● Bronze - No Charge
● Silver - $39 per package
● Gold - $69 per package
● Platinum Half - $99 per package

Pasta in the Park Party
Sold Out

TinkHalf_Schedule.png

Thursday, May 7

runDisney Health & Fitness Expo
10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Disneyland Hotel Exhibit Hall

● Packet pick up
● Official race merchandise
● Speaker series
● Exhibitors offering apparel and fitness items, gadgets and nutritional products

Friday, May 8

Never Land 5K
Follow the second star to the right and straight on till morning!
5:00 am
Start/Finish: Disneyland Resort

● Course map to come
● Disney characters and entertainment on-course
● On-course and post-race refreshments
● Participants receive a unisex tee, finishers medal, personalized bib (if registered by February 1), digital event guide and iGiftBag

9:00 am - 8:00 pm

Pasta Party
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm

● Buffet pasta dinner and dessert
● Disney character appearances for a chance to get a photos and autographs
● Entertainment

Saturday, May 9

Tinker Bell 10K
5:30 am

● Course map to come
● Timed 10K course through the Disneyland Resort
● Participants receive Champion short-sleeve tech shirt in Women's or Men's cut, finisher medal,
personalized bib (if registered by February 1), digital event guide and iGiftBag

You must be registered for the Pixie Dust Challenge in order to receive the Pixie Dust Challenge Medal

runDisney Kids Races
Every kid's a winner if you just "believe!"
9:00 am

● Post-race refreshments
● Participants receive T-shirt, finisher medallion, personalized race bib

9:00 am - 4:00 pm

Disneyland DIS Boards Meet-Up
2:30 pm
Tangaroa Terrace & Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar
Disneyland Hotel

Sunday, May 10

Tinker Bell Half Marathon
You can run, you can run, you can run!
5:30 am

● Course map to come
● Women's themed half marathon
● 13.1 mile course through Disneyland Resort and the surrounding area
● Family Reunion area at the finish line with entertainment and characters
● Participants receive Champion short-sleeve tech shirt in Women's or Men's cut, Tinker Bell Half Marathon mesh bag,
Tinker Bell finisher medal, personalized race bib (if registered by February 1), live runner tracking for friends and family,
digital event guide and iGiftBag, personalized results website

You must be registered for the Pixie Dust Challenge in order to receive the Pixie Dust Challenge Medal

TinkHalf_staytuned.png

photo_2.jpg
photo_1.jpg

Last edited:
TinkHalf_OurRunners.png

If you wish to be added to our list of runners, post below once registered

TinkerBellHalf.png

● anidee
● BayAreaMom - PDC
● Belle Ella - PDC
● Corpsebride
● cp11 - PDC
● CynthiaC925 - PDC
● dadofnicholas - PDC
● dec2009mama - PDC
● DisneylandPlanner
• Filipina
● jblairosu
• Jsingh1812
● junmato - PDC
● keels - PDC
● kelly 1 - PDC
● kim339 - PDC
Quality Inn & Suites
● kindakrazy2 - PDC
● laurasvwee - PDC
● liesel
● megloowho
● Miranda
● OctoberDisney
● rachlovestv - PDC
● tdashgirl
● VickiHD - PDC
● WestMom2Two
● 2tinkerbell

TinkerBell10K.png

● AmericanItGirl
● BayAreaMom - PDC
● Belle Ella - PDC
● ColoBlu6
● cp11 - PDC
● CynthiaC925 - PDC
● dadofnicholas - PDC
● dec2009mama - PDC
● junmato - PDC
● keels - PDC
● kelly 1 - PDC
● kim339 - PDC
● kindakrazy2 - PDC
● laurasvwee- PDC
● rachlovestv - PDC
• txtara
● VickiHD - PDC
● Viva Las Disney

Neverland5K.png

● ColoBlu6
● CynthiaC925
● dadofnicholas
● Itinkso
● jina
● kim339
• PixieDustD
● Scotthisbrit
● tdashgirl
• txtara
● Viva Las Disney
● 2tinkerbell

TinkMedals.png

Last edited:
I'm in for all 3, assuming I can get in before everything sells out. And if I can get in and spaces are still open, registering my niece for the Diaper Dash. I'm really surprised they haven't added the challenge yet, it would be so much easier and less stressful. But there's still time, so here's hoping.

I can't believe we're already on year 4!! :tink:

I'm in for all 3, assuming I can get in before everything sells out. And if I can get in and spaces are still open, registering my niece for the Diaper Dash. I'm really surprised they haven't added the challenge yet, it would be so much easier and less stressful. But there's still time, so here's hoping.

I can't believe we're already on year 4!! :tink:

:cool1: Year 4 has definitely come up fast, hasn't it? I can't believe I'm run all 3 so far. Legacy, here we come (eventually).

I'm still betting we wont see a challenge until year 5 to be honest.

Good luck registering for all three, plus the diaper dash for your niece!

I had such an amazing time this year. Unfortunately due to the change in dates it's just not going to work next year. Hopefully down the road!

I am planning on registering. Did it last year and had a great time.

I have an all day retreat that day in the canyon with not so reliable internet connection. Everyone knows I will not be coming until I am registered.

I had such an amazing time this year. Unfortunately due to the change in dates it's just not going to work next year. Hopefully down the road!

Hopefully you'll be able to again someday! Maybe in 2016 for the 5 year anniversary? I know this change in dates definitely threw a wrench in the plans for many.

I am planning on registering. Did it last year and had a great time.

I have an all day retreat that day in the canyon with not so reliable internet connection. Everyone knows I will not be coming until I am registered.

Here, here! Registration comes before just about everything, considering how hard it is to get in for these lately. Are you doing early registration on the 6th, or just general registration on the 12th?

:wave2:Hi Jessica :wave2:

not sure if you remember me from the DIVA trip – prob not as there was so many of us!

Put me down for the 5K and 10K and DS will be doing the kids 200m dash – I am so excited to run my first Disney run and it being tinkerbell! I am an AP holder and plan to pre-register although I have hit a snag in my plans!

I am flying out of town that day and at that time….so I am not sure what I am going to do?!? Buy wifi on the airplane and hope its not a crappy connection or wait until my layover and hope there are still spaces open – decisions-decisions!
:confused3

No Disney Visa nor am I an AP, so it looks like I am taking my chances on the 12th. If I keep doing runDisney, I will have to fix that problem.

I have a Disney Visa, but it didn't get me anywhere for PHM weekend!

Did you try to use it for the discount at regular registration? Just curious if that's still offered, b/c I did SW at regular reg and didn't get the normal discount. But I don't remember if I hit the apply button being in a rush to get in, so that could've been it also.

:wave2:Hi Jessica :wave2:

not sure if you remember me from the DIVA trip – prob not as there was so many of us!

Put me down for the 5K and 10K and DS will be doing the kids 200m dash – I am so excited to run my first Disney run and it being tinkerbell! I am an AP holder and plan to pre-register although I have hit a snag in my plans!

I am flying out of town that day and at that time….so I am not sure what I am going to do?!? Buy wifi on the airplane and hope its not a crappy connection or wait until my layover and hope there are still spaces open – decisions-decisions!
:confused3

Hello, hello! I'm horrible with DIS names and remembering who they go to in person. So I'd probably remember your face! I'm excited that you're looking forward to Tink being your first runDisney experience!

I would definitely try and get in during pre-registration to guarantee yourself a spot, but if for some reason it doesn't work out (because that's the way life works sometimes) all hope isn't completely lost for general registration.

No Disney Visa nor am I an AP, so it looks like I am taking my chances on the 12th. If I keep doing runDisney, I will have to fix that problem.

Disney Visa doesn't get you pre-registration anymore. I believe it used to in the past, but not the past year or so. At least in my experience. I know it is supposed to get you a discount but I've never been sure how that worked exactly.

I have a Disney Visa, but it didn't get me anywhere for PHM weekend!

Again, the Disney Visa is just supposed to be a discount, which is entirely possible they've stopped that as well. Early registration is AP holders (Annual Passholders) and DVC members (Disney Vacation Club).

Did you try to use it for the discount at regular registration? Just curious if that's still offered, b/c I did SW at regular reg and didn't get the normal discount. But I don't remember if I hit the apply button being in a rush to get in, so that could've been it also.

I didn't even test the Disney Visa out for a discount during Star Wars, or my CM discount for that matter. But I know mine as a CM is only good during general registration and I'm far too impatient to wait for that and risk not getting in.

I tried it, but that registration was such a nightmare, it kicked me out when I hit apply. I decided to forget it and contact runDisney. I never did, but someone on the boards emailed them and got a message back saying there was no Visa discount for PHM.

I don't know whether I'm happy or angry they made the announcement of the Challenge so late. I was really hoping they would save it for the 5th anniversary. Now I have to figure out if (1) I can afford to do the challenge or (2) if I even want to. The inaugural year is the only year I would be interested in doing it (until maybe an anniversary year but even that is doubtful). I was already planning on doing the Never Land 5K for the first time this go around but the challenge might be more worth my money for a little more.

GAH!

For anyone interested in the cost it will be $320, so same as Rebel I believe. I'll get the new information added to the OP sometime over the next few days. My work schedule is insane this weekend with barely 3 hours between shifts until Monday.

I don't know whether I'm happy or angry they made the announcement of the Challenge so late. I was really hoping they would save it for the 5th anniversary. Now I have to figure out if (1) I can afford to do the challenge or (2) if I even want to. The inaugural year is the only year I would be interested in doing it (until maybe an anniversary year but even that is doubtful). I was already planning on doing the Never Land 5K for the first time this go around but the challenge might be more worth my money for a little more.

GAH!

I think I'm more happy for the slight ease of stress from reg opening and trying to get into everything before active meltdown. The extra shirt and medal are nice too I guess. :lmao:

As for you, that is a difficult one and I wouldn't even be able to help you; I would have no idea which to pick. You have the inagural of the challenge and extras, but on the other hand there's the 5k. With the challenge, you get to say you did the challenge. You also get the extra medal and extra running shirt. It's the inagural so that's always a good plus. It's a pricey 5k, but honestly it's my fave out of all the races. The whole thing is inside the parks and you start at the castle... :love: And if you like to take pics, you can get some really cool ones if you get there as soon as the gates open. I got some awesome Matterhorn pics, a postcard one coming over the bride into Paradise Pier w/ a full moon and the Wheel and WOC fountains, and a great one w/ the sun coming up over Cadillac Ridge. But the best moment, possibly disney moment b/c it is so rare, was as we were going backstage by IASW this year, they were taking the monorail out for the morning from it's home. It was so cool. Plus, the shirt and medal were one of the cutest ones out of all the disney 5ks I've done this past year.

If only it was like a few years ago when you would have months to decide instead of a minutes before everything sells out.

*sigh* I was selfishly hoping they would wait until the anniversary too, since I had already decided I was going to wait until 2016 for the Tinkerbell. Ah well...I just have to stay strong until after registration! Then it will be full and I can't cave! lol

While the challenge would be really nice, mainly the extra medals, I think I am going to stick with just doing the 1/2 Marathon. Hopefully that won't sell out too fast.

I am now changing plans: was going to do 5km and 10km now with the challenge announced I am going to strive for 10km and ½ marathon.
Since this is my first Disney run and I know I won’t be doing one again for awhile due to a halt on our frequency of travel beginning Sept 2015 I might as well dive in and attempt my first half!

I am nervous and excited at the same time! :scared:

Since I am an AP holder I can register this Wed, I am on a flight during registration time so yesterday I pre-purchased 1 hour of in flight wifi so I can attempt to register while mid air – fingers crossed I get in!

I am now changing plans: was going to do 5km and 10km now with the challenge announced I am going to strive for 10km and ½ marathon. Since this is my first Disney run and I know I won’t be doing one again for awhile due to a halt on our frequency of travel beginning Sept 2015 I might as well dive in and attempt my first half! I am nervous and excited at the same time! :scared: Since I am an AP holder I can register this Wed, I am on a flight during registration time so yesterday I pre-purchased 1 hour of in flight wifi so I can attempt to register while mid air – fingers crossed I get in!

Good for you! Don't be scared! I was terrified the first time, but you just train for it. Take it one week, one run at a time. Then when the day comes, you'll know you did everything you could to prepare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter