• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

We are having a good day, too. Got a refund from the dentist. I started my new job. Southwest had the lowest fares I've seen. Plus, as a stated before, got a standard rate RO at POP the day before our FD starts. I'm hoping we won't have to change rooms.

Check again ya'll! On a whim I just checked and there it was....Caribbean Beach for our dates!!! Woohoooo!!! Patience and persistence pay off :) this is our first time to stay there and we are excited to try a new resort. There were standard and water view rooms available :) 9/22-28

More rooms with FD are definitely popping up. Was booked at CSR from 11/14 - 11/21 without FD (been trying to get it since day 1). Been checking CSR and Contemporary multiple times a day. Earlier today, got a Contemporary garden wing garden view with FD for just a few hundred dollars more than CSR without FD. Going to keep checking for CSR with FD...

Lots more options today! Those looking for CBR for last week in Oct., it looks like some standard rooms opened up. I'm still keeping fingers crossed for a Poly standard to open up in Nov.

Thank you so much!!! I was just able to switch from ASSports to POP! And it was a standard room! I've been trying to do this since the deal came out!
Awesome! :D I'm still checking for my dates (set-in-stone unfortunately) and haven't given up hope yet.

We were able to switch from POR Pool View to CBR Standard View and save $150!! Trying to cut back and save where we can and still keep the free dining.

Makes no sense. Im POR Pool View from 10/29 to 11/10 and paying for DDP for 5154.65. If I do a split stay at CBR from 10/29 to 11/06 standard room with FD and 11/07 to 11/10 standard room and paying for DDP it would be a savings of about $100. I wish they would just open up a CBR standard for my dates with FD. Oh well, at least I get to stay at POR which is one of my Favorite resorts.

Check again ya'll! On a whim I just checked and there it was....Caribbean Beach for our dates!!! Woohoooo!!! Patience and persistence pay off :) this is our first time to stay there and we are excited to try a new resort. There were standard and water view rooms available :) 9/22-28
WE are staying there for our first time too with dates 9/19-9/25. I have checked for this resort since the deal came out and tonight was the first time I saw any Standard rooms open.

Looks like a lot of y'all had great luck today! It was a lucky day for me too but, for different reasons....my pathology report came back today and I am cancer free and I got the CRT reservation I had been looking for! It's a good day!!
Great News! May pixie dust continue to fall upon you.

No luck changing my resort from ASSp to Pop. I am starting to think staying there 11/12-11/21 will be okay since there aren't any events at WWoS.

Lots more options today! Those looking for CBR for last week in Oct., it looks like some standard rooms opened up. I'm still keeping fingers crossed for a Poly standard to open up in Nov.

We got it!!! CBR 10/31-11/8!!!! I can't believe it, been refreshing the iPad so much that when it actually appeared I thought I had lost my mind! Only preferred was available, but trading in our 2 standard pool view rooms at POP (and our upgraded TS dining plan) will save us $550!!! I'll keep checking for a standard room, but I am so happy I might just leave it all alone for awhile :)

Congrats to everyone who is getting what they hoped for, and for those that haven't yet, just keep hitting that refresh button baby!!

GOT IT! What was I just saying about not giving up hope? Right at midnight, Caribbean Beach standard rooms became available for 09/30-10/07. Switched both of my family's rooms over flawlessly. For maybe $400 extra total, we're upgrading six adults from AS Sports to CBR. A huge win. I had been simply hoping for Pop as a modest upgrade over AS Sports, but this is much better. I'll try not to get too greedy but I may still check once or twice for POR. ;)

Keep at it people. Too many success stories today to think that this run of good luck won't continue a little longer.

GOT IT! What was I just saying about not giving up hope? Right at midnight, Caribbean Beach standard rooms became available for 09/30-10/07. Switched both of my family's rooms over flawlessly. For maybe $400 extra total, we're upgrading six adults from AS Sports to CBR. A huge win. I had been simply hoping for Pop as a modest upgrade over AS Sports, but this is much better. I'll try not to get too greedy but I may still check once or twice for POR. ;)

Keep at it people. Too many success stories today to think that this run of good luck won't continue a little longer.

Yes! You got it! That's amazing for everyone! They must have just released a bunch of new options from people canceling and switching resorts. I can't believe how many people have posted here today that they got what they wanted. What a fantastic day.

@themommy - congratulations! Truly a blessing.

I just saw AoA Family suites (Lion King & Cars) for Nov. 14-21st and Family suites at *** for anyone with a party of 5ish!

Tried for one last time as I was starting to give up and start my research about ASSp, I finally got Pop Century for my dates!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:So hopefully my standard room at ASSp (Nov 12-21) gets put back into availability for someone else who had been looking for a FD room for those dates.:thumbsup2 Thanks to PP that kept hope for me to find the availability for Pop Century.
:disrocks:

Last edited:
Pop Century standard rooms just opened for FD 11/13-11/22. I was checking because the family originally wanted to stay here. Now they are happy where we are. Are they releasing more rooms for the offer or something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter